• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 1,454 Views, 26 Comments

Lance of Love - Admiral Q Ponyform



Cadance has a deep secret that only Celestia knows.

  • ...
26
 26
 1,454

Journey to Freeport

Soon I got into a routine on the ship. Got up in the morning, ate with the crew, did some exercise to get this body to her standards, and learn sailing from the crew. Freeport was an island nation and sea trade is it's economic blood. At least that’s what I remembered talking with my earth pony cousins when my clan ponies honestly occupied their cities. I was a tad curious and could better assist if I had basic knowledge of how they ran their part of the country and is very similar to logistics, just the exchange of bits added in. I needed to know more since everything ran on bits on this era. The sailors were amicable enough to teach me. I practice my wings when the crew couldn’t teach me. It didn't take me long to get back into my routine in flight training. Going through my flying drills made feel like myself once more. Flying was the one thing to break my usual stoic area. Flying with my family, laughing and teasing each other well my siblings doing that. I remember rolling my eyes at their antics while mother gave a little laugh. Now…




Now




Now they are all dead. I felt pain in my chest and found a cloud to land on. And I cried….I cried for the family I love and missed. I saw all their faces. The Twins Thunder and Flash, so eager to prove themselves in combat, Dusk, my idiotic yet dashing younger brother. Dawn, the young healer. Little Shield, too young for combat. And then Mother, looking over us with pride. I cried, as I will never see them again. The Twins and mother during the war, Dusk, Dawn, and Shield would live to old age but without clan support. I cried. I cried for my loss. The loss of everything dear to me.




“Hey, you okay?” I looked up shocked and saw young Wingblast to my left. She looked concerned. I gave her a small smile.




“Just mourning my family.” She got closer and put a hoof on my shoulder giving me a sad smile.




“They here.” She tapped my chest. “As long as you remember them they are not fully gone. I have lost kin through piracy or mercenary work. Our life is not easy but its ours.” I gave her a smile.




“Wise words from one so young.” Wingblast blushed at the complement. “we better get back to the ship.” Wingblast nodded and lead me back to the ship.




* * * *




The next day the routine was interrupted by a ship closing in. The sailors readied themselves to possible battle. I approached the captain. “Captain, if you have any spare weapons give it to me, I can fight.” The captain frowned but looked at the approaching ship and frown got worse.




“Alright, follow me.” She said and I did so. In the cargo hold she opened a chest. And started digging through. “Your wings are too big for any of my wing blades, so either hammer hooves or a cutlass?” Sadly no lance but the hooves would do. She wasn't competent enough with cutlasses to use them. So she put a pair of hooves on and headed to the deck. The other ship was closer and soon a variation of the skull and crossbones was raised. Spells were already bring fired at each ship. I ducked and approached the edge of the ship. Now arrows and bolts where flying. The pirate ship moved along side and an earth pony swung over only to meet my hoof as I uppercut him and….his head went flying…without his body. I blinked and then got back into the battle. I engaged another pegasus with wing blades. I ducked a swipe of the blade and swung a hoof. The mare dodge and used her other wing and lived my neck and felt my mane get loose and the mare floated in shock. I decked her and her neck broke and she fell. I looked around and saw a Doo in trouble. I dove and tackled the griffon who screeched and raked his talons across my cheek. I yell and crush his head. I with others pushed onto the pirate ship. I ignored the burning on my cheek. I decked another pirate and they went flying. Another punch and another pirate down.




“Lance! Duck!” I did so as a crossbow bolt went overhead. I rolled and looked behind me as an earth pony readied another bolt. I charged and bat the hoof with the crossbow and decked her. Then she saw the pirates raising hooves in surrender. I looked around and no living pirates were fighting but every pony was staring at me. I blinked and wondered why when wind blew a bit of my mane in my eyes. I try to stuff it back into the shawl but I didn’t feel it.




“How did ye mates get an alicorn as part of yer crew?” a




Oh horseapples.




* * * *




I find myself in the care of the ships healer. I grit my teeth as she bandaged my cheek.




“There you go. Far from the worse injury your highness.”




“I am no royal pony healer.” She looked at me confused.

“But, you're an alicorn. By default you are royalty.” I shook my head.




“Not for me. I rejected Celestia’s offer in her face. I am just a pony trying to connect with the last parts of my family.”




“You may have no choice ma'am.”




“Are we done here?” I huffed.




“Yes we are.” I quickly left and walking down the hallway. A sailor approached me.




“The Captain wants to see you. She is in the cabin.” I nodded and headed that way. In minutes I knocked on the door.




“Come in.” I opened the door and saw the captain at the desk looking over some scrolls. She look up.




“Ah, Lance. Come in. Great job during the fight, you were a big help. But were you going to keep what you are a secret?”




“Just till I got to the Doo clan holding and meet the current head of the clan. I have no idea how to use this.” I point to the horn on my head.




“How do you not?”




“I was not born with it. It’s a recent addition.”




“Learn fast for word will get around and ponies will treat you differently.”




“That does seem most likely.” I said with a sigh. The captain gave me a sympathetic smile.




“Go get some rest. You earned it and the rest can wait another day.” I gave her a nod and left her quarters.




* * * *




They rest of the trip was uneventful. We had gained the pirate ship as a prize and was being crewed by some of out ships crew. Since I took part in its capture I was getting part of its prize bounty. Seems the entire world used bits now. I just have to get use to it me thinks. Another thing to get use to was the stares. If they were doing something else the crew stared at me. I was THE ALICORN and I hated it. I was just a normal pony, but they seem to not be able to see that. Or maybe I was just in denial of what I am now. The mark on my cheek was barely discolored fur. I should still gave a scan but no and maybe that would fade. I never saw a mark on Celestia both in the brief time a saw her before the rebellion and even when she met me as I am now. Both times I never saw a scar. At least a physical one. Will I be the same? Seeing centuries pass and ponies grow old around me while I stay basically ageless. Perhaps I see now why Commander Luna went insane, dealing with that fact. I have better mot make the same mistake.




I look at the islands we pass. They were mainly farms of some kind. A few more geared for fishing for the more meat loving species Freeport trades with. Soon a bigger island with a decent size city was in front of us. Houses of various shapes made mainly of wood with some stone towers for defense of the island. The shoreline filled with docks for ships to load and unload from while she saw a shipyard building to repairing ships.




I had finally arrived at Freeport.

Comments ( 5 )

YES!! ITS ALLLIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE!!!!!

11561363
I accidentltly deleted the next chapter so have to rewrite it

11562149
Yup thought i posted it and got started on a chapter of another story and saved over it

Login or register to comment