• Published 21st Dec 2015
  • 34,201 Views, 2,344 Comments

Normal Life - Hiver



What's a normal life might be relative. Especially when dating a Princess and being followed around by changelings.

  • ...
56
 2,344
 34,201

Chapter 27


Ah. Spring.

Sighing happily, I took a deep breath as I walked onto the practice yard, pulling the clumsy metal ring weapon from my satchel before removing the thick fabric sheath from it, turning it over in my magic before I shook my head.

I want a word with whomever it was that thought this thing was a good idea.

What the hell was wrong with a dagger? You could throw a dagger around in the same way. But nooo, they had to make something more difficult to hold and use.

Still, Luna did get it for me and she did expect me to be able to use it well enough to not be a danger to myself and others.

...Okay, it also looked kind of cool. But so unpractical. I did have to admit however that it had been getting easier to handle with practice.

Shifting my magic around it to grip only the inner edge, I got to work on practicing with the stupid thing.

In fact, it almost had a bit zen about it. It took so much focus that it cleared your head which was nice.

Even so, I was glad winter was finally over. They only cleared the snow and clouds away a couple of days ago, and that sentence is still strange to think.

Manually removing all the snow and suddenly it goes from being cold to spring? The trees already had leafs starting to grow.

Have I ever mentioned this world is strange?

Not sure I will ever be fully used to some parts of it. Magic, sure. Moon and sun being manually controlled?

Okay. Strange, but not completely in your face.

The season being manually managed by the inhabitants?

So. Damn. Strange.

Turning my head, I tracked the flying steel circle as I brought it into a wide orbit around myself, spinning it as I brought it towards the target from the other side. Trick was to keep it moving and spinning, not allowing it to hit directly.

If it was a direct hit and it didn't cut through, it would bounce and you would lose your grip.

Stupid bloody design. No wonder it was just ceremonial now, if even that. The group that used it were extinct.

I had to admit though that as a training tool it had potential. I had been getting faster and more precise with my telekinesis from all the practice. Don't mean I would ever use the damn thing in a fight though.

Flinging it towards the target I barely missed as my attention was pulled towards voices on the other side of the wall.

“Careful... Careful... don't bump it! Careful, damn it!”

What in the world?

Picking up the so called weapon, I sheathed it and dropped into my bag. There was actually a enchantment on it to shrink it into a ring you could wear on your horn, but Luna didn't want me wearing it like that until I showed I was proficient enough.

Shrugging the bag on, I trotted over and exited through the gate before I froze at the sight before me.

Four guards were lugging a large statue along, Princess Celestia overseeing it, their sergeant directing them to put it onto the sky carriage.

The thing was that it wasn't a normal statue. I recognized whom it was of. Or rather who it was.

That was petrified Discord.

“Princess?” I asked as I slowly approached, “What's going on?”

Celestia turned to me with a smile, “Good afternoon, Blank Page. I hope you slept well.”

“Same to you, Princess.” I said and gave the stoned chaos spirit a vary look, “...Why is that thing outside the dungeons? Finally going to drop it into the deepest part of the ocean?”

She shook her head, “I am relocating Discord to Ponyville. If he can be redeemed to use his power for good, it would be a great boon for Equestira. And with the elements at their disposal, I believe that Twilight and her friends are more than capable.”

I stared at her for several long moments without moving a muscle.

Did she just say what I thought she said. That almost sounded like...

“Princess... are you intending to release Discord?” I finally asked carefully, taking half a step back.

“I believe it to be perfectly safe. With the Elements of Harmony at hand, I trust my student to be able to contain him.”

I looked at her before looking up at the... twisted snake like dragon creature seemingly made up of a bunch of creatures. Then I stared at Celestia.

Finally I nodded, “I... see. Good luck, I suppose.”

They put the statue on the carriage and Princess Celestia got onto the second carriage. Celestia giving me a wave as the teams of Pegasi picked up speed and pulled them up towards the skies.

Staring after them for a moment I then gave the unicorns that had done the carrying a nod before I trotted back around the corner back into the training yard.

As soon as I was out of view, I broke into a full gallop back towards the tower. I need to get Luna fast while we still had time!

Celestia had gone insane!