• Published 21st Dec 2015
  • 33,882 Views, 2,344 Comments

Normal Life - Hiver



What's a normal life might be relative. Especially when dating a Princess and being followed around by changelings.

  • ...
56
 2,344
 33,882

Chapter 39

"You can not be serio...ow!”

“Sorry,” Rarity said with a smile, “Lift?”

I lifted my hoof to give her better access to the chest portion of the cermonial belt.

“I am perfectly serious.” Luna confirmed with a smile as from where she as lounging on the couch, watching me get tortured with needles, “I simply regret the fact that three days was too little to order a set of the full armor done. Cloak and belt will have to suffice.”

“Love, I'm a.. ow!! Damn it, Rarity!”

“Sorry Lord Page. If you would bear with me for just a moment...”

As she was sticking needles to hold the buckle in place, I shot Luna a look, “As I was saying, I'm a author, not actually a war mage.”

“There might be some debate on that. As I am the only one alive that has the training, it effectively makes me the senior war mage.” Luna disagreed with a smile, “That would give me the authority to give you a rank.”

“Luna!”

She chuckled and moved off the couch to give me a quick nuzzle, “Relax, you will look great. Besides, I always liked this style, it's attractive.”

“I look silly.”

“You look dashing.” Rarity said with a smile as she took a step back.The black had silver edges hanging across my back and left side as well as over the left part of my chest. It also left my right side uncovered to show the leather dark straps with silver stitching and silverbuckles as well as the mounting points for daggers and swords, “Very rogueish.”

“Doesn't he?” Luna agreed with a grin.

Sigh.

I looked at myself in the mirror before I shook my head. I would've rather had been wearing a suit. But noo.

I blamed Shining Armor. He was going to stand next to Princess Cadance for Twilight's coronation. Which meant I needed to do the same with Luna. He was going to wear ceremonial armor and Luna thought that was a marvelous idea.

Hence why I was in this silly getup.

I looked like a pretentious ponce... but I knew when I was not only outnumbered, but completely out gunned.

...Though, I had to admit I liked the look of the silver crescent moon on the cloak as it rested on my shoulder.

“If you two are done checking me out, can I get out of this?”

That got a pair of almost identical giggles from them and I just rolled my eyes, starting to shrug the thing off, only for Rarity's magic to expertly undo it and lift it off.

“It didn't pinch anywhere? Feel tight or pull on your coat?” She asked as she unclasped the cloak before carefully folding it up before setting the belts ontop of it.

I shook my head, “No, the fit was good. Thank you.”

Whatever Rarity was, she was good at what she did. I might not be an overly fan of the overly ornate design, but it was comfortable to wear.

“Anything else?” I asked her as I cracked my neck and stretched, putting my medallion back on.

“I believe that is all.” Rarity answered with a smile before she eyed me, “Unless I could talk you into reconsidering adding some gems...”

“No thank you. I like plain.”

Well, as plain as I could get away with... not that I put up much of a fight. For the most part I just rolled with it.

“Hmm. Very well.” she said with a nod before turning to Luna, “Now, your highness. Shall we get started on your dress?”

Luna nodded, “We better.”

“..Uhm... am I needed or...”

Grinning, Luna gave me a quick kiss, “I think we can spare you for this part. See you for dinner.”

Nodding, I gave her a quick nuzzle before she turned to Rarity.

“I'm thinking something... a bit lighter than usual.”

I made my escape, the door closing behind me, cutting off further conversation before I sighed, folding my ears back.

I never enjoyed that kind of thing.

“Sir?”

Blinking, I spotted Skitter in her white unicorn form, only her wings revealing what she really was. She was sitting a couple of meters down the corridor towards the stairs leading down, by a small table.

I just stared at her for a moment as she closed her book, putting it down on the table.

“Skitter... are you ever not here? Seriously, when do you sleep?”

She smiled as she got up, “When you do, Sir.”

“...Where? You are always here as soon as I walk out.”

“Mostly here, sir.” she confirmed, “By the table or more often, in the rafters.”

I stared at her for a moment before glancing back at the guards for confirmation. The left one nodded after a moment, “We can confirm that, sir.”

...Son of a bitch.

“You and I need to have a talk about your living conditions.” I finally said as I turned back to the changeling.

She just tilted her head in confusion.