• Published 21st Dec 2015
  • 34,090 Views, 2,344 Comments

Normal Life - Hiver



What's a normal life might be relative. Especially when dating a Princess and being followed around by changelings.

  • ...
56
 2,344
 34,090

Chapter 43

The Crystal Empire lived up to its name. Crystals everywhere. Even the buildings were made from them.

Hell, even the PONIES were sparkling in the sunlight.

Pushing the door open with my magic, I entered Luna's and my quarters. They were beautiful, nothing else to call it.

Large and circular, one wall made up of open windows. Not that it mattered, the air outside was nice and warm despite being far north. Part of the magic of the Empire, I guess.

The chambers were centered on a large, alicorn-sized bed. There were two more doors: one to the large bathroom and the second one lead to Celestia's quarters. Luna and I had twisted our sleeping patterns around for this summit. Which meant sleeping nights.

I just wished things were consistent, since turning the sleeping schedule around was always a pain in the neck.

As beautiful as it was, it was also somewhat plain, not a lot of furniture around. Other than the bed, there was just a table and some pillows to sit on.

Well, I had planned to lay down and get some rest, but the bed was busy.

When I walked inside, Cadance, Celestia and Luna all looked me in unison before bursting into giggles.

I froze.

Whatever that was about, it could not be good. Do not make eye contact, slowly back away. Don't run.

“Page!” Luna exclaimed and jumped off the bed, trotting over to give me a quick nuzzle with a grin.

...Damn it.

“Hey. What are you three up to?” I asked and nuzzled back.

“Just talking.”

Mhmm.

I suspected that I knew the subject as well.

“About?” I asked anyway as I moved up next to Luna while she turned to face the bed again, her wing draping across my back.

Cadance was the first one to speak up. “About how Aunt Celestia and Twilight are the only Alicorns not to have somepony right now.”

That's about what I figured.

“Oh, I'm sure that will work out.” I chuckled with a grin.

Celestia frowned. “How do you mean?”

...Crap. Said too much.

Luna shot me an annoyed look and I cringed. Oops.

“Sorry” I said quietly.

She shook her head. “Well, this might as well be as good a time as any.” She sighed and turned to Celestia, “I think you should tell Twilight about how you feel. I know now that she is an Alicorn you have a lot more time, but I want you to be happy.”

The two other Alicorns stared at us in confusion before Celestia tilted her head. “Feelings?”

“You know, romantic feelings.”

Cadance blinked and started to turn from pink to red before she burst out laughing, rolling onto her back. “Celestia and... Bahahaha!”

What.

Celestia, on the other hand, shied back a bit. “Romantic feelings for Twilight? No! I think of her like a daughter!”

Luna looked confused, her wing raising from my back. “But... she is your type! All the signs are there!”

The alicorn of the sun shook her head. “I do not have feelings for my student.”

Cadance started to calm down, giggling. “She is right. She doesn't. I would know. Not for Twilight, anyway. But there is someone she likes. Besides, Twilight has her eye on someone else, not that she realizes it yet.”

“Cadance!” Celestia quickly exclaimed. “None of that.”

Luna perked up at that, exclaimed: “Oh? Who? Tell us!!” and bounced over to the bed.

I just stared at them and then facehoofed. All that work and she didn't even... damn it.

Celestia glared at all of us before she shook her head. “I don't see how it is the business of any of you.”

Cadance just grinned widely. “I know who it is...” she said in a sing song voice.

Luna pounced. “Tell Us!”

I just watched with a slightly unreal sense of amusement as the Alicorns ended up in a pile of tickles while I started to slowly sidle towards the door. I'd make my escape while they were distracted.

“Fine! Fine! You win! It's just a crush anyway, it will go away.” Celestia finally gasped with a giggle as she struggled free before she blushed. “...It's Rainbow Dash. I have a crush on Rainbow Dash.”

I paused on my way to the door, my jaw dropping.

I did not see that one coming.