• Published 21st Apr 2016
  • 8,621 Views, 309 Comments

The Greatest Betrayal And The Greatest Of Friends (Perpetual Indeterminent Hiatus) - DracoBrony



Ash was betrayed by his friends, but one fairly new friend stood by him because she too had been betrayed by her friends and family. She had been banished from her home and she didn't want anyone to go through what she did and her name is Twilight.

  • ...
30
 309
 8,621

Questions Answered Yet Even More Raised (Revised Version)

Alright alright before you start raging at me for A: taking this long and B: completely deleting two chapters during writing well it was not going the the original direction I wanted it to so now I'm doing a bit of a rewrite. Anyways on with the fic! Sorry this one took so long guys! *Quick note this chapted took much much longer than expected because I was stuck on this one part and I eventually scraped it and made a small work around so sorry for the large wait!


"TWILIGHT!!!" They cried when they finally realized that the pony they looked up to had just gone evil, claimed that she was was the one who turned Luna into Nightmare Moon, and that just exploded right in front of them was gone for good... or so they thought as after a few minutes of non-stop crying the door that Scarlet and Arceus came through slowly opened again and out stepped a tired looking, lavender, familiar looking alicorn and stopped after looking around for a bit and said what everyone was thinking "Uh... What happened?"

Arceus was about to try and come up with an answer but she was cut off by another voice, a voice that belonged to someone who would better understand what was going on. Behind Twilight was the legendary pokemon of dreams, Cresselia with her blue duck shaped body with no legs or wings, having pink tufts on her chest area and crescent shaped wings circling her and having a pink bulge on her head along with a crescent shape figure that came down over her head. Rarity started drooling at the sight of her before realizing she was in public and then she promptly cleaned herself up.

"I believe I can help with that." Cresselia spoke her voice soft and flowing like honey. Everypony in the room instantly felt more at ease as she spoke. "Mother Arceus it has been some time since we last saw each other are you doing well?" The dream weaving pokemon asked the goddess.

Arceus was quick to respond with "Yes my daughter I am doing very well. I trust that this isn't a social visit?" The goddess inquired.

"No I'm afraid not mother, you see during your long absence brother disappeared for a time but when he came back he was... different. It was like he was someone else entirely at first I merely thought he was taking you leaving harder than the rest of us but recently he has become colder. He is no longer the same brother I used to play tag with in the gardens or play pranks on uncle Giratina with. He... scares me. He has become so uncaring that is until a few months ago. He became caring again but only for a short time. He took the hit from a both aunt Palkia and uncle Dialga to save a town of humans, it caught me off guard as that was only something he would do before he disappeared but when I talked to him about it later he was just as cold as before." The dreamweaver shook her head before continuing. "Anyways as to the explanation of what happened I believe it was brother, two hours ago he started to become agitated and then he ran off in the direction of the hall of dimensions. I tried to follow him but he knocked me unconscious before I could do so." Cresselia ended her speech tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Oh honey" Arceus spoke her words filled with compassion and empathy. She pulled Cresselia closer to her with her physic grip and nuzzled her. "Now listen, once we get back and get Twilight settled in I'm going to go talk to him ok? Now now no more tears." Letting Cresselia out of her physic hold and then turned and walked over to Celestia and Luna beckoning Scarlet to come with her, Arceus then pulled them aside and used her telepathy to talk to them in private.

"Now I want to propose something to you two on behalf of my dimension." Arceus stated over the link, completely dumbfounding the three alicorns she was linked with.

"What did you have in mind?" Celestia asked still somewhat skeptical of the goddess who not fifteen minutes ago barged into her throne room and brought a pissed off alicorn goddess with her.

"What I'm proposing is that you let Twilight and maybe even her friends if they want to go with her, come to my world and let them sort out their feelings about all of this for around two months or so and then if the want to stay they can if not they can go but should the like to go between the worlds at any time we let them. So how about it?" The goddess questioned.

"Tia I think we should let Twilight make this decision herself but I think it would be beneficial for her to think things out somewhere else." Luna stated adding her opinion.

Celestia wasn't sure what was best to do but her sister's advice convinced her that it should be Twilight's choice, she spoke aloud this time. "Twilight would you please come here we need to discuss something with you." She spoke not really sure what she was going to say.

"Yes Miss Solaris?" Twilight spoke in a rather informal tone with a grin appearing on her face when Celestia flinched at the use of her real name. Celestia then preceded to explain the decision to her former student at the end of the explanation Twilight just kinda stood there staring off into space thinking, her brain trying to process all of the information just given to her. Which gained a giggle from Scarlet who had up until this point had been rather quiet which in turn earned her a sort of blank look of confusion from the two princesses.

