• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 1,940 Views, 21 Comments

Princess Celestia Wears Glasses - twilightsparkle3562



Celestia is told to start wearing glasses when she starts to have trouble with her eyesight.

  • ...
6
 21
 1,940

Fear of the Future

Chapter 4

"Fear of the Future"

In the days that followed since getting her contacts and reading glasses, Celestia could only think of what her future was like. Sure, she got over her fear of wearing glasses and having bad eyesight, but was it a sign of things to come? Celestia had to remember that she was unable to defeat Chrysalis in front of her subjects and was not like the same youthful pony as before. Why else did anypony in her inner circle think of why she took Twilight Sparkle under her wing to begin with? Nevertheless, she was enjoying her new moon shaped glasses, which made her feel young again as she had said.

"Sister, may I come in?" asked Luna, from outside of Celestia's doors to her private quarters.

"Let her in," ordered Celestia to the guards on the other side and they opened the doors to allow Luna to enter.

It was the first time in a long time did Luna see her sister feel relaxed and serene, sitting in front of her fireplace reading the latest in a series of endless letters from her faithful student, which she got back following Discord's rampage on Equestria.

"If you want me to come back," suggested Luna. "Then…"

"No, you are welcome to stay in here," interrupted Celestia, placing the scroll in a pile with the other letters. "I needed to take a break anyway. Whenever I am having a bad day, I always look at Twilight's letters on friendship to make me feel better."

Luna smiled warmly at this and joined her sister down at the fireplace, snuggling up to her. There were times that Luna enjoyed being with Celestia before she was banished to the moon and this was the first in a long time did both Luna and Celestia enjoy each other's company.

"This kind of reminds me of our youthful days," remarked Luna, getting herself comfortable. "It's too bad they can't go on forever."

"That is true," sighed Celestia, lowering her head slightly. "I have ruled Equestria for a thousand years, little sister and I can't go on forever. If my eye problems were a sign, then it means I would soon have to face my greatest fear."

"Mortality?" asked Luna, who sudden felt a little nervous herself. "But, we are alicorns, dear sister. Don't we live forever?"

"On the Earth of Equestria, we can't," answered Celestia, opening her right wing to let the heat of the fires warm the right side of her lower body. "I will one day ascend to the true Equestria that nopony will ever see, but I want to delay the inevitable as much as possible. There is so much for Twilight to learn before she is ready."

Celestia then levitated Starswirl the Bearded's journal from a shelf to where they were sitting and placed it between them. For both of them knew that their mentor had an unfinished spell that needed to be completed and the only pony to do it was none other than Twilight herself. Once it was completed, then Twilight would move on to the next stage of her life as their equal.

"Look inside this book, little sister," suggested Celestia, showing the written words in the book to Luna. "Can you see what needs to be written?"

Luna looked at the book and tried to make sense of why Celestia was doing this. In her mind, she was thinking of why Celestia was acting this way. But, she would quickly find her answer as Celestia explained the reasoning.

"Yes, I do," replied Luna. "But, why are you showing me this?"

"Because of what happens for when the time comes," answered Celestia, closing the book. "Once she becomes a princess, my time will start to come to an end. My eyesight was only the beginning of my troubles."

Celestia then placed the book back in between her and Luna and grabbed a small handkerchief, wiping down her glasses. Again, her glasses were off and she had trouble seeing as she tried to clean the glasses.

"Why don't I do them for you, big sister?" asked Luna, taking the glasses from Celestia with her magic.

It was only for a minute, but Celestia was already starting to once again see the blurred vision that came out of her eyes. It was then that she also felt her fears coming back, but it was a new fear that was befalling her. Fortunately, Luna gave Celestia her glasses back before the new fear could come creeping in and consume her mind.

"Thank you," replied Celestia, feeling slightly panicked. "They look clean."

"You're welcome, my sister," said Luna, taking note of her sister's worry. "But, it's all right. You have nothing to fear as long as those around you are present."

"I hope so, Luna," cried Celestia, placing the glasses back on her face. "Up until the moment I fought with Chrysalis at Cadence and Shining Armor, I thought that my life would always be free of harm upon us and our subjects, but I fear that is not to be. I cannot rest until Twilight learns all that she has in front of her."

"It takes time, my sister," replied Luna, wisely. "I've learned already that you can't worry about the future or the past and only focus on the present. I know you fear of being unable to see or being able to one day not rule over our subjects, but that's just the way life works."

Celestia let out a deep sigh upon hearing this, even though she didn't want to hear it. But, it was true, the loss of her eyesight as a result of the Changelings was a sign of her future and the clock was working against her.

"I'm aware it works, sister," she replied, "I know I said that these glasses make me look young, but will it last? That's what I am going through, right now."

"And that is why I will always support you, my sister," added Luna, placing her hoof around Celestia's. "No matter what happens, whether you are going blind or not, I will support you and you will not be alone."

Eventually, Luna had to leave her sister's side to assume her duties as Princess of the Night, but Celestia felt a sense of comfort for the first time in her 1,000 years of ruling over Equestria.

Despite all that had happened to her recently, there was one thing that she would never lose and that was the love of her sister and her subjects, who would support her through anything and that was a fact.

Comments ( 3 )

hmmm will Celestia give Twilight a choice in the matter? even more so will she take into account her friends' mortality with her decision to ascend her and how a mortal becoming long lived will affect her when she outlives said friends? if not Celestia will be in for some serious resentment from Twilight.

good chapter

I love this. FAVE, THUMBS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY UPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPPUUP!?

I'll be honest. I can't put myself in Celestia shoes considering I got my glasses when I was 16 and didn't minded it as much

Login or register to comment