• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,621 Views, 113 Comments

Brave Frontier Equestria - Titan Commander Sebaste



Two girls dressed as Blade Queen Sefia and Phoenix Thunder Rayla are sent to Equestria, only to find that the four Fallen Gods are real... and they will need all the help they get...

  • ...
6
 113
 1,621

Chapter 5: Vanishing act

It had been days since Kafka had appeared in Ponyville and caused an unknown sickness to rip through the village. While no one had died from the plague mist, it left the town in shambles as ponies recovered from whatever had been in the mist. Both Mira and Cassie had been left bedridden for weeks after the encounter and were slowly recovering.

Twilight and Tillith helped the best they could, but only time would take care of the rest….


Golden Oaks Library, 1551 CLR

Mira sighed as she laid in bed. The plague mist had left both her and Cassie severely weakened, and while they were recovering, they still suffered from bouts of shivering.

She could hear Cassie in the next room coughing. While they both had been exposed to the mist longer than the ponies, Cassie had suffered the worst of it when she had been in the coils of the snake as the mist had been super concentrated as it poured out of the beast.

Slowly, she got up and after wobbling for a few seconds, put on a T-shirt and shorts. Her armor had been hung on a mannquin that had somehow appeared in her room.

As she opened the door, she saw Twilight standing there, her hoof raised as she was about to knock.

“Mira! I-I was about to check on you!” Twilight stammered in embarrassment. Mira gave the unicorn a small smile.

“I’m fine, just a bit weak legged.” She said before her legs gave out. She then fell to the floor with a thud. Twilight quickly helped the summoner up, allowing Mira to lean on her as the two walked, or in Mira’s case hobbled, to the kitchen. Spike was already working on eggs on the stove, as the two entered, he looked over to them.

“Morning guys! Breakfast’s gonna be in a bit.” He said before he then asked, “How’re you feeling Mira?”


“Better. Still a bit weak in the legs.” She replied as she sat down. “I'm more worried about Cassie. She got the worst of it from being in contact with that snake….”

Twilight shuddered. “I don't know who that was, but to be able to make everypony sick like that… if she attacked a place like Manehatten, she could lay low the entire city….”

“Her name is Kafka, a former comrade of ours before she was corrupted by Maxwell.” Karl said as he and Seria entered the room. “She was one of our best summoners during the War. But after she disappeared during one of her missions to try and find Maxwell, we thought she had been slain… but it seems we were wrong.”

“She was always a headstrong girl, but she was always willing to help those in need.” Seria spoke up, but her voice was subdued.

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “Sounds like she was special to the both of you.” She said.

“She was my best friend… and I would go to the dephs of Ishigra to get her back.” Seria growled.

Mira was surprised by the comment. Guess she's not as bad tempered as she makes herself out to be… she thought. The sound of footsteps caused her to turn as Cassie came in, leaning on the wall for support.

“Morning….” She rasped.

“Cassie!” Mira hobbled over to her sister and helped her to a chair. “You should be resting, you're not fully recovered!”


Cassie brushed her off. “I'm fine, it's just a hangover from whatever was in the mist.” She said before coughing, her body shuddering as she covered her mouth.

There was a knock on the door. “Twi? It's Midnight.” The Kirin’s voice called out. “I need your help, Squeak’s isn't feeling too good. Something about some kind of mist making her feel queasy.”

Twilight quickly ran to the door and opened it. “I’ll bring Tillith. We just had the same thing happen a few days ago.”

Midnight raised an eyebrow. “What happened?” she asked. As Twilight explained, Mira looked over at Cassie.

“You okay?” She asked.

Cassie sighed. “Yeah, Kafka managed to catch me by surprise. Those vapors from the snake…. It was like I had gotten the worst kind of flu, and it just wouldn't go away.” She then shuddered at the memory. “I never want to go through that again…” Feeling her sister's hand on her shoulder, she leaned her head on it while putting her own hand on Mira's hand.

