• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 3,093 Views, 60 Comments

Scaled Foal - ColtKit Productions



Spike's life is turned upside-down when he is sent to school to make friends his own age. Strangely enough he meets one Button Mash who slowly becomes something more then a friend.

  • ...
47
 60
 3,093

Ch12: Royal Talk, Prince to Prince

Blue Blood stood in the throne room, completely taking over the more mundane task of running a castle. He did, after all, have a good deal of experience with this.

He was organizing the new servants, posting schedules on the billboard in their breakroom, even designating where every ponies slept...

Well he might have experience with this, it was so far outside his job description, it wasn't funny.

"You need an ACTUAL Assistant," Blue Blood glared at the newly crowned princess. "I am a poor substitute."

"Bluey," unfortunately, this Princess of Friendship, did not seem to want to have this discussion.

Blue Blood looked down at her, from the sheer level of height his nose had. "Time Turner comes highly recommended by your local Mayor, herself. At least interview him."

Twilight sighed, "You know Spike isn't going to like this."

"You're ward is busy playing with the commoners."

"Going to school," Twilight corrected.

"Either way," Bluey scoffed. "He has other priorities. Much like yourself."

"Wait," Twilight raised a hoof. "Are you MAD that Spike is going to school?"

"I studied under the finest tutors in the land," Blue Blood glared. "It's expected of a prince to have more then a mere public school education. Especially from such a... quaint school house. By Auntie, they have all the children in this entire town learning from the same teacher. They don't even seperate them by grade!"

Twilight explained, "There aren't really enough foals in town to have multiple classes."

"Bloody backwater," Blue Blood scoffed.

Twilight glared, "You didn't have to move here."

Blue Blood glared right back, "We both know that's not true."

"Uncle Bluey!!!" Spike cheered, spotting the snow white unicorn the moment the child stepped into the room.

Spike ran over, and was about to give Blue Blood a hug. When the baby dragon suddenly remembered he was supposed to be mad at him.

Blue Blood blinked as his energetic nephew suddenly stopped, to glare at him. He was rather looking forward to the hug that usually followed Spike spotting him.

"Why did you treat Rarity like that!?" the little guy demanded.

Blue Blood blinked some more, "Who?" he puzzled.

Twilight deadpanned, "You threw a cake at her at the last Gala."

"Oh THAT ruffian," Blue Blood sneered. "First off, I did not throw the cake. Secondly, It's bad enough when I have to humor the nobles. But that... lovely mare, hadn't the slightest clue how to treat a Stallion of breeding. Not only did she feed me grease covered carnival food, which we both know I'm allergic to. But she even attempted to get me to open the door for HER. You have any idea the kind of gossip that would have started!

"I can just see the paper now. Prince Blue Blood forgets his station, has the audacity to open door for a mare!"

Twilight sweat dropped, "I doubt it be in the paper."

"EVERYTHING I DO ENDS UP IN THE PAPER!!!" Blue Blood snapped. "And let's talk about the cake! Since your so keen on blaming me.

"You KNOW I'm supposed to leave it to my escort to handle danger. It's unbecoming for Stallions to be anywhere but behind their mare, when a trouble arises. Although I should be grateful she acted like a complete monster afterwards. Otherwise the court would expect me to actually give that hag a kiss of gratitude." He shuddered.

Spike glared more at the "Hag" comment. But Blue Blood ignored him, "That mare had absolutely no idea how she was supposed to treat a Stallion! It's like she didn't even realize she was suppose to be courting ME!!! I was humiliated!!! Gods damned peasant!

"And YOU, why didn't you tell her how to behave! If she was your friend, the least you should have done is given her lessons on proper etiquette!"

Twilight flushed. Rarity behaved like such a refined mare, Twilight sometimes forgot she had a middle class upbringing. Of course she wouldn't have gotten the same lessons in etiquette Twilight had... even though the purple Princess chose to ignore most of them as unimportant... or down right closed minded at points. Regardless, Twilight did know how to act at fancy get togethers.

Rarity, for all her refined taste, apparently didn't know how the nobility really worked.

"Can I have my hug now?" Bluey eyed Spike.

The little dragon huffed, "If you promise to apologize to Rarity."

Blue Blood huffed back. "She should be apologizing to me!"

Spike crossed his arms, "Then I'll be taking my hugs elsewhere!" giving an extra huffy huff. Before turning around.

Bluey sighed, realizing his pride wasn't more important then his nephew"s feelings. "Fine, I'll apologize."

