• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 2,149 Views, 16 Comments

Love is in every corner, even a cornerstone - Featherclaw



What if Fluttershy talked to Discord before she got discorded?

  • ...
0
 16
 2,149

The Big Revelation...

Looking up from the previous stone that Twilight was staring at, she took in Discord's statue in all of it's inharmonic glory. She widened her eyes and slightly opened her mouth in slight shock, amazement, and wonder. She looked back to what her friend's expressions were, and they were similar, except for Rainbow Dash, who was grinning grimly. Twilight looked back to the statue, and studied all of the deformities that Discord had. The mis-matched feet of course, but also the mis-matched wings, arms, antlers, and tail. Discord truly lived up to his name, and was clearly unorganized. If Twilight could, she would re-arrange Discord so he would at least look remotely similar in species, but that would mean the use of dark magic, the kind that is prohibited, or banned.

"No kidding when you said he was chaotic." Rarity was the first to speak, after the silence.

"Yep. Ya took those words out-a my mouth." Applejack was bewildered, at the sight of Discord. Pinkie Pie was still uneasy, and looked to her friends' expressions, judging whether or not to speak or not.

"He's so unorganized!" Pinkie finally spoke, having chosen her words carefully, so it would still be liable, and still have the same perkiness that covers it.

"Heh, you're reminding me of Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash mumbled while looking over to Pinkie Pie. She was still suspicious of Pinkie's actions, them being full of nerves, and not the random, joyful nerves. The ones of actual nervousness, the ones that Twilight would have when something doesn't go according to plan, the kind that Rarity would get when an order for dresses was due at an unreasonable due date, the kind of nerves that plagues Applejack, when she once got caught lying.
These nerves aren't ones that would regularly taint Pinkie Pie, not even the ones where she's being over dramatic over something, like she usually is. This one is deeper.

"So... what are we doing next dearie?" Rarity's polite comment broke Rainbow Dash of her thoughts.

"Good question Rarity." Twilight acknowledged. "We are here to recognize this deceased villain!" Twilight stomped one of her hooves into the ground for an extra declaration in her sentence.

"They got the illustration really accurate..." Rarity mumbled to herself. "Say, Twilight. Didn't the book mention something about the elements of harmony?" Rarity was known for her observant eye, being in use for her dress-making and choice in fabrics. This was one instance in which she would take note of something relative to the situation at hand, and something she could do to help.

"Yeah, now that you mention it..." Rainbow Dash chimed in, rubbing her chin with one of her hooves. "Didn't it say something like it being turned to stone because of the Princesses using our elements?" She was questioning once again to when Fluttershy had her chisel. If this stony monster could be changed back to his usual self with the Elements of Harmony, then if Fluttershy was chiseling away the stone on Discord, then-

"Yes. The book sure did mention something about the Princesses' magic saving Equestria..." Twilight trailed off, looking up once again to Discord. She squinted her eyes, looking up at his open jaw, as though he were exclaiming his reason for being evil. Twilight pondered the statue very intently, wondering how Fluttershy was drawn to this statue, as well as why. She was so entranced by studying the stony draconequus, that she didn't notice Rainbow Dash's alarmed face, exponentially growing more and more surprised. It wasn't until Applejack said something about her, that Twilight was drawn away from the statue.

"Twilight! Rainbow may have jus' figured out why Flutters is so..." Applejack couldn't form her thoughts into words, and Rainbow Dash beat her to it.

"IthinkFluttershyischiselingDiscordbecauseshecan'tusetheelementsofharmonytobreakhimfree!" The words came tumbling out of Rainbow Dash's mouth, much faster than she could stop them. The words sunk into four of her friends, which then in a synchronized movement, they all realized the grave danger they were in if Fluttershy wasn't stopped, all but one pony, who realized that everyone pieced together the puzzle pieces. Fluttershy's relationship with an inanimate object was just about to go haywire, and she had to stop them before it was too late.

"Guys, that's not-"

"Pinkie! You knew this whole time?!" Rainbow pointed an accusing hoof onto her pink friend, her face contorted into a scowl.

"Well, I-"

"Humph! Of course she did! Why would she side with a villain?!" Rarity raised her nose up, feeling more righteous than her pink, friend who betrayed them all.

"Guys! I can explain!" Pinkie was once again cut off by another remark, each one piercing her heart, oozing out guilt and sorrow.

"She's-a lookin' mighty guilty. Surely she knew what she was-a doin' was wrong!" Applejack tried to side with her, but got drowned by all the harmful words that her friends were spitting out about Discord, Fluttershy, and now Pinkie Pie.

"Guys, Pinkie didn't mean to-" Twilight tried to reason logically, but she was, like Applejack, drowned by Rainbow Dash and Rarity's assured statements. The two were bickering to AJ and now Twilight about siding with a beast! Applejack didn't like the situation she was bound in, but she had to choose, and between a chaos-causing villain and her friends, she chose the most sensible decision. To go with her friends and do what was right.

"Pinkie, I'm-a sorry, but villains are bad." Applejack declared, who looked back at her distraught friend for one last time, and didn't look back.

"C'mon Twi! You don't want to be the bad guy, do you?!" Rainbow demanded, glaring at Twilight, as well as turning her burning gaze to Pinkie, and Discord's frozen body.

"N-No! Not at all!" Twilight in the end, sided with the majority, and out of peer pressure. Pinkie was left with all the angry stares and shaking heads: ashamed for her mistake. She couldn't believe her friends! How could they, so suddenly and brashly, make an assured declaration that lined everyone in Equestria against her and Fluttershy befriending Discord?!

She was left with no words, as she silently watched her friends leave the gardens with confusion in her eyes.



"Is it over?" A familiar voice sounded, bringing Pinkie Pie out of her somber thoughts.

"Yeah... It's over..." She spoke with sourness, something that never happens to the sweetest of ponies like Pinkie Pie.

"Good... But, Pinkie, I'm truly sorry about-"

"I know!" She smiled to herself, after her high pitched outburst. "I know. I don't know what I'm going to do now without my friends... No Rainbow Dash... Rarity... Twilight... Applejack..." She trailed off, leaning her head against the stone cornerstone, feeling her eyes start to mist up.

"What about Fluttershy?" Discord innocently questioned, which stopped the tears in Pinkie's eyes from flowing.

"Fluttershy?" She repeated, hearing her name in her voice, her throat and on her tongue. The name felt so warming, yet hurtful... Sweet yet bitter. Fluttershy, the pony who accidentally picked flowers on a special day in which sparked a connection, in which that grew into a beautiful flower... Which grew into a burden...

"Yes, Fluttershy... Is she going to be alright?" He had no idea what he got her into... What he got Pinkie into... Pinkie got up from her spot, feeling her hair sag with empathy. She shook her head, as she tried to smile, looking at Discord with a hint of happiness that was no where to be found...

"I don't know Discord..." She felt the tears form in her eyes, collecting at the corners, before dropping down her cheeks, one by one, until it cascaded into a flow of uncontrollable, silent tears. "I just don't know..."

The pink pony walked away slowly, each step making her head sink lower and lower to the ground. Her hair was sagging with little to no enthusiasm, the usual bounce in the fluffy hair, now gone, and turning into a flat, and smooth cloth covering one side of her face, reminding herself of Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy..." She whispered, before running away, and onto the far side of Ponyville, and to the very house in which held the root of this whole problem. "Fluttershy, I'm coming..." She uttered her words with worry and even more empathy, feeling her gaze harden at anger at her friends.

It wasn't her fault...




was it?

Comments ( 1 )

Will this be continueing? if so do you know when you will post the next chapter?

Login or register to comment