"What? Oh you forgot about me didn't you? Well I'm sure you want to know who I am so I'll might as well explain this while we're waiting for young Twilight to become functional again, trust me we have a while to wait I swear Astral Plain would get just like this all the time but it's nice to see that little quirk in his decedent." Scarlet spoke reminiscing about her long lost husband with almost the same look as Twilight.

"Astral Plain? You knew the first king of the old unicorn empire?" Celestia and Luna asked at the same time both alicorns now filled with curiosity.

"Knew him? I was married to him! Ah I still remember the first time we met. He had wanted to get out of the palace without being treated like a king and was wearing a disguise spell to do so of course I had one on as well as being an alicorn tends to make one stand out, he bumped into to me at the coffee shop and it was love at first sight, ah those were the days." Scarlet responded still not looking at anything but blank space with the same expression on her face the whole time, Scarlet then shook her head before continuing. "Anyways I'm getting off track, as I said I was married to Astral and when he eventually passed away I ruled on for some time before I stepped down to allow our son Shadow Spark to become the new king before I left the kingdom many years later, I kept tabs on my descendants of course visiting them in a dream or even sometime talking to them in person when they were in need of help." Scarlet continued her eyes tearing up at some of the memories. It was at this point the other ponies in the room (And Discord) wandered over to the group of goddesses to listen to what was going on.

It was also at this point that yet another figure floated out from the doorway though neither the ponies nor the legendary pokemon seemed to notice. This one was a small bipedal looking pink furred creature with a long tail. It looked around for a little while it noticed Scarlet and then sprinted forward at breakneck speeds before tackling the alicorn to the ground.

"AUNT SCARLET! IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I SAW YOU!" The pink ball of energy (not pinkie) screamed like a child given candy in a female voice before nearly choking the poor alicorn into unconsciousness and yet through all of this Twilight still stared off into the distance completely unfazed by any of this.

"MEW! What did I say about tackling people!" Arceus cried out using her psychic grip to her damnedest to get the little ball of sugar/caffeine/or possibly some form of drugs (Arceus wasn't sure which one it was or which was worse). Arceus was also confused as to who Mew's aunt was and where she was? "Mew, I know that you want to see your aunt and cousin, but I don't see them," She said looking around along with the other ponies. If one would have looked at Scarlet then they might have noticed a small smirk apper on her face.

"It seems Mew never told you that she asked the Creation Trio to send her to me for a few weeks shortly after your imprisonment." Scarlet stated dumbfounding the pokemon goddess. "Anyways mewy I was just about to explain to everyone about how I created the Elements Of Harmony, you remember that?" She questioned Mew.

"I sure do auntie! Remember I helped make that Tree Of Harmony remember!" Mew asked flying in circles around Scarlet, this drew gasps from both Celestia and Luna whom had both visited the tree many many years ago. Mew's rambling went on for about an hour and a half before the little ball of energy was finally tired out (and fell asleep on the back of Scarlet) during which time Twilight's mind had some what pulled itself together and she had reached her conclusion.

"Arceus I think I've made my decision I'm going with you at least for a little while." Twilight stated giving her answer to the pokemon before turning and speaking to her friends "Girls you are not going to come with me do you understand?" Twilight surprisingly snarled with an unusual amount of anger. "I.. I just need to be alone for a while ok?"

"Sure thing sugarcube take as much time as ya need alright?" Applejack spoke for the rest of the Main Six before they could respond. "But if yall need us just ask and we'll be there got it?"

"Maybe in a while but for now... I'll think about it" Twilight finished still uncertain about this whole thing.

"Now since I didn't get to finish my story nor my introduction allow me to finish it." Scarlet stated before jumping back into her story. "Let me see where was I? Oh yes! Now I remember the Elements Of Harmony yes. As I said I am the one that created them along with a little help from Mew. It was almost ten thousand years ago that I created them and then put my soul and mind inside the element of magic as a way to sort of keep tabs on the users." Scarlet continued her eyes once again staring off into space as the memories of that time came back to her. Scarlet shook her head before speaking again.

"Anyways long story short I am Scarlet Harmony, First Alicorn, the one who made this planet and its inhabitants, with Arceus's help of course, creator of the Elements Of Harmony, wife to Astral Plain, first king of the old Unicorn Empire, First queen to the Unicorn Empire and ancestor to current day bearer of the Element Of Magic Twilight Sparkle." Scarlet finished, her many titles causing many gasps for various reasons from everypony in the room.

"Twilight you're the descendant from an alicorn queen?" Rarity squealed her eyes sparkling with inspiration.

"Not just any alicorn the first alicorn." Scarlet stated reminding all of them of that one detail her face plastered with a huge grin. "Anyways now that my story is finished we should get going. Bye!" Scarlet laughed her horn already glowing with magic as she was about to take Twilight and Spike in her grip.

