• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 2,150 Views, 16 Comments

Love is in every corner, even a cornerstone - Featherclaw



What if Fluttershy talked to Discord before she got discorded?

  • ...
0
 16
 2,150

Messaging

It was close to sunset, when Fluttershy finished her shift. She could tell by the magnificent waves of warm colors, but with some violet colored sky well away from the setting sun. She sighed in satisfaction as she completed her first day on the job. She trotted on down to the tool shed for worker ponies while singing her lullaby song, hush now quiet now.

"Hush now, quiet now," Fluttershy sang in her soft voice as the sun's rays shimmered it's last burst of the day.

"It's time to lay your sleepy head, hush now quiet now, it's time to go to be-e-ed!" She sang as she neared the shed.

"Drifting off to sleep, the exciting day's behind you," Fluttershy sang as she put away her supplies.

"Drifting off to sleep, let the joy of dreamland find you." She sings as she closes the door behind her.

"Hush now quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head. hush now quiet now," Fluttershy was then harmonized with a scratchy voice.

"It's time to go to bed!"

Fluttershy jumped at the voice. She immediately turned around and flew up a couple of feet to see one of the Canterlot workers, which was a donkey.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know you were there, and I got startled, and, and I don't know you..." Fluttershy whispered.

"Oh do you think I was going to do that on purpose?! Of course I wouldn't scare a pretty thing like you! Say, what do you think about going on out with us other workers to the donut shop?" The donkey invited.

"Oh. Umm.." Fluttershy then looked down out of habit in thought. Didn't Discord say to not follow them, but instead, follow my heart, as Celestia said? Oh, who should I follow? Both? I guess that is poss- She was cut off from her thinking as another pony said:

"Oh wasn't she the one who sat by that statue?! That creep?!" The pony shouted as he pointed towards Discord's statue.

"Oh did you now, buttercup? Would you rather stay with that weirdo, or come with us, to chat and eat some chow?" The donkey demanded from Fluttershy, who was really conflicted.
"Umm... I, I hardly know you as it is, you as complete strangers to me, meanwhile, I should go home to feed my animals, and my pet Angel Bunny, before it is too late." Fluttershy rubbed her hoof as she hid behind her mane.

"Oh you can do that later, besides, there is a myth that if you cross mis-matched's path at night, then you will get 'cuckoo!' You wouldn't want that, do you?" The donkey then questioned as he twirled his brown and bony hoof like a bird would do.

"Oh, how do you know that is true or not? And what is so special about this social, when it would take the same path?" Fluttershy questioned the donkey.

"Oh, well there was this gray mare, who crossed it's path, and became known as the dumbest mare, and the ponyville clutz! Also known as Derpy for her weird eyes." The donkey explained, which was plainly an insult.

"*gasp* how could you say that?! See?" Fluttershy then flew over to Discord's spot and moved across it, and back and forth.
"Nothing different! No spell, disease or curse even affected me!" Fluttershy then flew off to her cottage but was stopped by the donkey.

"Come on! After a goods days work, you should get something for stress!" The donkey nudged Fluttershy on.

"Umm, no, I, I don't like this..." Fluttershy tried to fly away but appeared to be trapped by the donkey's hooves.

"Oh you're coming with us, my pretty."

"No, NO!" Fluttershy screamed at them and especially the donkey. She flew away but was again guarded by the donkey's friends.

"Now come on, buttercup, we have a lot of things to do tonight..."

"HELP!!!!" Fluttershy tried to scream but was cut off as a hoof went over her mouth. She tried to kick and scream, but was all stopped by the group. She silently prayed that she could escape, but didn't think that it would go reach something, but it did reach something.


"Help! I'm trapped by these garden ponies!" Discord woke up as he heard his favorite pony's voice. Except she wasn't really there.
"Hmm... must be my crazy imagination..." Discord tried to put it off, but was reminded by yet another message.
"Please anyone! I hop you can hear my prayers, because I am in need of a miracle!" Discord now knows that this is not trick, and that this was the real Fluttershy voice. How am I hearing this? Discord thought. Maybe it is because of Fluttershy hearing me and not anypony else, but she has to be close! She is, who knows where, so.... Discord rubbed his imaginary chin in his limbo state.
So maybe it is because of the reason why she can only hear me, so maybe this is upgraded from the original messaging! Discord thought again. Then he tried to message Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy! I think I got your call." Discord pleaded in his mind that the message would work, and so that he could see if Fluttershy was in actual danger. Woah. When did I start to see if someone was not in danger?! Discord surprised himself.

"Discord, can you hear me?!"

Discord's ears pricked up, mentally, noticing the sound. So he spoke back.

"Oh yes I can! What are you doing? You're trapped by garden ponies?! Oh no, is one of them a donkey?!" Discord panicked.

Umm.. yes? is that a bad thing?

Oh yes Fluttershy. That is Cranky doodle donkey, the alcoholic."