• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,388 Views, 107 Comments

Fudge: A Minotaur's Lament - strangephantasm



After landing in Equestria as a big, green minotaur, his only plan was gettting a hug from his favorite pony. As it turned out, he was going to need it. Because being Fudge, is suffering.

Comments ( 11 )

So, "Mercy" want's Fudge to be happy, and poor "The Blessed Death" stood in her way by trying to collect Octavia's soul? That's what Wikipedia said those two represented at least.

3276685
Exactly.
Macaria probably didn't actually come straight from the greek mythos, since her existence is only mentioned by texts dating back to the 11th century, but it's fiction anyway. Who cares.

I think this part of the story could explain some rules regarding the gods who have no Piece, with all that "favorite" thing.

3276954

Greek myths are all about gods mucking about with the lives of their favorite mortals. While this is very similar to the concept of a Chess Piece, it's not quite the same thing.

3276685

The gods often have many names and faces. Macaria is a young goddess, and only recently picked up a 'nickname'.
"Eleos" is... old. Really old.

3277060 My dear, haven't you learned by now? I cannot die. :trollestia:

3278099
Wait, does that mean strangephantasm is a proxy account for you (cuz I thought my comment was about my surprise at the update)?
[but at any rate, YAY :pinkiehappy: it's nice to see you're still around too! I still think it's a shame that you stopped your own chess game story, but I know you wouldn't have done so without a good reason {splish us and splash us for our own logic which mitigates others actions, I want to be more mad at you for stopping it *huffs*}]

3278124 No, StrangePhantasm is not a proxy account. I misread your comment thinking it related to Macaria's appearance.

Ooooh, hello thar Skelly. Always nice to see our esoterically sexy goddess of death pop in.

Also, General Whiteflame? Nice title Fudge. Rem approves.

Well, I'm going through all the canon works in the chess piece series, please update won't you? This is getting good.

Interesting story, yet not quite what I was expecting. I was looking forward to a story about a gladiator, maybe see some good fights, learn how he got away if at all...

But it never came. The story is interesting; it's just not what I came for.

If you ever read this and want to start over, I'd suggest dropping the link to the whole Chess Game thing. Not every story has to be an epic, and not all authors are capable of writing them. Writing long stories can be exhausting, and editing them is worse. And some of these group collaborations may make it worse with trying to stick to canon.

Bugger that. Just go with the simple story of a minotaur slave fighting for his life in the arena. There's plenty of story there without complicating it with gods playing games with mortals. Whether you keep the brony-in-Equestria bit is up to you. It's not necessary, but it does add in that bit of reality check that the show may not reflect the reality of the world. Even if Equestria is a peaceful land of Harmony, other places may not be so gentle, nor as stable. A stark reminder that peace and prosperity are often an anomaly in a world full of dangers.

In any case, I wish you luck in your future endeavors, wherever you may be. God be with you.

Login or register to comment