• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 1,807 Views, 54 Comments

Bittersweet Apple Acres (DARKFIC) - Sparrow9642



Everypony knows that horrors happen behind the barn doors of Sweet Apple Acres, but young Crimson Flash never thought they involved more than just a trip through the grinder.

  • ...
28
 54
 1,807
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 22 )

7044759 So, was it good, bad, excellent? You are giving it an applause, but can't really tell.

I fukin loved it! O3o

7048900 Glad you liked it, it was my first attempt at a darkfic :)

Huh. Dark, fucked up, but a good ending.

Well that was surprising, imma go cry now ;-;




It's okay they're happy tears.

I really REALLY enjoyed this horror fanfic you did. Sadly this will be one of those Darkfics I shall only partake in once. I listened to the audio drama while reading the fanfic, since some parts were too low to hear. But it was great nonetheless, the reason I shall not be listening to or reading it again is, unfortunately the sexual scene. The reasoning is I am ace and sex repulsed and not only that but I am biologically female -despite being gender questioning- and my chances of being r*ped are higher. Being r*ped is one of my biggest fears and the scene was too much for me to stomach. But please don't take this the wrong way! You should take it as you succeeded in deterring someone who ADORES the dark side of mlp. I've written my own horror fics called Crimson Bubbles and Misery Magic Junction, both on my old FIMFICTION account that I no longer have access to.

You can read them here if you wish:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/68799/murder-is-magic-book-one-crimson-bubbles

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/72459/murder-is-magic-book-two-misery-magic-junction

So you should really be proud of yourself that you caused such a reaction to me, because normally I don't have much of a reaction to the dark side of MLP.

8534281
Many thanks. This story was designed to be my first impression as a member of the dark side of the MLP fandom, and with that one scene, I believe I really delivered the shock factor, and I even hesitated while writing that scene, wondering if I had gone too far. Now that I see the reactions by the readers, I can see that something THAT shocking was exactly what this story needed.

8543337
I applaud your horrific and wondrous efforts on this Grimdark fanfic! It was a lovely read indeed and I enjoyed it. I might just read it again when I gain enough courage, maybe, if I skip the sexual scene I can probably power through it. Not many fanfics can get to me and I've seen some bucked up ones before! So congrats to you for even slightly disturbing even me, someone who has no problem getting down and gorey and full on terrifying bone chilling horror story telling. I commend you with the highest of regards you have impressed me with your superb story telling!

8543453
I have an edited version of it on Fanficton, where that scene is cut out, and Crimson passes out before anything explicit happens. If you'd prefer that version, just search it up there instead. I'm also glad that you enjoyed it, I'm hoping to get something new going before too long, just need something to click inspiration

This is awesome. Unmarked is still my most fav but this is an amazing dark fic. I just wish I currently had these skills.

It's a shame this story has so many dislikes. I personally enjoyed reading it again after listening to your fanfiiction reading on YouTube. Keep up the good work, Sparrow! :raritywink:

9413295
Heavily appreciated! Thank you for the feedback!

I just realized something that ruins every other mlp grimdark: ponies are herbivores, they can't digest meat, it would kill them. Of course, this is the mlp universe so anything is possible. Also, what is peoples problem? If you don't enjoy grimdark don't read it. This is one of the best grimdark ever, very descriptive and detailed!

10102092
Oh my god, someone who actually gets the reason why I put a disclaimer and made it clear that IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE! God bless you!

Fractured eye socket appears twice on the list. So did he have two, or did you just add it twice by mistake?

10166540
Probably a mistake.

Despite Everything, Crimson still got a good ending

11102415
Yes and no. While he escaped physically, mentally he is forever haunted by the events that occurred in the farmhouse. The scars, mental damage, and trauma will follow him to his grave, so it's more of a bittersweet ending.

Y'know it just occurred to me now that this story is one of the rare occasions, I've seen the main protagonist kill the evil mane six

Ok, gore-wise, this isn't half bad.Plot wise however...not so good.I don't actually have any idea if that was your intention or not, but a lot of things don't make sense, details are lacking and in some cases, some parts are really laughable.For example:
1-what happened to the rest of the Mane 6?Are they not present here?Why not?If they are, why aren't they mentioned at all?
2-are unicorns absent from Ponyville?That was my first thought when I read that The Apple family rules the city.Considering they are just 2 in town(AJ and Big Mac), I think even without unicorns other ponies could form a mob and restrain them.Even if there are other Apples near Ponyville, all of them are earth ponies.And I don't accept bullshit like:"They are afraid" or"they want to protect their foals", because considering they are tortured and killed anyway, they have nothing to lose by taking their chance at attacking the Apples.
3-ok, maybe the rest of the mane 6 are missing, but what about Celestia?Considering the Royal guards were mentioned, I assume she rules Equestria, so why didn't she knew about Ponyville?Sure, you can say that Spike is missing, therefore no more flame letters, but I doubt no pegasus flew near Ponyville and saw something strange.
4-in a way, at least Aj's explanation for killing made sense, but it didn't explain why she and her family love torturing ponies.I think it would've been more impactful if we saw that AJ had remorse and felt guily for killing ponies.This story just transformed them in a bunch of psycho hillbillies.
So overall, not my cup of tea.I like gore stories, but when they at least make a lick of sense.

11585558
It's mainly due to when it was written. Grimdarks back then didn't need sense to meet success, so I just followed the same formula and over time this fic has aged well.

I've much matured since those days, but yeah, it was just written at a time where gore and shock factor were all you needed to get attention. Read the sequel if you want something better.

Login or register to comment