"WAIT!" Twilight exclaimed causing Scarlet to stop dead in her tracks. "We haven't even gotten ready yet!" This caused the ancient alicorn to let them go and blush in embarrassment.

"Sorry Twi I just got really excited to see an... old friend from long ago. Please go and get ready I shall wait for you here." Scarlet spoke her voice sounded depressed but only for a second before she covered it up. Twilight didn't notice this and turned around to go and get Spike and help the others get ready. Celestia however pulled her aside to talk with her in private. They walked in silence until they reached a balcony overlooking the valley below, it was about time for Luna to raise the moon but Celestia's sister had decided to make the sky varying shades of of amber, orange and red hues all mixed together, the sight was breathtaking, all the while the sun was on the horizon on one side of the sky and the moon directly opposite it on the other.

"Dearest Twilight I... I am sorry for what I did, it was wrong of me to overreact to what I thought was just stress even though now I see that something was wrong Cadence had seemed... odd but I thought it was just pre-wedding jitters or something, but to think that she had been replaced with a fake seemed almost impossible, I should have trusted you and I'm sorry that I didn't listen to you. I just wanted to say Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me, if you have a dream you have to protect it. Some ponies can't do things themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. If you want something in this world, go get it period." Celestia finished her voice filled with sadness and grief from her decision, she didn't know what she had been thinking to do something like that it was her own personal student saying these things and she hadn't believed her in any form at all. Celestia's ears perked up at what Twilight responded.

"Physical wounds can be treated without much difficulty, but emotional wounds are not so easy to heal." Twilight spoke not even looking at her former mentor her eyes just staring off into the afternoon sky thinking. Twilight then turned her head to look at her mentor before continuing. "I may not be angry with you anymore princess but that doesn't mean I forgive you." She finished her voice devoid of any emotion. Then Twilight turned around and walked away to go and get ready for the trip to a new world.


POV:Twilight


As I walked away from my former mentor I felt a terrible pain in my head like somepony was squeezing my skull as hard as they could. I dropped to the ground before I heard a voice.

Yess I can feel ssso much power in you young sssparkle. You will be an excellent sssubject. But I will let you have your fun for now young one but remember that I will alwaysss be watching. Hahahahaha! and then suddenly the pain stopped and my body moved on its own as my mind tried to comprehend what had just happend.


It had taken around five hours for Twilight (now accompanied by spike) to get her things in order with packing and what not. Two ponies, a dragon and three pokemon were now in front of the doorway making sure they had everything they needed.

"Food? Water? First Aid kit? Sleeping bags?" Twilight questioned Spike who had a scroll in one hand and a pen in the other.

"Check, check, check and check!" The little drake replied checking off the boxes as he went along the paper.

"Well then I guess we're ready to go!" Twilight beamed her mind racing at the new adventure they were about to embark on. "Ready Spike?" His response was an expected yes. "Wait Arceus are we going to be staying with you or did you have somepony in mind for us to stay with?" Twilight asked the pokemon goddess only just now thinking of where they were all going to stay for two months or so.

"Oh don't worry Twilight I know just the person for you to stay with during your time in my world." Arceus replied her face plastered with a giant fucking grin and with that they all stepped through the doorway...


POV:???


Darkness... That is all I am able to see, all I can feel. It overloads my senses and I am powerless to stop it. I know HE is here watching, waiting for his opportunity to strike and keep me trapped for eternity. He approached me many years ago after mother's disappearance, he was darkness more powerful than anything I had ever seen. He was... persuasive, he gave me power, so much power! But I sadly didn't know the full cost of this deal, he took control of me after a week because he was so much more damn powerful than me. I have sat in darkness for centuries now, not being able to do anything but think and wait for my time to take back control like I did a few months ago. I could now sense the evil in him, evil worse than those humans like Giovanni by a hundred times over. I am afraid, I am... cold so cold…
.
.
.
Warmth, so much warmth. This feeling is one I haven’t felt in such a long time that I almost forgot what it was. Whoever this warmth belongs to must be strong enough to overcome this darkness holding me prisoner. I need to find a way to get free before this darkness targets this being and turns that warmth cold. For now I will watch and protect from the shadows when I can...and guide her to me.

Author's Note:

Did most of this chapter while listening to this.

Great song! Anyways yes this chapter is finally done so now we can get to the actual world of intrest, the pokemon world! Yay! I'll give you two guesses as to who Arceus has in mind. Also if you have any ideas that you would like included in the story please comment them or Private message me your ideas so that I can try and put them in the fic! Again I'm sorry this one took so long guys! I'll see you next time!

