• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,610 Views, 113 Comments

Brave Frontier Equestria - Titan Commander Sebaste



Two girls dressed as Blade Queen Sefia and Phoenix Thunder Rayla are sent to Equestria, only to find that the four Fallen Gods are real... and they will need all the help they get...

  • ...
6
 113
 1,610

Interlude: Down with the Sickness

Ponyville, 1531 CLR

Mira dodged a lightning blast from a Harpy before dispatching it with her blades. Panting, she looked over to where Cassie was. Her sister had been fighting two Minotaurs, and was now bringing the second one down. The attack had come without warning, but luckily, most of the ponies had been inside their houses. As it were, there were a few injuries that sent ponies to the hospital, including three broken ribs and a shattered leg.

"That's the last of them." Cassie said before she heard a slithering sound, followed by footsteps. The two turned to see an lightly armored human female with wild pale blue hair with purple highlights at the ends and wielding a massive two handed axe that had runes of darkness etched on it, while a pair of metal horns stood above her ears. Her most striking feature were her eyes, black pools with red irises that seemed to glow with madness.

At her side was a massive skeletal serpent that glowed with necromantic power. Tattered skin hung from its frame, while the mouth had razor sharp teeth. Billowing vapors blew out from the ribcage and mouth, covering the ground in a sickly haze.


As the two passed those watching, the ponies suddenly collapsed, shivering and coughing. Not even Twilight was safe, as she shivered feverishly from whatever was affecting her. The cause was soon known as the vapors from the serpent spread all around the town, causing ponies to collapse in a feverish stupor. Soon, everywhere was covered in a disease filled mist.
“So…. You’re the two that wiped out our forces at Sun’s Hollow…” the stranger said in a sibilant hiss as she walked forward towards Cassie and Mira . “Maxwell didn't like that at all…”

“Who are you?” Mira asked, her voice muffled from having arm over her mouth and nose to block out the vapors emanating from the serpent, Cassie doing the same.

“Kafka, the Sinister Basilisk… and the one who shall show you that you do not know who you're messing with…” Kafka whispered, before pointing her hand at the two. The serpent charged forward, mouth open.

Jumping to avoid the attack, Mira was blasted by a cloud of vapors as the snake flew past. Coughing, Mira staggered back, her body suddenly feeling clammy. Shivering, she managed to land three blows on the snake before it sent her flying into a nearby stall with a lash of its tail. She landed with a *Crack* of wood breaking, and laid there, unconscious and shivering as the plague mist ravaged her immune system.

Cassie, meanwhile, had managed to avoid the cloud of vapors by leaping into the air, her wings flapping. “Mira!” she yelled as she saw her sister sent flying. Holding her arm over her mouth and nose, she flew down and delivered a powerful blow to the snake, the shock causing it to screech in pain. As Cassie flew in for another attack, a flash of metal caused her to veer off as Kafka swung her axe, missing her by a minute. The madwoman growled in frustration

“You will suffer!” Kafka snarled as she raised her hand. At once, the mist began to rise, until it completely obscured everything. She then began to laugh, her voice now cold as ice. “You’ll need to uncover your mouth eventually… why not give in?” she asked, stalking through the plague ladened mist.

Cassie didn't answer, not wanting to risk suffering with whatever her sister and the ponies had been infected with from the vapors. As she blundered about, she didn't notice the serpentine shape behind her until she felt herself being yanked backwards, causing her to gasp and cough. She looked up to see the serpent staring down at her, Kafka next to it on its coils. Kefka gave a small smirk

“You think it’d be that easy to stop Maxwell and the Fallen Gods?” The madwoman asked “You and your equine friends will learn that you all are nothing but insects to be squashed by them.”

Cassie, her head in a feverish haze, barely listened. She didn't even notice herself being dropped to the ground, only to curl up and shiver as she was weakened by the plague the vapors from the snake caused. Her skin was clammy to the touch, and her eyes were dull.

“The next time we meet… I won't be as merciful…” Kafka said before she and the serpent vanished into the mist. The only sign that they had been there was the mist swirling where they had walked through it.

Cassie struggled to get up, but with each movement, she became weaker. Whatever was in the mist that was making her sick was also draining her energy. She soon collapsed, her breathing raspy. She was unconscious by the time Seria and Karl found her and Mira, who then brought them back to the Golden Oaks Library.

The plague mist lasted for three weeks, seeping into the homes of those who had been hiding and causing them to collapse in a fever that lasted for days.

Tillith did the best she could with those who had been affected, but the plague mist soon took its toll on her too. Not even she was immune to whatever sickness was in the mist.

Both Mira and Cassie were bedridden for weeks afterwards, having been exposed longer than the others.

All the while, the person responsible watched with a cruel smile before disappearing into the Everfree. We’ll meet again… and nothing will save you from your painful demise...

Unknown location, the Dragon Lands

The halls echoed with the sound of footsteps, causing her to grit her teeth.

Whoever's approaching had better have a good reason to disturb my meditation… Maxwell thought as she opened her black/gold eyes in annoyance. She hovered a few feet from the ground on her throne, a ball of light underneath it and circled by four other orbs, each representing a different Element. Seeing Kafka, she said, “Report, Kafka…”

“Your Holiness…” Kafka said as she knelt down. “Those fools who wiped out the forces of the town you destroyed have been taught a lesson. They’ll think twice before they defy you again.” She gave a small laugh. “They were lucky I went easy on them…”


“Good…. Soon this world shall know that it is under our rule… and no one can stop us….” Maxwell said before she dismissed Kafka and went back to meditating. Not even the Summoners…. She thought with a grim smile.

Author's Note:

If you guys don't get the song reference, what have you been doing?!

But anyways, we have a minor villain that will be showing up a few more times in the story, but what happens after she gets defeated... Let's just say that'll be spoilers...

Edit: For those who want to friend me on Brave Frontier, here's my ID number: 8941335207