• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 2,870 Views, 44 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Legend of Everfree - MaggiesHeartLove



After defeating Kuvira, Korra decides that the former dictator still has one final mission to complete...helping the Rainbooms to restore their lost magic. Can she find the courage to overcome her past?

  • ...
10
 44
 2,870

In Full Bloom

*(~)*

1 Corinthians 14:32-33~

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

*(~)*

In Full Bloom

One year latter...

Kuvira adjusted the strap over her shoulder. After Team Avatar had taken the geodes back from Camp Everfree, they worked long and hard to merge the remaining piece of the portal with the mirror, creating a brand new one right here in the cave. While the portal that lead to Canterlot High was now gone for good due to the move, it was probably for the best. Wouldn't want a repeat of the Fall Formal, now would we?

However, this mirror led to Camp Everfree, which would always be protected not only to Gloriosa and her family, but also because of the new addition.

Twilight and Korra concluded that certain gemstones, much like the Zenith stone which the sirens used to restore their power, had magical properties. Once they crossed over in from the portal, the geodes could be used almost like a commutation device. When one had a geode, the other could hear them so long as they held it in their hand. With a few magical tweaks here and there, the girls managed to stabilize this power, and surround the portal with them. Just like Twilight did with the magic of her communication book and her love of science, they could use the magic of the geodes so that whoever was wearing one they could pass through the portal and back again. So now, even when it opened on its own, the geodes would sustain the magic to keep anyone who wasn't wearing a geode from passing through, and to keep any magic from leaking further as well.

In short, now the geodes were used as an access point. And now, with their magic more stabilized, they could no longer absorb the magic while in the other world.

Korra packed one last thing into Kuvira's bag. "Okay, you're all set. Got your geode?"

"I never take it off." she said, showcasing the green colored stone around her neck. "We'll be back in a few weeks. Promise."

"Don't worry about it. Even you need a vacation once in a while."

"Tell me about it." Sunset said, wiggling her finger into her ear, "I'm still deff from Asami's squealing once she found out the geode could work like phones. At the paste she's going, she'll have invented the first Equestrian cell phone."

"If you ask me, it's an improvement." Starlight said.

The four friends hugged once more and Sunset tapped Kuvira's shoulder. "Come on. I bet they're already asking where we are." she said, pulling out her geode from her pocket and Starlight did the same thing. The geodes around the new mirror glowed in response to theirs, allowing them full entrance. Once there, they once again received their physical makeover and walked up the stairs Gloriosa had placed to climb up on.

Once they exited the cave, she arrived at Camp Everfree. This time, they were welcoming students from Crystal Prep Academy, joined by their Principal, and Twilight's sister-in-law, Cadance.

Thanks to Filthy Rich's generous offer, the camp had expanded. With new speedboats for the lake, a taller rock climbing wall, more sufficient tents for the campers to sleep in, even an opened roof aviary where campers could feed the birds who swooped down to eat the delicious treats. Timber's statue still stood tall and proud, and campers took their picture with him. Gloriosa even told them stories about the mysterious wolf spirit who protected the camp and watched over anyone who was ever lost in the woods. It was was a great way to keep Timber's legacy alive.

The Rainbooms took time off from their studies this summer to help their old friend out. They owed her that much. Rarity even coaxed the campers to have a fashion show, to which she had just finished designing the most fabulous camp looks. Some habits are hard to break. The female students used the dock as their runway for the rehearsal.

"This is only a preview." Rarity said, "I've got another entire line I'll debut for the real thing."

Gloriosa laughed alongside, her and Applejack. "Thanks you guys. I really appreciate you helping me out this summer."

"It was our pleasure, Gloriosa." Applejack said.

"Got room for three more?" Sunset Shimmer asked, once she, Starlight and Kuvira made their presence known. The Rainbooms all ceased what they were doing and ran to greet their friends. As always, by hugging.

"Sunset!"

"Starlight!"

"Kuvira!" Pinkie PIe shouted the loudest, giving Kuvira the tightest hug one could think of. The earthbender nearly suffocated, but thankfully, the pink haired girl released her. Still, Kuvira was just as happy to see her old friend as anyone.

"It's great to see you too, Pinkie Pie." Kuvira's heart filled with joy as she was once again surrounded by her friends. Around their necks, they each carried a geode stone, carved into an ordinary necklace, with a symbol resembling their pony counterparts' cutie marks. Gloriosa wore one as well, pink in color, similar to her skin, with a daisy symbol. These stones not only allowed them to crossover if they wished to see their friends, but also to stay in touch. This way, they would always carry a bit of Equestrian with them.

"We're so glad you guys could make it." Fluttershy said.

"Me too. I've got so much to tell you." Kuvira said.

Rainbow Dash chuckled, "Oh, what a coincidence. So do we. Well, more Flash and Twilight actually."

All eyes turned to the now married couple, who were just as excited to tell them about the news as everyone else. The two smiled broadly before revealing the truth in perfect sync. "We're having a baby!"

Sunset gasped with delight, while Starlight cheered, leaping into the air, while Kuvira had her jaw dropped, while smiling. "Congratulations!"

