• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,614 Views, 113 Comments

Brave Frontier Equestria - Titan Commander Sebaste



Two girls dressed as Blade Queen Sefia and Phoenix Thunder Rayla are sent to Equestria, only to find that the four Fallen Gods are real... and they will need all the help they get...

  • ...
6
 113
 1,614

Catching up PT. 2, Wolf time

The next morning found the two girls gathering buckets of apples while Applejack bucked the trees. As Mira dumped her load into a basket, she heard the sound of hooves running towards her and a cry of “CUTIE MARK MONSTER HUNTERS, YAY!” before she was knocked to the ground by a trio of blows. While her armor absorbed most of the impact, she was still winded as she hit the ground.

As her vision cleared, she saw that the ones responsible for tackling her were just three fillies, an orange Pegasus with a violet mane and tail, a yellow earth pony with a red mane and tail and wearing a bow, and a white unicorn with a mane and tail that had a mix of pink and purple. The most notable part was that none of them had cutie marks on their flanks. The three fillies were now looking at said flanks with hopeful expressions. Their expressions fell as they saw that nothing had appeared on their flanks.

“Aw, still no cutie marks…” the Pegasus said.

“Don’cha worry, Ah’m sure we’ll get our cutie marks soon.” the Earth pony said in a familiar accent. The unicorn nodded eagerly.

Mira gave a small cough, making them jump. “Could I please get up? I’d rather not have Applejack come looking for me.” she asked, hiding a smile.

The Earth pony’s eyes widened. “You’re helping mah sister?” she asked. Mira nodded, realizing that this must be Applejack's younger sister.

The three fillies jumped off of Mira, who then stood up and brushed herself off before picking up the bucket she had dropped. She then knelt down in front of them and said, “My name’s Mira.”

“Ah’m Apple Bloom.” The Earth pony said.

“My name's Scootaloo!” the Pegasus said, bouncing into the air, her wings whirring.

“And I’m Sweetie Belle!” the Unicorn squeaked.

“And together we’re…. THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” All three of them said together. “No job too big, no filly too small in our quest to find our cutie marks.”

Mira put a hand to her mouth to stop a fit of giggles from coming out. “It’s nice to meet you three. I heard the name Crusaders mentioned a few times, but I didn't expect it to be a trio of fillies!”

Applebloom shuffled her hooves. “Eeyup, that's us. Our adventures usually end up with us in a mess and no cutie mark.”

The summoner raised the filly’s head so that their eyes met. “As long as you keep trying, you’ll succeed.” she said.

The three grinned and nodded. Making a shooing motion, Mira watched them run off with a small smile before going back to work.


A few hours later…

“Hooee! Ah think we’ve done enough for today.” Applejack said as the three sat on her porch. “Y’all did a good job out there. Take the rest of the day off, Ah can handle the rest.”

“Thanks Applejack. See you later!” Cassie said before the two flew away.

A few minutes later, the two landed in the center of Ponyville. As the two walked around, Mira noticed a strange object floating in the breeze. Jumping into the air, she gently caught it and landed next to Cassie. It was a symbol of some kind, woven from grass. As Mira held it, she heard a voice inside her mind.

“In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evils might,
Beware my power,
Green Lanterns light.”

“Hey Cassie, I think I just grabbed someone's token. Don't know who it is, but I think it's a Green Lantern displaced.” Mira said. Cassie raised an eyebrow.

“They didn't give their name? Weird… well, call them over.” She said.

Mira then called out, “Whoever you are, may we have a word?” Instantly a portal formed and spat out an unknown figure wearing a cloak onto the ground.

“Bloody freaking… I hate that spell now.” The creature said, getting up. He looked like a white werewolf to the two girls, but a diamond dog to any ponies nearby. He had blue eyes, and a patch of black hair on the top of his head.

Nearby, someone shouted “DIAMOND DOG!” and within seconds there was mass panic.

Both girls facepalmed before Cassie grabbed the newcomer and said, “Brace yourself!” as she leapt into the air with him holding on for dear life while Mira followed. A few minutes later, they landed at Whitetail Woods.

“Sorry about that…” Cassie said as the werewolf picked himself up.

After fully dusting himself off, he sighed. “Well. That went better than I could've not hoped. I know a spell that would've let me calm them down, you know.”

“My experience, just let them calm down on their own. At least it wasn't as bad as the bunny stampede…” Cassie groaned in annoyance. “Seriously, ponies scared of rabbits…”

Chuckling, the wolf looked up at the two, and said, “Yeah, that was a pretty funny episode. Anyroad, name's Ashton Grey, but I'm stuck as the Archmage Silphen Dardo from a roleplay with some friends back home. Who're you two stuck as? Zapdos and Erza?”