Spike stop, looking back, "Promise?"

"Have I ever gone back on my word?" Blue Blood stuck his nose even higher in the air. Only to be tackled to the floor. Spike's arms around his withers.

Bluey could only smile, before hugging the boy back.

"I can't wait to introduce you to my Colt friend!" Spike loudly declared... far too loudly...

Blue Blood tensed. Looking around at all the servants, and even the guards, that were giving the boy odd looks.

"Spike," Blue Blood tried to give the boy an out. "It is improper to address friends as such. That is a title reserved for intimate partners."

"We are intimate!" Spike chose to dig himself deeper. "We've been dating for a few days now. It's all very serious." Spike nodded adamantly... thinking with that child like innocence. That having a partner for more than a day qualified as a "serious relationship".

Blue Blood couldn't stop himself. His royal mask broke, by letting out an undignified groan. "It is improper to discuss such things in public. Twilight, kindly direct us to your study."

###

Once they had some privacy, Blue Blood sighed in worry, dropping his mask completely. "The rumor mill is going to love this," He used his royal hoof to rub his royal temple. Before looking at Twilight, "I take it this is what prompted you to pass that marriage law?"

Twilight gave a hesitant nod, "Didn't Celestia tell you?"

Blue Blood sighed again, "You know how closely Auntie likes to play things. She is not one to volunteer information... I must admit, I assumed you passed that law for me." Bluey gave a weak chuckle.

Twilight's eyes widened, "But I was thinking of you!!! I didn't want Spike to go through what you did!"

Blue Blood gave a light smirk, "I can assure you, Twily. My upbringing was more pleasant then most. At least Auntie didn't disown me, when she discovered my interest. Although I don't think she ever told Grandmother." Who knew how Luna would react if she ever found out. After all, in her day and age, Gay Stallions would literally get linched.

Twilight looked down at the floor.

Blue Blood faced Spike, "It would have been better if you kept this private. Just because your elder sister gave us some rights, doesn't mean Stallions like us are accepted."

"So far, only Pinkie really has a problem with it," Spike shrugged.

Bluey gave a groan, "Just be more careful who you tell, or who can overhear you... okay?"

Spike sighed, not seeing the point "Yes sir... does that mean you don't want to meet my colt friend?" Spike just loved saying "Colt friend".

Blue Blood smiled, "I would love to meet him. After all, I must insure he's worthy of dating a prince."

Spike gulped.

Comments ( 6 )

I don't care who you are this is a good story. And I shell stand proud in saying I'm enjoying this thoroughly For those of you who hate this trying drinking some alcohol 1st. It really enhances the experience

To the author - hello again!๐Ÿ‘‹ it's been awhile. i've gotten a new/manageable laptop and being way less stressed out!
granted, it only took about two years to finally use it๐Ÿ˜ธ

i read the latest chapter of scaled foal & here are my thoughts...your portrayal of blueblood is interesting and being civil/friendly with twilight sparkle:unsuresweetie:

p.s: in Cracked inkwell's story called blood poisoned. these two male guards (who serve him) despise his behavior towards them. so they decide to pull a prank on him by mixing his drink, falls in love with spike & hilarity ensues! he knows it's a spell and suggests they go to the prince's bedroom, while there blueblood confesses to the dragon he's a germaphobe. the nobles are surprised that blue is into males.
he wrote a sequel called for his majesty - https://www.fimfiction.net/story/366712

this message was written out on 7/5/22

11293043
I love Blood Poisoned

And was largely inspired by that, for my version of Blue Blood.

11293159
Oh my god you know it!:pinkiegasp:

wow...inkwell's story influence my portrayal blueblood too & partially with fleur de-lis's character. in for his majesty she is not just fancy's mare friend/model but also his bodyguard. i had got inspiration from a comic dub on yt (never watched it though because i worried about the voice quality.) where fleur joined the royal guard which explains where she received said training from, so i'm embellishing just a little bit. i do credit the author present or retired/left the fandom!

p.s: you do know blueblood and fancy pants make a cameo appearance in the story called memoir of a king's consort by sir spike
something tragic happens to him be prepared for tears https://www.fimfiction.net/story/386098

this message written out on 7/8/22

11298141
Love all three of those stories.

There some of my favorites

I really love this story! I hope you write more of it, and protective blueblood is actually super funny. I just want Spike to be happy. Twilight is an amazing and supportive sister, which is always great to see.

Login or register to comment