• Published 21st Dec 2015
  • 34,183 Views, 2,344 Comments

Normal Life - Hiver



What's a normal life might be relative. Especially when dating a Princess and being followed around by changelings.

  • ...
56
 2,344
 34,183

Chapter 21


Hearth's Warming Eve.

Only five days since Winter Moon celebration, as it had come to be called. Quite frankly, I had been busy trying to set things up for tonight.

...Okay, it wasn't that much to do. I'm not sure how I could top last years gift of the single copy of a personalized book so I didn't try.

Oh, I still put together some short stories in a book this year as well and had it bound, but it wasn't as thick as last year, ending up at just over a hundred pages. Another reason to why I also got her some jewelry, I didn't want to give her just a book every year.

What do you get a immortal princess?

Seriously, Luna had everything she could possibly want. It's horribly difficult to get her presents. So I just did my best.

Checking myself in the mirror quickly, I ran my hoof through my mane before shaking my head and doing it again.

The sun was low on the horizon outside, it was almost time to wake Luna up.

There, that's better.

With my short mane more or less under control, I ignited my horn and picked the tray up before slowly walking over to the bedroom door to peek inside. A midnight blue sphere was surrounding the bed, keeping all sounds out.

Perfect, Luna wasn't awake yet.

Slipping inside, I floated the tray along before closing the door behind me. Now to wake up the princess.



XXXXXXXX


I happily trotted alongside Luna through the corridor. It was early morning and I was a bit tired, but I did catch up on sleep yesterday, only getting up a hour before her as I knew today, or rather tonight, would be rather long.

She had forgone her regalia for once to simply wear the silver necklace I got her. It was a rather simple but elegant silver chain with a sapphire stone. It wasn't even that big of a stone, but it was star shaped.

Luna seemed to like it.

In return she got me a old book on ice magic. I'm not entirely sure where she dug that one up, even with the relatively little language drift over the ages in Equestria compared to Earth, it took me minutes to decipher a single sentence in it. It must have been thousands of years old.

Apparently it was time I started learning some proper elemental spells.

I loved it.


The sun was already rising outside the windows as we approached Princess Celestia's private chambers.

This was the second part of Hearth's Warming. One I didn't experience last year. Luna and Celestia's own celebration.

It was the friends and family thing that they had the morning after Hearth's Warming Eve.

As we approached the white and gold doors, the pair of guards standing outside quickly saluted, pulling the doors open for us and I followed Luna inside before looking around curiously.

This was actually the first time I seen Princess Celestia's private chambers. It was pretty much the direct opposite of Luna's.

Luna's was in a tower and favored dark woods and nice blue and silver accents. This was on the ground levels, opening up into a garden outside and contained actually very little in the way of furniture.

A single bookshelf, a table and a bunch of pillows was all that was in the room, a couple of paintings on the wall. Other than that it was very minimalist.

Not even a desk to work on, though likely Princess Celestia had that at some other place in the castle.

But that was not quite what surprised me.

No, what stood out was the occupants. Princess Celestia I had expected. She was laying on her stomach on one of the large light blue pillows, her frontlegs crossed, a book floating in front of her.

What was unexpected was the slightly drowsy looking purple unicorn next to her. Twilight had her legs folded in beneath her as she read the book with her...

Were they still teacher and student or had things progressed?

“Luna. Page.” Celestia said with a smile as she looked up from her book, “Welcome, you are a bit early.”

Luna smiled and made her way over, giving her sister a quick nuzzle, “Not for us. Greetings, Twilight Sparkle.”

“Hi Princess Luna. Blank Page.” Twilight said and gave Luna a small quick bow.

I bowed slightly as well in greeting to Celestia before I smiled, “Good morning. I didn't expect to find you here.”

“I invited Twilight to spend Hearth's Warming in the castle.” Celestia explained with a smile, glancing down at the unicorn next to her, “I wanted to give her a opportunity to visit her parents and see her brother over the holidays.”

I shared a quick look with Luna.

Mhmm. I'm sure that was the reason.

Twilight nodded with a smile of her own, “It's been years since I did this. Not that I don't like spending it with my friends, but this is very nostalgic.”