Comments ( 66 )

there will still be surprises along the way though:pinkiecrazy:

7699707 i think it means that he's somewhat confused as to find that your back and that the story is altered

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/random-ness/images/0/00/Facedesk.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140608175615

Just this story has lost the whole freaking plot you started with

ok lets list things wrong

1) why did you get rid of the twilight flip out in the first chapter its the whole freaking set up and is confusing without it

2) why is twilight screaming and alone at the start when ash finds her? but all her friends are going and she was happy going there.

3) ok epic fight scene is epic but why did she explode, crescelia said she knew why but never said it

4) just instant forgiveness WTF twi you by all rights should be pissed at them but... nope all sunshine and rainbows did you forget about that time they said they were wrong to ignore a friends problems no matter how silly it seems (Lesson Zero), cause thats what they did.

5) this was shaping up to be an epic fic where twilight learns to forgive while helping some one else forgive while on an epic adventure now it is just a run of the mill boring happy go sunshines mane 6 go on an adventure crossover

Author what happend to twilight being pissed and needing space from them but with ashes help she learns to forgive and you slowly add the mane 6 to the story. you have just taken all the problems with the old chapters and all the good parts that were pland and swept them under the rug. ALSO i can see twi forgiving the 6(long shot) but Celestia no she should have turned round and told celestia where to shove that apology.

Twi goes from pissed to pushover in 6 seconds

they will be joining up after twi has had some time to get over the recent mistake her friends caused
and not all of them are going at once either (recoverd from discord chat 2 months ago)


2/10 not impressed

7699947 ok 1 im re writing the prologue 2 i thought i got rid of that 3 my bad on the rest of them but ill fix it. Anyways i guess i got caught up in making this one let me fix it

7699947 also that scene never said she was alone in the second chapter

7699947 also on 4 its not really them shes angry with its celestia she just(in my mind any way) directed that anger at everyone

7699947 also that discord chat thing is sorta just random ideas that Can make it into the chapters

Going to have to reread everything, again. :pinkiehappy:

:facehoof: i swear to god its like the gala tickets all over again except apple jack the other 4 just want to go to see the pokemon not to help heal their friendship

and still twi is a push over

7791360 fuck it ill fix it later

7791360 look just be happy you got this at all. I've been having mass panic attacks for the past two weeks straight so not exactly my best work k?

7791360 im really surprised that there are not many comments on this chapter

The story didn't pop up as updated for me.

7200793 it will return soon

7699947 now that i think about it more i just might rewrite it

Comment posted by Commander Darklight deleted Mar 1st, 2017

7988875 loook i can reredo it later but i realized you were right ok? Its alot more story easy this way both in terms of the reader and me since i dont have as many things to keep track of at once k?

7988884 oh no ignore my last comment ok i thought you were going to re write the whole story here il delete it

better i see you brought back MR tall dark and edgy to the plot aka the guy who hijacked twis body

ooh i know James right shes staying with James. No wait officer jenny right !






s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/94/f0/cb/94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

for those of you wondering who twilight is staying with, let me just say comedy gold is about to happen.:rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy::twilightsheepish::yay::raritystarry::trollestia::trollestia:

I think this cured my cancer and replaced with stronger cancer

7993280 I meen no uhfence to yu, butt itz thee most cantankerous cancer I've ever read

8000894 im really not sure if it sarcasms or not and if its not then please remember that i generally dont plan anything or edit it afterwards so thats why its rather... crude for lack of a better term. but i am planing on going back and revising it some day if it make you feel any better

8000911 It's not sarcasm, this is pretty fucking horrible. I won't sugar coat it son, the first chapter of your story-thing sent me into violent and uncontrollable conniptions. I'm pretty sure you gave me brain damage.

8001084 not actually the first chapter im currently redoing the prologue and honestly if you dont like it thats ok but dont be an ass about it k? If you dont like it i dont honestly care you dont have to read it if you dont want to.

8044451 both really just gonna go with my mind till i get stuck i guess

The vote for what ship still open?

8052217 then i vote for the one with the two ships (as not ash/twlight no personal issus in fact it think thats a cool fic i just want more ships :twilightsheepish:

8054159 also was the pokemon moves just becuase of nightmare or can twlight do that normaly

8165115 who is to say I am unable to divulge that at this time unfortunately.

Any update soon?

8287007
Kinda in a writing and idea low point at the moment but its getting better and im getting my laptop fixed so i can write more frequently again so

8301117
It's just a bit too rushed

8301120
well it was my first attempt at a story and I have yet to really go back and edit it any so there is that but like i said if your super confused on anything let me know and ill try to fix it and explain what i can

8303388
Nothing I can't handle

8304299
I found more rushed and confusing than this one, and for a first time you are sure doing a good job in my opinion

Login or register to comment