“We’ll stop her and Maxwell. We may not be strong enough to fight them yet, but we'll show them that we won't give up.”

As Cassie opened her mouth to answer, both girls felt a sudden tug in their guts before a portal opened below them. Spike, Karl and Seria stumbled back in shock as the two tumbled into the vortex before it closed with a hiss. Twilight and Midnight, hearing the shocked cries, came running in just as the portal closed.

“What happened?!” Twilight asked. Spike looked over at her, his eyes wide.

“I… I don't know…. It happened so fast…” he said.

“Some kind of portal just opened up beneath them. We didn't even get a chance to stop them from falling in.” Karl said.

Midnight blinked. “Portals? You sure you didn't hit your head on the doorway?” She asked skeptically.

Twilight rolled her eyes as she looked at the spot that Cassie and Mira, along with a chair had occupied. Where did they go? She thought worriedly. Lady Faust…. Please bring them back safety...


Later that day...

Twilight paced as her friends and Spike looked on in worry. “Darling, I’m sure they'll be alright.” Rarity said.

It had been hours since Cassie and Mira had suddenly vanished. After helping Tilith with curing Squeaky Wings, Twilight had sent word to the others about what had happened. Now all six of them were gathered in the library.

“But what if they get hurt or killed? Then no one can stop this 'Maxwell’...” Twilight retorted.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Twi, they're not helpless. Besides, they fought Discord! That shows that they're totally able to kick butt!”

“Yeah! Besides, they're in safe hands with Company Master watching over them!” Pinkie said. The five mares gave her confused looks. Pinkie shrugged. “Not my fault you haven't been following the story…” she said.

Sighing and chalking it up to another ‘Pinkie being Pinkie’ moment, Twilight then sat down. “I'm just really worried about them. They’re still recovering from when Kafka appeared, and I don't know what will happen to them wherever they are…”

Applejack put a hoof on Twilight's shoulder. “Don't worry about it, Sugarcube. I'm sure they'll come back safe and sound.” Twilight gave the country mare a grateful look.

“M-me too.” Fluttershy said. She then gave an eep as a vortex opened up and Cassie and Mira exited it.

“Hey guys…” Cassie said before a huge yawn overtook her. Seeing the shocked looks of the six, she then asked, “What?” Instead of an answer, both she and Mira were tackled in a group hug, Twilight's eyes shining with tears of relief.

“Thank Faust you're safe.” She said, tighly holding the two.

She felt the two girl’s arms wrap around her and the others. “Sorry for making you girls worry.” Cassie said quietly.

“So what happened?” Rainbow asked, her eyes curious.

“It's a long story…” Mira said. Twilight then realized something.

“Wait, how's your armor on? I don't remember you two putting it on…” she asked.

“I… I don't know. My clothes got replaced by it when we went through that portal….” Mira said, rubbing the back of her head.

Deciding to question it later, Twilight then said, “I’m just glad you two are safe.”

“Yeah, same here.” Cassie said. As she turned to Mira, she saw that her sister had fallen asleep where she stood. “We’ll tell you what happened tomorrow, right now, I just want to sleep.”

The six mares nodded. “Okie dokie!” Pinkie said.

Shaking Mira's shoulder, Cassie lead her sister to her room before she entered her own room and got into bed.

Back in the living room, Rainbow looked over at Twilight. “What do you think happened?”

The lavender unicorn shrugged. “Guess we'll find out tomorrow….”

After the six had chatted a bit more, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow and Pinkie soon left for their homes. As soon as they left, Twilight picked up the book she was reading and looked at the title. “I really hope these two can stop Maxwell… because I have a feeling Kafka was only the beginning….”

Author's Note:

God, this took awhile to do....

So I'm gonna take a leaf out of Shimigarada's page and put a link of the Crossovers I do with this story when they get called.

Next chapter is when things will start getting serious...

Crossover linked: Changeling Queen of Earth by Mentalshock