• Published 21st Dec 2015
  • 34,131 Views, 2,344 Comments

Normal Life - Hiver



What's a normal life might be relative. Especially when dating a Princess and being followed around by changelings.

  • ...
56
 2,344
 34,131

Chapter 46

Well.

We did end up in front of a school. Might as well look inside. Maybe we could find out something or meet somebody that saw something.

Looking around once more, I headed towards the doors with Twilight in tow.

Pushing the door open, I walked inside, looking around. At least something was going right, it wasn't locked.

Now... if I was Sunset Shimmer, evil apprentice and thief of magic loot, where would I be?

...Running as far away as possible.

Okay, that didn't help.

Well, things seemed clear at least. A quick search of the building and then we move on. We have three days to find the magic bling of doom or we will be stuck here for three years.

I glanced back at Twilight. She was busy looking at her hands, twisting them and wiggling her fingers as she wobbled on her feet.

...Couldn't blame her for that one. I did the same thing for a month after I arrived in Equestria. Leaving her to trail behind for the moment, I turned to the right along the corridor before I paused as I spotted something in a display casing.

My reflection.

I looked like me, just... younger. Huh. So that's why Twilight looked like she was in highschool. The mirror deaged you.

Wait a second, I got a couple of years younger when I arrived in Equestria as well. Does traveling between worlds deage you?

Normally I would call it practical, but at this rate and if that was true, going back to Equestria would end up with me being like... eleven.

Fuck, let's hope I'm wrong. But right now it worked as camouflage at least. A teenager walking around a highschool would hardly draw attention.

Shaking my head, I took Twilight's arm and pulled her away from staring at her own reflection, “No time for that, Princess. Tick, tock. Three days, remember.”

“Ah! Yeah. Of course...” Twilight answered before she paused, “...Where are we going?”

Stopping, I shrugged and was about to answer when a bell rung and suddenly the corridor was teeming with kids running back and forth.

Pulling a staring Twilight to the side, I spoke up, “We need to start somewhere. This was the closest building and if the mirror had the same effect on Sunset Shimmer as it did on us, she might be hiding here, blending into the rest of the population. So we search the school first.”'

Twilight nodded in agreement, “Right. Should we split up?”

The thought of Twilight wandering off alone on Earth crossed my mind. Then everything that could happen did the same followed by me explaining to Princess Celestia that I accidentally got her favorite student run over by a truck.

“How about no.” I quickly answered, “Better stick together. Come on.”

Nodding again, Twilight looked around and followed as we started down the corridor again before rounding the corner.

Down the hallway was a pair of girls, one with pink hair that was being yelled at by the second one, this one wearing a black leather jacket and her hair yellow and red.

The yellow and red haired girl gave the pinkhaired girl a push against the lockers, “What did you say? You are so pathetic, no wonder all your friends are stray animals.”

“Hey! How dare you speak to her like that!?”

...Damn it, Twilight. We have bigger problems than schoolyard bullies. I hate bullies as well, but we have the fate of a world hanging in the balance here.

The bully span around, “What did you say!?”

Sighing, I shook my head and continued on my way as Twilight stalked over towards her.

“I said, how dare you speak to her that way!”

Fine. You handle the bully, I'll search the school.

Continuing along the corridor I continued my search. Damn it. Guess I couldn't blame the Princess of Friendship to have a averse reaction to bullies. I hated them too, but...

...and I just realized I had no idea what this Sunset Shimmer looked like in either pony or human form. Only Twilight did.

Crap.

I'm such a idiot sometimes. Then again, I have some things on my mind right now so I guess I shouldn't beat myself up too badly for being distracted.

Sighing, I turned around and headed back the way I came.

This was just all so familiar. So familiar.

Reaching the place I left Twilight, I found her talking to the pink haired girl, “P...Twilight?” I asked as I approached.

She span to face me, “Page! That girl! She is Sunset! The yellow and red hair!”

“You are sure?”

Twilight nodded, “Yes!”

Spinning around, I broke into a run.

It didn't take long until I spotted her. Strange hair colors might be in fashion here, but yellow and red kind of stand out anyway.

Stopping running, I slowed down when I saw her. She was heading towards the outside of the school.

Good, maybe I can corner her outside.