“I’m Cassandra, or Cassie for short, and this is my sister, Miriam, or Mira. As for what we got displaced as, we’re characters from an RPG game called Brave Frontier. Mira’s Holy Blades Sefia, I’m Pheonix Thunder Rayla.” Cassie said. She raised an eyebrow. “We thought you were going to be a Green Lantern displaced with what we heard from your token.”

His previously simple smile turned into a shit eating grin. “Yeah. That was the point. I wanted to mess with people. And besides, you really think a grass twine token would come from a Lantern of any color?”

Both girls shook their heads. Mira unsheathed her sword and embedded it into the ground, the six intangible blades surrounding it doing the same. “So you're stuck as a werewolf? That must be.. interested to say the least.” she said.

“Pfft, I wish I was a werewolf. No, I'm a Soft Metal Furred Wolf. Specifically, a Soft Silver one. Go ahead and touch my muzzle, it's weird how soft the metal hairs are.” He says, putting his hands behind his back while leaning forward and tilted his head to the side so they could get at his muzzle easier.

Mira hesitantly brushed her hand over the fur, to her surprise it was as soft as actual fur. “Must be like your own personal armor.” she commented.

That got another chuckle, this one of disappointment, out of him. “I wish. Only thing it's good for is a natural Faraday Cage, and spell components. You said you were something with thunder?”

Cassie nodded. “Thunder is my character’s element.” She drew her own sword, the lightning glyphs etched on it crackling with electricity.

“Neato. Hit me with something lightning. Don't worry, between the sigils on the hemming, and the fur, I'll be just fine.” He widened his stance and bent his knees slightly, sure that even with those two precautions he was still going to go flying.

Cassie's eyes glowed before shouting “Thunder Blade: Yellow Silk!” She then slashed forward with her blade, creating an arc of lightning before leaping up and spinning her sword, the electrical energy from her wings blasting up, revealing her normal wings before both she and the lightning blast smashed into Ashton.

As he predicted, the lightning itself didn't hurt him whatsoever, aside from a slight tingle as his fur stood on end, small lightning bolts arcing between each strand. Then he was sent flying into a tree, and groaned from the impact. “Ow…”

Both girls winced before Mira walked over and helped him up. “You okay?” She gave a yelp as she was hit with an electrical discharge from him.

Groaning, he got himself up, and created a mudbath through some weird language that neither girl understood before starting to take his robe off. Only then did he notice them both staring at him. “What?”

“What… were you just chanting?” Cassie asked.

He began climbing into his mana made mudbath as she was talking, the electric arcs fading as he kept submerging. “Ah. Guess that part wasn't clear. Silphen Dardo studied, and mastered, a very wide range of magic in their most primal forms. That one was Mud Magic. The book I left in the tree I leapt out of after running from some timberwolves holds most of what I've managed to decipher. I'm trying to find the one for M127, a sentient scrying spell, that helped Silphen test and get a proper feel for many of the magic branches. Anything you girls wanna know before I get out and put my robe back on so we can go back to town?”

“So you can use magic?” Mira asked, brushing her long white hair back over her shoulders, unaware that a few strands were sticking straight up after her unexpected shock.

Ashton looks down at the mudbath he was currently sitting in, then back up at Mira with a look that said, ‘What gave you that idea?’ “You got some floaters, there.” He said, pointing at the lightly charged hairs.

“Huh?! Arrrgh, I hate having long hair sometimes…” Mira muttered as she pushed her hair back down. “How long have you been displaced?” She then asked.

“About half a month? I think? Hard to tell. Don't really have calendars out there. Oh, by the way, Silphen has studied all the branches of black magic as well. Don't tell the sisters though, since I don't want to be hunted here as well.”

Cassie gave a small chuckle. “Don’t worry, we’re not blabbermouths.” she said.

Ashton sighs in relief, just as he starts to raise upwards, the ground turning back to normal, not leaving a trance of dirt on his person. “Thank the a- and I'm using his swearing system… Lovely…”

Both girls tittered. “C’mon, hopefully they’ve calmed down enough to… Ashton, DUCK!” Mira yelped as she saw a familiar prismatic blur zip towards their position.

Ashton, who had been bending over to retrieve his robe anyways, didn't realize what Mira said until Rainbow Dash had already flown over his back, causing him to straighten up and look around in confusion. “What just happened?”

Both girls gaped in astonishment. “You nearly got tackled by Rainbow Dash.” Cassie said. At that exact moment, a thud was heard as Rainbow smacked into a nearby tree.

