• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 7,123 Views, 37 Comments

That Night in The Bass-Ment - LegionofPony



Rarity has a one-night stand with a stallion she met at a club and invited to her bed. Later, she finds out that it being only a one-night stand was a mistake.

Comments ( 18 )

I think you missed the part where both Rarity and Coco give birth. Just a heads up.

It's great to see a real conclusion to this great story. I hope you will keep writing good stories here on this site.

7606039 It wasn't missed. It was intentionally set past that, for word-count purposes.

7606050 I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I will be writing more! I'm currently working on another story and have one soon to be started. Whether or not they're good or not remains to be seen though!

7606232
If they're anything like this one, I'm sure they'll be fine.

7610764 Glad you liked it! ^_^

Great story. The only thing is that Sweetie Belle would be Silky's aunt not her cousin.

7631686 Thank you for the compliment, and thank you for pointing that out, I've always had trouble with familial relationships like that. I fixed it.

7811511 Its the sun's light that influences the heat cycle. When winter ends and the suns heat and light returns, it triggers a hormonal release in animals and they go into what is commonly called heat. In horses, it happens several times throughout the year, if they are not bred during that time. Starting in spring and ending in the fall when the sun light weakens as the days grow short and cold. Humans are the only animals that don't follow the sun's cycle for their menstruation but the moon.

7811523 Cutie marks are not like finger prints. They are more like tattoo's. Police use tattoo's as identifying marks all the time. When it comes to forensics in Equestria, I would think that they have come up with ways, like hoof-prints at the scene. If you didn't know all horses leave different hoof marks. They are all different sizes and shapes. There is also hair evidence that can be left behind. Color of coat, mane and tail are all factors.

When you want to find a pony you don't know the name of, but do know his (job, color of coat and mane, city he lives in, and his cutie mark.) It would be easy to find that pony.

7811511 As Gentlehoof said, the increased UV rays of a Spring/Summer sun induces the hormonal releases (namely of follicle stimulating hormone and lutenizing hormone) that induces estrus in mares, as well as virtually every other species of female mammal besides humans.


'Estrus, or heat, is the period of the reproductive cycle when the mare ovulates and, if bred, is likely to conceive. Estrus is also the time when the mare is receptive and will accept the stallion. The average length of the estrous cycle, or the period from heat period to the next heat period, is 21 days, but the estrous cycle can vary from 19 to 26 days. The duration of estrus (standing/full heat) is five to seven days (actually about six days), but it can vary from two to 10 days.

Mares will cycle several times during the breeding season if they do not conceive and become pregnant. The most intense estrus behavior occurs when the mare is most sexually receptive to the stallion. Intense estrus behavior lasts about three days.' - extension.org

So, by Celestia intensifying the UV rays from the sun by bringing it closer to the planet, she brought mares' estrus on earlier and more intensely than usual, thereby causing many mares to unknowingly, or knowingly, conceive due to an early heat.

7811523 As Gentlehoof said (again) there are multiple other physical ways of identifying an individual pony besides just their Cutie Mark, though that is one of the easiest ways. As for unicorns, it would be extremely hard to identify them should they commit a crime, unless they leave a sort of psychic or magical 'fingerprint' at the scene when spells are used.



7811531 Fixed, thanks. Also, yes, auto-correct.


7812229 Spot on.


7812246 Yes, but in this case, the stallion is a drifter, and therefore doesn't have a set location. He's also low-key, as well as working in mostly underground clubs...though wasn't working due to him searching for Rarity.

Comment posted by preaplanes deleted Mar 2nd, 2017

Great Story! Not many complaints really. Although it would have been an amazing plot twist if at the end Neon Lights was the brother of Blueblood. 😀

8381217
I didn't think of that, but I don't think I want to add it. It's a good idea though. Glad you enjoyed my work.

8381217
That would definitely have been an amusing twist.

A bit late to the story, but that was probably one if the best impregnation, plot-centered stories I've read on here. I loved it! Even got a few tears in my eyes at the emotional parts :pinkiesad2:
Loved it! That's definitely desering of my like and fav!

9869189 Thanks, glad you liked it! This was actually one of the most fun ones to write, and I personally think it's one of my better stories overall too.

Good amount of clop and story. Great work

Login or register to comment