• Published 9th Feb 2016
  • 1,729 Views, 28 Comments

Save Me, For My Name is Twaith - Michael Hudson



In a cave far away, sits a lonely spirit with bad company. Won't you help her be free?

  • ...
5
 28
 1,729

Recharge

Twilight blinked as she noticed a slight bit of movement far below her. She had been hiding at the top of the darkened cavern, enjoying the peace, but if Sombra was awake, it meant it was time to be active, to do things that would make her life better. At the very least, it was time to do more than she had over the past two weeks since the wedding.

As she got closer, she could hear Sombra grumbling as he stretched himself out. For a moment she giggled to herself, thinking about how rigor-mortis must have set in. Of course, it was only a joke, as he was about as dead as she was. He had simply used a lot of power making sure her friends would be safe from her, and had needed some rest. Now though… “Hello, Mr. Sombra?”

The stallion turned his head slightly while he was low to the ground, and looked past his decayed, black mane. His own red eye met her green one, and he smiled before standing up. If it weren’t for her being a spirit, he probably would have towered over the mare. Levitation was one of the few bonuses to the form she found immortality in though. “Yes?”

She rubbed her hooves in front of herself, before raising them to be in front of her muzzle. Despite that, Sombra could see through them, and to the reddening essence at her cheeks as she began to speak. “Well, I was hoping, just maybe, you would be ready to begin your lessons now.”

The stallion sighed, before gritting his teeth, the skin stretching further so as to allow more of the right side of his jawbone to show. His horn flickered to life, and a black ring in the middle of Twilight responded, before he scowled. “My form is still recovering, as annoying as that may be, so unfortunately, if we may, I would rather wait.” He walked over to two, cracked circles on the ground, and ran his hoof along one of the destroyed runes. “Besides, I would assume you have questions.”

Twilight bit into her cheek, before looking back to the ground. “I do, but I need these lessons. Answers about you can come when you’re telling my friends and I.”

Sombra’s smile grew wider as he saw the mare wipe a tear at her eye, and his horn glowed. From the ring within her, her could see a pulse go out, and for only a moment, before the ring disappeared as well, a spike could be seen in Twilight’s side. “You truly do care about them more than anything else, don’t you?”

Twilight continued to stare at the ground, her mind flashing between flights with Rainbow, farm work with Applejack, and even monster hunting with Trixie. She couldn’t focus on any one of them, as it only made the pain of not having them with her greater, and made her want to cry, but now…. Why did it need to be so hard not to think of them now? Twilight shook her head, stopping a tear that was about to slide down her face. “O-Of course I do.”

Sombra slowly trotted over, before placing a hoof on her chin. He helped her look into his eyes, and kept them there. “That’s dangerous for one like yourself. Want and supposed need is what fuels desperate wraiths like you, and makes the temptation to devour stronger, even if in turn it makes your essence work harder for its next meal. Therefore, thinking about them will only make the lessons harder, and less effective.” He let her eyes fall back to the ground “If I were you, I would use this day to forget all of them. You may remember them someday, but this will protect them.”

Twilight mouthed, “Protect them,’ before simply losing it. She could think of times when she made all of them so scared, and in pain, all because she was what she was. Once her mind got there, the magic flowing through her began to have a field day as it blasted her with almost every negative thought about herself and the rest of the world.

Sombra smiled as he heard her mumble something, and watched as she drifted away. A trail of ice followed her where she went, and he could feel the turmoil in her energies. All good signs if she was to succumb to his desires. “Please don’t leave the cave. It would be such a shame if all of your efforts were put to vain by a random pony, wouldn’t it?”

Twilight slid herself behind a pillar of stone, and stared into the vacant eyes of a rat’s skull. She didn’t know, but suspected that a victim of hers would look like this, and could already imagine one in the snow. She barely squeaked out, “I won’t,” before putting her head between her hooves, and trying to let the fear out, even if it never would.

Comments ( 23 )

Why does Twaith have wings in the cover art? I thought she was a unicorn.

Comment posted by Michael Hudson deleted Jun 14th, 2016

6919795 well, aside from the issue with the cover art, great story as usual. Come to think of it, I can't even name any other stories on this site which have main characters who are dead. Except for Dead/Light and the sequel anyway. So kudos to you for doing something different :twilightsmile:

6919983

Mort Takes a Holiday.

:derpytongue2:

Wait... Is Mort dead? Or does he just resemble one because of his line of work? Man, it's been so long.

I can't wait to see where you take this. I love the take on Lich!Sombra and that he's more rounded out than chuckling darkly in a corner hissing out "Crysssstalssss"

kind of saw that coming or figure those two woulf fight it out why other grab the heart and the heart nearly kill twilight....or being her back to life or some how she goes away but is reborn as the daughter of cadence....

Lich King Sombrero has captured the wraith Twinkie Sprinkle in his mancave of dooooom! :fluttershbad:

And I that was thinking that Sombra was going to show how Celestia ordered all her friends to kill her and they accepted

6919983 There is Split Second: An Eternity Divided.

She had been hiding
Twilight mouthed, Protect them,

1. An extra spacing at the start.
2. You might want to change the apostrophe into a closing quotation mark or the other way around. Your preference since both work.

Well, I finally caught up. And how I am feeling sorry for Twilight. When she finds out what happened though... Not even the dead will stay dead.

6920766

I believe mort is more like an angel or demon; created spiritual in nature. He was never a pony or mortal, but takes the form of a pony (albeit skeletal) for his work.

Seeing this reminds me that it hasn't updated in forever... And now I'm sad.

6919773

Technically she is an Alicorn.

And this person never asked me to take the wings out even though I had sent like 10 preliminary sketches that needed their approval before even getting a chance to color it (making it go from a 4 hour project to an 8 hr project).


=) This is why we send preliminaries of messy sketches first before spending time on line arts and coloring.

Maybe the writer will have learned a lesson by now and hope they apply it to future artists they commission from.

-ViralAcorn

PS. Yes I did make an account specifically for this purpose. It's okay to ask for changes in commission line work as an artist sends back ideas for approval, it is not okay to lie about it or blame the artist too for "not asking" or calling them "not a fan" when I don't really know what that means, I'm just paid to do a job. I guess you can't please everyone.

6919773
7304171 And I will back Miss Acorn on this, as I was in the wrong. I expected more of the story, and when it wasn't meeting my own expectations, I lashed out, instead of taking ownership for the mistake I had made. She did send me preliminaries, but I was too enthralled by the good work to notice the issues. I have excuses, but end of the day, it's simply my fault, and I should have taken responsibility for that.

is this still canon as it is cancelled?

7599224 It is, which is why the chapters that came after its cancellation tried to hit on some of the larger points that had happened in it.

RIP interesting premise.

7599227
Why was it cancelled?

10101387 I... wasn't able to keep up with the story. This came out at a time where I was caught in flux with my emotions at their bleakest and my creative interests shifting. I couldn't keep doing what I wanted with Twaith in general and I decided to end it on a high note than keep crawling on and say I'd do more some day.

10101398
Will you ever continue, do you think?

10101427 No. I do original works now and the muse for Twaith left a long time ago. The energy that was put into this has shifted to my series of books and how much I love them.

10101428
k, could I have help finding your more recent material?

10101431 This takes you to my Amazon author page, while my most recent stuff can be found under the stories tab on my author's page.

Login or register to comment