• Published 26th Sep 2015
  • 3,053 Views, 90 Comments

When They Come - anonpencil



Ponyville is in turmoil after a horrific incident, the likes of which the small town has never seen before. Anon offers help, but he's not prepared for the twists of fate which engulf him and Twilight as they investigate the attack of a young filly.

Comments ( 15 )

This ending was a lot more powerful, I congratulate you.

I am the leader of this real.

Celestia's so real she'd drop a brotha back into his old life just for protecting his bird. Dayum.

I think I preferred the original ending to this one, feels more earned.
Also, I can't imagine how leathered you must have been when you wrote this, because it's got typos out the wazoo.

6546128
SO MANY.

It's more that I wrote this with an "ehfuckit" attitude. But I've never heard the term "leathered" to describe drunk ( I am assuming it's drunk?) Not sure how I feel about it yet.

And would you believe that THIS was the original ending?

6546182
Leathered. Blitzed. Sozzled. Hammered.

Come to Britain, we have more words for being drunk than we do names for our kids.

I do believe it. And I'm glad you changed it. c:

6546280
I love Sozzled.
I still use it sometimes. It confuses people.

I. Really Prefer this ending. Much more. So much more.

I don't even know what to say wow just wow this was a great story and I hope I get to read more like it

6707058
I swear to god. I will never escape it.
Y-yes. I should be...

I... wha... I don't even... You know what, f*ck it : if someone think this fanfic is not just great or more, then "just go to hell" because that was sooooo f*cking good OMG
This chapter however was... F*CKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW
Celestia : he is gone. You're alright Twilight ?
Twilight : :flutterrage:I'M GONNA TROW YOUR EYES OUT:flutterrage:
Me : Well Celestia, you are ded. Not a big surprise
Reference : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0DvSzUKUBlU

Is there a way to combine the two endings that Aron stays in Ponyville to protect it from bad humans, he gets Twilight Sparkle, and Miranda/Marigold gets reborn as a pony again in Ponyville, be part of Anon's herd and be with him as well. Win Win all around.

I'm not a fan of this ending at all. Still, I can see how it may appeal to others. Great story, otherwise.

You were right, this ending does make me angry. It's a sick perversion of justice that makes Twilight and Anon lose their lives with each other. Celestia even acknowledges this in saying "you don't deserve this." They will only see each other again (if at all) when Anon probably grows old and dies, so by that time Twilight would either be dead or old herself. What else could Anon have done in that meadow to avoid killing Mitch? I can't think of a single thing, because that kill was completely necessary and out of self defense.

And also, Anon starts a love life with Marigold, with zero qualms about it, immediately after having a tender moment with Twilight none the less. Not only does this seem unrealistic, but it cheapens the special relationship he had with Twilight.

I appreciate the cleverness in how his sweetheart on earth was Marigold the whole time, and how things click together, but I'm definitely glad this wasn't the official ending.

This story is just great, I like to see you writing serious stuff too.
Love'd both endings, maybe this alternative even more because Anon gets Marigold's love at last.
Going straight to my favourites.

Well, for some reason, I like this ending better. Not because of the judgement, no... but more because this way, two lives get to continue - and there's still the perspective of their future reunion. I also like the twist, there - I thought there was something there when he was feverish, and I like to be proven right. ;]

In fact, this is the sort of thing I like in stories that can fuck around with time like that. Reminds me of Madoka Magica, a bit.

This story was something. My biggest gripe is not showing relationships building with Anon. They are sudden or happen off screen. So everything with Twilight, Miranda and Marigold just feel to sudden. They lack depth and weight making the story feel empty. If the story had more time to build and set the scene then it would have had a real impact. The alternate ending just made me say, "oh, okay" to myself. I am dissatisfied.

Login or register to comment