Sunset immediately hugged the two. "I'm so happy for you! Let me guess, you're going to name her Akari too?"

"No. Actually, we're having a boy." Flash corrected, making Sunset blink in surprise.

"Oh. Well, never mind then."

Kuvira giggled and approached Gloriosa. The two smiled before hugging. The camp director now wore her hair in a low ponytail, and unlike before with the sunflower crown, she now wore a simple daisy hair clip. Even her wardrobe received an upgrade. She wore a simple white shirt with the Camp Everfree logo, a long multicolored scarf, and a knee long jean skirt, and brown medium heeled shoes.

"I really missed you, Vira."

"I missed you too."

"So, what do you think?" Gloriosa asked, showcasing how much the camp has improved. "The speedboats were Filthy Rich's idea. I always wanted to have them for the camp, but dad never had the money for it."

"It looks amazing." Kuvira said, wrapping her arm around her friend.

"Come on, ya'll! We've got a whole week of camp fun planned for the campers!" Applejack said as she and the others dispersed to return to their camp activities with the campers.

Kuvira, Starlight and Sunset remained for a while longer, watching each one of their Mirror World friends. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were rock climbing with campers, Rarity and Pinkie Pie with the student models, Fluttershy taught some shy campers how to feed the birds. Gloriosa was telling campers about the Timber statue, Flash Sentry happily gave guitar lessons and Twilight Sparkle was catching up with her former Crystal Prep classmates, who had grown tremendously since high school. Now much nicer than before, as well as vowing to keep the whole "Midnight Sparkle" fiasco a secret years ago. As least there were some folks they could trust with the whole magic business.

Speaking of magic, the three girls began to wonder if the Rainbooms ever felt empty without their physical powers. Their worries were put to rest when they saw something extraordinary happen. While each of their friends were busy doing what they did best, Kuvira, Sunset and Starlight could see spiritual projections of their pony ears, wings and tails. Transparent in appearance, but still there. They gained them each and every time they were true to their Element. True to who they had become. True to the real meaning of Equestria and what it represented.

It was clear that, in a strong way, this world already had magic, which was how the Equestrian magic was able to find its place so easily and so quickly. Maybe, they just needed to see the physical version in order to really see what they were meant to do all along. There definitely was a powerful magic guiding these girls in everything they did and everything they would do. They believed in it. They saw it. They knew it was real. That was enough for them each to change for the better, and now they were sharing that same experience with others. As it turns out, the magic from the portal was here for a reason after all. Even during those terrifying moments with the power hungry she-monsters.

It was here to reveal the Truth. And now, it was their turn to carry it on.

Knowing this, the three friends enjoyed the rest of their stay in peace. Every now and again, they would see their friends gain pony features. Even if they were invisible to everyone else, they could still see them in all of their pony glory. And every time, they felt that spark within them. The spark that ignited the flame, and the flame that led each of them back to the light at the end of the tunnel.

And if you have the courage to follow it, then you too can rewrite a sad ending, into a happy one. Just like Kuvira, Sunset, Starlight, Twilight, and even Gloriosa did.

A story for new generations to share and learn from, and for some, it would begin here where they would, as their new slogan bellow their entrance sign read….

Camp Everfree:

"Embrace the Magic!"

(~)

Back in the Everfree Forest, the Tree of Harmony radiant with a heavenly glow. But, on this night, it appeared to have been glowing even brighter than ever. The branches from which the physical Elements of Harmony once stood, suddenly began to shimmer, their respected colors radiating off the branches, emitting bright colors all across the cave walls.

Iris suddenly woke up in the middle of the night, crying. Korra and Mako rushed inside, fully awake, and Korra held the two-year-old in her arms. "It's okay, mommy and daddy are here." she said softly, and the baby slowly stopped crying. The star on her forehead gave a light glow before diminishing, and Iris calmed down, as if nothing happened. It was strange, Iris had never woken up spontaneously like this before.

At the exact same time she fell back asleep, the glow of the tree diminished as well, but the branches still emitted a faint glow. They still did not carry any jewels on them, but in the very spot where they once were, they still radiated with color.

This was only the beginning…

*(~)*

1 Corinthians 14:32-33~

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

*(~)*

Comments ( 5 )

That was a good epilogue to a great story. You did an excellent adaptation. I just have one small question though: is one year really enough time for everything to happen? I might be able to believe that the improvements to Camp Everfree could be made that quickly if pushed enough, but for Twilight and Flash to be married and expecting a baby already is pushing it just a little. But still a great job!

Congratulations on a job well done once again

well now. I hope someone picked up the phone because...... I CALLED IT BABY!!!! YEAH!!!:pinkiehappy:

I hope there is a sequel to this story

This was really good. I have to say i have been looking for a FlashxScitwi story and the ones you made.....wow. I felt more invested for those two aswell as Gloriosa in this one. The reveal about Timber, well i wasn’t expecting it and it was really well done taht it also made me feel.

Which there was a side story for Flash and Twilight(eqg versions)

Login or register to comment