“Ow…” She groaned as she stood back up. “Cassie, Mira, get away from that diamond dog!”

“Rainbow, don't-!” Cassie began to say but was suddenly cut off by Ashton.

“Really? You too? *Ξέρεις ότι μπορείς να με εμπιστεύεσαι, Rainbow. Τώρα ηρεμήστε και ακούστε τη λογική.” He said, putting out both his hands in a non threatening manner, though the faint pink glow about them and the sudden calm the brash pegasus felt despite not consciously recognizing what he had said.

“Just who the buck are you?!” She asked, her temper having cooled a bit due to the spell but not enough to dispel her suspicions. “You look like a diamond dog, but you act like Cassie or Mira when they get offended…”

He looked to Cassie and Mira, and then back to the pony before him. “How much have they told you about our… shared unique curse? I am not going any further without knowing how much you know for sure. But first off, I’m a wolf, not a dog, and my fur is made of soft silver, not… whatever the diamond dogs have.”

“Wait, you mean you're one of those 'Displaced’?” Rainbow asked.

Nodding, Ashton let the mana he was channeling into maintaining the soothing effects of the spell, and said, “Yeah. I’m a Displaced. I’m also a Soft Silver Wolf. A species of alien that has metal for fur. And no. It’s not like an actual armor. It stops most lightning based attacks, but not much else. And I can do magic, something I highly doubt any version of those little idiots are smart enough to do.”

Rainbow snickered. “Yeah, probably not.”, Meanwhile, both Cassie and Mira sighed breaths of relief.

“So. With that out the way…” He then turned to the other Displaced. “What season you two get dropped in? I’m pretty sure I’m in season 4.”

“Considering we were turned to stone with Discord when he was reigning, I’d say.. second season.” Mira said.

“Lucky.” He said, before leaning in and whispering to them, “You guys don’t have to deal with flying purple nook horse yet. Please try to keep her out of alicornhood… I personally feel she shouldn’t have been promoted for what she did…”

“I think that's the last thing on her mind right now…” Cassie muttered, looking towards where Sun’s Hollow had been situated in the distance.

Confused, he asked, “What’s over there? And what’s up with your world?”

“It’s… one of the occupational hazards of being a displaced, you end up encountering enemies from your game universe. In our case, we have to bring down not one, but four gods and goddesses that want ponykind destroyed. Before we woke up, a town called Sun’s Hollow was razed, only a few kids and one adult survived.” Mira replied, her voice choking a bit.

Hearing this caused the wolf to twitch as he tilted the hood of his robe further down his face. He then said in a frighteningly calm voice as a small amount of purple mist leaked out from under his hood, “Really? Well… If ever you need a hand PUNISHING those four, let me know. I have a couple spells I wanna test out on them now.”

“Right now, we’re trying to figure out where Maxwell is, and our best bet is in the dragon lands.” Cassie replied.

“Y’all have clues? Good. Now, if you don’t mind, would you care about a hunting season? I wanna go and kill a timberwolf or two.” He said, looking up, showing the mist flowing out of his eyes, despite not having changed color themselves.

“Wait, you can't just go and slaughter Timberwolves, are you insane?!” Rainbow exclaimed.

Looking at Rainbow through his cowl, she could feel the barely hidden rage boiling inside him. “I need to hunt before I go back, or I will burn down the forest around the bandits I’m searching for. And they have my marefriend.”

“You have a girlfriend back on your world?” Mira asked. She sighed. “Alright, you can hunt in the Everfree, but only…” She held up a hand to forestall any argument. “If we come with you to make sure you don't go overboard.”

He looked back to Mira, and nodded. “Good enough.” He then dashed forward, grabbed her and Cassie, and used a long range teleportation to put the three at the edge of the water in Froggy Bottom Bog.

The two girls staggered as the disorienting effects of the teleportation wore off. “Gaaah, this is why I prefer flying than teleporting…” Cassie groaned, holding her head.

He glanced at them both and shrugged. “Froggy Bottom Bog. Where to for the hunt?”

The two froze. “Isn’t this where that Hydra lives?” Mira squeaked.

Smiling, he turned back to the swamp itself, and howled, the sound one of primal fury, unbridled rage, and sorrow. “Let them come.”

A bovine bellow answered his howl as a large Minotaur stomped out, ax sparking with electricity, flanked by a pair of Salamanders. The two crocodile-like beasts hissed in anticipation, flaming drool dripping onto the wet ground. Both girls readied their weapons, the seven blades circling Mira’s main blade beginning to spin faster.

