• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 2,149 Views, 16 Comments

Love is in every corner, even a cornerstone - Featherclaw



What if Fluttershy talked to Discord before she got discorded?

  • ...
0
 16
 2,149

Fate is Destined

All was peaceful in Ponyville, Even in the Everfree, there is nothing daring to come out of that dark and dreaded forest. The reason for that is, ironically, the lord of chaos, Discord for that matter. Ever since he became allies with Equestria, he helped in all the battles the mane 6 have done, and still does today. Now, all of this may surprise you, It took me a while too, but were getting off topic aren't we? Any way, the reason Discord are doing these good deeds is because of the soft and timid fluttershy. From the first crack in his stone prison, to when he was free before, he never liked Equestria, in any way, so when he took over all these years ago, he changed anything and everything he wanted too. After all, he was the lord of chaos, so no one stopped him... or so he thought. He got stopped from the elements of harmony and got turned to stone, but when he had gotten his first stone crack in his prison, he got a new feeling in his chest, and that feeling, was love.

"Hmm..... how long has it been in this stone prison? UGH. SO. BORED."

*CRACK!*

The amplified crack struck Discord out of his thoughts. Then he heard that a thump sound came along with it.

"Hmm... that wasn't a crack. Meh, probably my CRAZY imagination.." he waited in thought trying to tap the cement-like stone on his statue claw.

"What was that thumping sound? I mean, I got it with this weird feeling in my chest, where my heart is...Wait. The, the prophecy?" Discord lost his train of thought as he saw big, white, bold, letters in his flat, black, boring, matter-less limbo state. Those words said this:

"*clears throat* 'The prophecy of the being in limbo', heh, could have just said Discord. Oh, there's more. 'will show your true fate'. Oh, so now it is 'True Fate'. BLEGH. Is this another one of Tia's messages? 'cause it is ANNOYING! Well, ever since the cra- wait. My true fate, is, is not, to, to, MARRY? NOW IF TIA OR HER SISTER ARE DOING THIS THEN THEY ARE GOING TO PAY!!!!!" Discord shouted in his thoughts, almost making it audible from the outside.

"Woops! Too loud. Tia or Lulu could have heard me, but anyway...." Discord trailed off as he once again looked up at the white letters.
"I wonder if I could change it, well, it's better than not trying!"

So Discord tried to use his powers on the letters, but those white letters stayed white.

"Meh, it was worth a, shot......." Discord mumbled as he went into a dream-less deep sleep.


"Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm!!" Fluttershy hummed.
"Is part of our holiday cheer! Hmm hm-"

"Hey Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash shouted from a nearby cloud, scaring Fluttershy.

"Eep!! Oh it's, it's just you. I was, was just getting some flowers and, and looking at all the pretty statues." Fluttershy said, very shy for being startled.

"Oh really? Well. What about THAT one?!" Rainbow said while pointing her hoof towards the lion pawed, cloven hoofed, snaked tailed, and deer antlered, narwhaled horned, sort-of-creature statue. Fluttershy squeaked at the sight of it.

"Oh my. I think its...Umm... I think, it's.... it's...... u, unique."

Rainbow made a weird face at Fluttershy, confusing her for a moment until Rainbow burst into laughter.

"YOU think that this ugly statue here, is, UNIQUE?!" Rainbow laughed.
Fluttershy, however, felt sorry-in-a-way for the statue. She has heard of tales when she was a filly that there was a creature very ugly that got turned to stone. At first sight, she didn't think that that creature could be that one, but she didn't think that this statue was ugly either. So she wanted to prove her friend wrong!

"Well, I certainly think, that, well, that this statue is, well, c...." Fluttershy trailed off.

"Cuh? CUH? Do you think thst this statue is, Cuh,ool? Or even, Cuh,ute? Wow Fluttershy. I cant believe 'I'm saying this Fluttershy, but. You. Are. Weird." Rainbow zoomed off, probably thinking about pranking someone else.

"*sigh* Did you, did you, used to be a, creature? Hmm... I'm just talking to my self aren't I Fluttershy? Well, if you are real, then, I hope you get out, safely, I guess?So this a bye, so, bye..." Fluttershy said, walking away to go back home to put away her flowers, but what she didn't know was that there was a magenta aura around the statues abdomen, and it had heard the entire conversation, and so, it answered back.

"What was that word you were going to call me?" This came out as a faint whisper, but Fluttershy could actually hear it, maybe due to the fact that she does that a lot. So she turned around and put her ear next to the statues stomach, hoping to hear that sound once again.

"Could you, you repeat that, statue?" Fluttershy whispered.

"Oh, What was the word you were going to call me?" the 'statue' whispered back.

"Oh. Umm....Ch... Cha... Chaotic?"Fluttershy stammered.

The 'statue' laughed, which once again, confused Fluttershy.

"Ohh, That is so funny! Due to the fact that I am, very chaotic!"

"Oh, I,I didn't know."

"Oh its fine, really! but I must ask, whats your name?"

"Fl..fluttershy..."

"What was that?"

Fl.. Fluttershy..."

"Oh what a name! It suits you well! Shy, and I bet you can fly too! Wait. Are you a, pony?"

"Yes."

"Hmm... that makes sense."

"But, may I ask, whats, whats your name?"

This question left Discord answerless.

"Umm... Statue? Hello?"

"Oh gosh, I just blanked out, well maybe it is because I haven't talked to any 'pony' in oh I don't know... maybe, hundreds of years."

"*gasp!* Oh my! no one to talk too in hundreds of... how old are you?"

"I think I should answer the first question. I am called Discord. and the second question, well quite frankly, I don't know!"

"Oh, so it is not just voices in my head..."

"what was that?"

"I mean, you were, once living?"

"Yep! but got banished by the Princesses..."

"*gasp!*Why? What did you do?!"

"Oh I just rained chaos all over Equestria."

"So. You can do magic?"

"Yes. Yes I can."

"But who were the princesses?"

"Oh, Princess Tia and Princess Lulu... Oh. I gave them nicknames."

"Hmm... do you remember their real names?"

"I think one of them was Lune or something..."

"Princess Luna?"

"Yes! That was it."

"And Princess Celestia and Princess Cadence?!"

"Yes and, who?"

"Princess Cadence?"

"Yeah. I was only defeated by 2 princesses..."

"Oh."

"Umm.. Fluttershy. Could you do me a favor?"

"what about?"

"Oh I Don't know... maybe chisel a crack in this statue every day."

"What?! But you're EVIL!"

"Hey! Could you do this, please? I'll give you anything you want!"

"Anything I want? Hmm..."

"What is it Fluttershy?"

"I, I want more than a friend."

"Come again?"

"I want a colt-friend."

No response.

"I said, I want a colt-friend."

"O-kay, I guess... I could make that happen."

"Promise?"

'Promise."

"I cross my heart, and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

"What?"

"Oh, it's the Pinkie Promise. And don't even think about breaking it."

"Okay! Shesh.."

So, Fluttershy went home and very happy about what she was going to do.