• Published 21st Dec 2015
  • 34,128 Views, 2,344 Comments

Normal Life - Hiver



What's a normal life might be relative. Especially when dating a Princess and being followed around by changelings.

  • ...
56
 2,344
 34,128

Chapter 26

“No way! Amethyst Cloud's theorem about magical transference invalidates that point.” Moondancer insisted.

Luna sipped on her tea covered sugar with a smile, “Only if you do not use a ruby.”

The other unicorn paused at that, a cookie half lifted to her mouth as she frowned, “...Of course. They have the right kind of resistance.”

I wasn't even completely sure what they were talking about anymore. Something about enchanting equipment. My skill with magic was nowhere close to there when it came to theoretical equipment.

I might have given Moondancer quite a surprise when revealing exactly who my marefriend was. Until about five minutes ago, her ears had been like glued to her head. Even after we got over the entire 'Moondancer.exe has stopped working' thing, it was still quite a bit for her to adjust for.

Talking about magic however quickly drew her into the conversation and the two mares quickly left my zone of competence and happily galloped off into the distance.

It got Moondancer to slowly relax though, so I just let them talk, simply enjoying my cup of tea, curled up in the comfy chair after a semi productive day.

“So Page said you had a theory about dragon migrations?” Luna asked after another moment.

Moondancer nodded, “Yes, Princess. My hypothesis was that the spreading pony culture and construction disrupted dragon migration routes. It was disproven however at reviewing further evidence.”

“Interesting. If that had been true, it would have been quite a problem in the long run.” Luna agreed.

“Yeah.”

“So you are studying dragons?”

Moondancer shook her head, “I study a lot of things. Dragons. Magic. Pottery. Sociology.”

Luna nodded, “You seek to be come a professor?”

“No, I just study.”

“I see.”

Huh. That actually sounded somewhat interesting, but I don't know how long I could keep that up. I would just get distracted by som...oh shiny!

“...How do you make money?” I asked, tilting my head in question.

“I receive a stipend from Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.”

...That made a lot of sense. Also, there was no way that was something that would have ever been a way to get money for me.

“Ah.”

Luna put her tea down as she regarded the other mare, “Would you be interested in a research project? I need somepony to research some matters for me.”

“Of course, Princess!”

“Excellent!”

Luna jumped off the couch and trotted over to her desk to look through some papers before she returned, scribbling away on her paper with a quill, “I need you to find out the answers to the things on this list. I will of course pay you for your time.”

Taking the list, Moondancer nodded as she read it through, “Yes, Princess.”

“...I know some of those are a bit unusual, but...”

Moondancer smiled, “No problem, Princess. I can get to it at once.” before she bowed, “With your permission?”

“Of course. It was nice meeting you, Moondancer.”

As Moondancer left, I raised a eyebrow at Luna, “...What was that about?”

She smiled, ignoring my question, “I like her. She remind me of somepony.”

I frowned at that and then shook my head, “I don't see it. But you are avoiding my question.”

“Oh, not much. Some minor things. Some magic, some architecture, some farming practices.”

“Huh?”

Luna grinned, “It's a test, Page.”

Jumping off the comfy chair, moving up to her, “Why?”
Luna hmmed and nuzzled at my closest ear.

I flicked my ear and shot her a look, “Luna!”

She chuckled and put her wing across my back, “I'm thinking of offering her a position as part of my staff. I actually need a competent researcher. We will have to see how she manage the task I gave her. Moondancer seem intelligent and knowledgeable.”

Nodding, I leaned against her side, nuzzling along her neck, “I think she would do well there. I like her.”

“Do you now?”

I rolled my eyes, “Not like that.”

That got a giggle for her, “Are you sure? Replace the glasses, remove that horrible shirt... she could be cute.”

“Yes.” I chuckled and gave her a small kiss, “Apparently I have a thing for alicorns.”

“Mmm... That is quite a limited selection.”

I grinned, “Luckily I managed to snag the best one.”

The maid staff were not overly happy to later find out that her pounce at me caused us to completely destroy the table.