Grinning, Ashton started to be lifted into the air by a miniature tornado. “Not what I wanted, but I’ll take it. Gladius glaciei.” As he spoke the last two words, a sword made entirely of ice formed in his hands.

The Minotaur gave an enraged bellow and charged, while the Salamanders blasted out twin torrents of flame, their bodies giving off extreme heat and scorching the ground around them. Mira stepped forward and blocked the twin blasts, but the heat soon became too much for her and she backed off, sweat dripping from her body and her shield blackened. Meanwhile, the Minotaur swung its ax at Ashton, seeking to cleave his head from his shoulders.

Willing the tornado to lift him out of reach, he pointed the sword at Mira, and said, “**إرادة مجددة ، تبارك هذه الروح وتحميها من ألسنة أعدائنا,” (Rejuvenating will, bless this soul and protect her from the flames of our enemies,) causing her to glow slightly as her body recovered from the near heatstroke she had been feeling mere moments before.

Cassie then closed her eyes and chanted, “Selene of the 6, assist us!” A small summoning circle opened up in front of her before a girl in a blue dress appeared, wielding an ornate sword. Charging over to where the Salamanders were, she quickly dispatched them before they could torch her. Giving a military salute, she then vanished.

Giggling like a madman, he screamed at the minotaur, “***Dall agus deafen, solas soinneáin agus fuaim!” (Blind and deafen, blast light and sound!) Causing a ball of light to appear in front of it, and explode like a flash bang, while it stabbed into the muscly mass of a chest it had, shocked when the blade stopped short.

The Minotaur glanced down at the blade and snorted before yanking it out and sending Ashton flying backwards into the two girls, the three crashing to the ground in a clatter of armor. It snarled in rage and stomped towards the three, it's axe ready to cleave them in half.

Panicking, he locked eyes with the minotaur and said, “破碎和粉碎, 石頭惡魔的眩光!” (Broken and crushed, the glare of the stone devil!) He hoped it would do what it was supposed to, and petrify the beast.

To his shock, the Minotaur raised a hand to block his stare and thus nullified the spell. It began to pick up the pace, snorting eagerly.

“Shit. Smart little fucker… What’s his weakness?” He asked, getting up and resummoning his tornado.

“He’s a thunder unit, he’s weak to earth based attacks.” Cassie coughed, spitting mud out of her mouth. Both she and Mira were now plastered in the stuff.

“Oh good, I have just the blade then. 土製武士刀.” He said, dispelling the tornado and slapping his hand to the ground and pulling it up, an earthen katana coming up with his hand.

The Minotaur closed the last few feet and raised its axe, eyes filled with bloodlust. Cassie and Mira quickly stood up, but the grime on their armor caused them to slip and crash back to the ground. With a victorious bellow, the beast swung its weapon down in a killing stroke.

Swinging his own blade up to meet, and hopefully deflect or block, Ashton met the ax head on.

The blade glanced off the ax, but it was enough to redirect it away from the two girls, instead embedding itself deep into the Earth. The Minotaur growled in annoyance as it tried to pull the axe out of the mud.

A small ding was heard above everyone’s head, as a large orb of dripping shadows had finished forming. “Oh! Finally! *****魂を収穫して体を破壊する. 死の波,” (Harvest the soul and destroy the body. The wave of death,) he said, pointing an open hand at the monster as the orb broke and a wave of darkness flowed over the minotaur, covering it entirely.

The Minotaur gave a pained bellow before it began to disintegrate before the girl’s horrified eyes. Skin, muscle and bone were turned to ash within seconds. Soon, all that was left was a pair of pants and the massive axe. Mira soon fainted, Cassie just barely catching her while fighting the urge herself.

Panting, Ashton looked over at them, and said, “Sorry about that… Strongest one I got… Totally drained…”

Cassie shuddered. “I’m just glad you're on my side.” she said.

“Yeah… Same here…” And with that, he collapsed onto his back, staring at the sky. “Your world… Is fucking weird…”

“Welcome to the multiverse.” Cassie said, laughing. She then looked down at herself with a disgusted look on her face. “It’s gonna take hours to wash this off… price we pay for fighting in swamps.”

“Gimme 30… I can… magic that off…”

Cassie shook her head. “We were in need of a shower anyways, after helping at Sweet Apple Acres.” She shook Mira, who soon began to stir. She extended her hand to Ashton. “It was… honestly refreshing fighting alongside you. If we ever need your assistance, or if you need ours, we’ll call you or you call us.”

Looking up at her, he asked, “And… how exactly... can I do that…?”

Cassie brought up a single floating blue crystal. “This is our token, a Battle Crystal.”

Nodding he took the crystal, and heard their voices in his head.

“If you ever need to call us, just absorb the crystal. It’ll boost your powers in the process.”

Groaning, he sat up. “Couldn’t you have made the message shorter?”

The red haired summoner smirked as she helped him up. “Believe me, there are other displaced with longer summoning messages.” she said.

He looked at Cassie and laughed. “Yeah, fair point. I guess yours could be a little more confusing and long winded.”

“Is there anything you want to ask regarding the Displaced?” Cassie asked.

“Nah. Just lemme recharge my mana pool a little before you send me back. Apparently I use a spell when I travel.”

She nodded before Mira spoke up. “W... what was that spell you used? It… it reminded me of a Dark type attack.” she asked, her voice shaking a bit.

“Death and Shadow go hand in hand, but amplify the mana cost insanely.” Ashton replied, looking at Mira. “The Shadow magic is why it also has a charge up time.”

Both girls nodded in understanding. Walking back to where they had fought, Mira retrieved her now muddy sword and shook her head. “Twi’s probably gonna have a fit when she sees us like this.” Shaking her sword, she managed to dislodge most of the mud. Cassie muttered agreement, looking at her wings.

Following them along, he chuckled for the umpteenth time that day. “Really? Twilight’s gonna flip? Obviously you two haven’t met Rarity.”

Both girls laughed. “We have, and she's the one that's made us spare clothes.” Mira said.

“Then you’d know that she’s the one you gotta worry about. Remember that episode where Sweetie Belle tried to help?”

Both of the girls gave him embarrassed looks. “We’ve only watched at least one or two episodes, most of the time we were playing Brave Frontier on our tablets.” Cassie admitted.

“Pfft. Weaklings.” He then did a 360 sweep of the sky, to try and see if Rainbow Dash had tried to find them. “You told the others that they’re just a tv show where we come from yet?”

Both of them shook their heads. “No, we haven't.” Cassie said.

“Good. I get the feeling they won’t like that little detail too much. I can feel that I got enough mana now. You wanna send me back, or you want me to meet the others first?”

“I’m pretty sure Rainbow's told Twi and the others about you already. And besides, you have someone back in your world that probably needs you more than ever.” Mira said.

“Yyyeeaahh… Noticed something just before I lept through the portal… The leaves were slowing down the closer I got to it, and I think just before I went through, time stopped entirely. So as far as I can tell…”

Cassie frowned. “Weird… But anyways, we honestly need to get ourselves cleaned up. We have your token in case we need your assistance. Ashton, our contract is complete.” She said. As soon as she said those words, a portal opened behind the werewolf mage.

Looking back at it, he said, “******Deslocamento Arcano.” (Arcane Shift.) Which caused him to float up, and directly into the portal, no tilting or anything.

As the portal closed, the two girls flew back to Ponyville, both to clean up and discuss what had happened during the last few hours. Tomorrow, their journey would begin.

Author's Note:

Holy shit, this took awhile! As you might have guessed, I did do a crossover in their world, and with a fairly new displaced character by the ever impressive Blackdust!
If you want to know more about Ashton, check out the guy's story Trespasser's Journey and give Blackdust some love and support! Trust me, you'll have a howling good time! :raritywink:

Comments ( 9 )

*You know you can trust me, Rainbow. Now calm down and listen to the logic
**Rejuvenating will, bless this soul and protect her from the flames of our enemies
***Blind and deafen, blast light and sound!
****Broken and crushed, the glare of the stone devil!
The one with the earthen katana is already translated in the description.
*****Harvest the soul and destroy the body. The wave of death
*****Arcane Shift

Should've said what all the translations were at first... :twilightblush:

The two sound like a fun bunch. XD

Nicely done, as always.

“Lucky.” He said, before leaning in and whispering to them, “You guys don’t have to deal with flying purple nook horse yet. Please try to keep her out of alicornhood… I personally feel she shouldn’t have been promoted for what she did…”

Blast... I missed a typo.

Giggling like a madman, he screamed at the minotaur, “***Dall agus deafen, solas soinneáin agus fuaim!” (Blind and deafen, blast light and sound!) Causing a ball of light to appear in front of it, and explode like a flash bang, while it stabbed into the muscly mass of a chest it had, shocked when the blade stopped short.

And another typo...

Cassie frowned. “Weird… But anyways, we honestly need to get ourselves cleaned up. We have your token in case we need your assistance. Ashton, our contract is complete.” She said. As soon as she said those words, a portal opened behind the werewolf mage.

Pretty sure I said that he wasn't a werewolf too.

8887225
It was honestly the best way to describe him, lol

8887336
Wolf mage works just as well...

Login or register to comment