• Published 7th Nov 2015
  • 1,882 Views, 71 Comments

Iron Hearts: Stray Shots and What Ifs? - Hey its that Pony



A collection of tales that may or may not take place within the universe of the 38th Company and their colorful mutant equine acquisitions.

  • ...
2
 71
 1,882

Pinkie Whispers

In the fields of a rural rock farm, a tiny pink filly could not possibly be more content. Just a few hours ago she had witnessed a magnificent Rainboom that had sparked a very special light in her little heart. She had acted on that light and hosted her very first party with her Earth Pony family, bringing a great deal of joy and brightness to the normally stony atmosphere of the farm. When she had done so she had magically received her own special Cutie Mark upon her flank that would be with her forever, marking her as a premier party pony and a bringer of happiness.

She let out a contented sigh as she gazed at the sky. It was starting to cloud over as it usually did but now the clouds seemed to have a distinctly brighter tone through her eyes. She could not imagine any way this day could get better.

'...Oh my...and what might this be...?' said a whisper from nowhere.

Pinkie Pie drew in a gasping breath. "Oh my gosh! Whatwasthat? Whereareyou? Areyouinmyhead?" She turned herself every which way to find the source of the voice but failed.

'...Ho ho ho...what a delightful creature you are...tell me...what do you think the answers to your questions might be...?'

She sat back down and put a hoof to her chin in thought. "Hmm, well since I couldn't tell which direction you're coming from, then I guess that means you aren't an imaginary friend. So I guess that would mean you ARE a voice in my head." She suddenly perked up. *GASP* "Ohmygosh! I've never had a voice in my head before. This is great! My name's Pinkie Pie! Are you a good voice or a bad voice? I think one of my distant relatives hears bad voices but I wanna say that you're a good voice because you sound like you're funny."

A jolly echoing laughter filled the air around her for a few seconds before the next whispering response came.

'...Indeed little Pinkie Pie...I am very funny...In fact...I am one of the funniest beings in existence...!'

"You are? Wow, you must get invited to all the best parties!"

'...Oh yes Pinkie...the very best...do you like tricks Pinkie Pie...?'

"Are they fun tricks?"

'...Yes Pinkie...they are very fun tricks...would you like me to teach them to you...?'

Little Pinkie Pie jumped for joy, "I would love that Mr-" She brought her hooves to her mouth in a small shock. "Ohmygosh! I don't even know your name and I can't just call you Mr. Voice even though that would be kind of funny and we both enjoy funny things. So what is your name Mr. Voice?"

The voices laughter filled the air once more. This time a little louder and with a slightly more sinister tone but still pleasantly jolly nonetheless.

'...My name is Cegorach Pinkie Pie...and I think we are going to be very good friends for a very long time...'

Pinkie Pie's heart swelled with happiness. Her day had gotten even better!

"Yippie!"

Author's Note:

This was originally suppose to be an Epilogue to "The Caged Maiden and Grandfather's Children" but I thought that it deserved it's own chapter.

Also, this pretty much become my head-canon whenever you cross MLP:FiM with WH40K these days. :pinkiehappy:

Thanks to Editors MarxyHooves and Nightweaver.

Comments ( 25 )

What I gathered from this is that Dash's sonic rainboom apparently opens a miniature Warp rift. Her special talent is shredding the fabric of space and time.

6885810

Well that would certainly help explain how the Rainboom(Rainbow Dash) can be weaponized so easily. (By Tellis)

6888789
...We both missed it.
How? How did I miss that too?
I think I need to be shot for this heresy...

6888099
Human colonization went on continually until the Age of Strife , which was roughly 25,000 AD to the 30th millennium. So the plague genocide of Centaur III probably had at least 20,000 years or so to get from Warp-twisted monstrosity to intelligent pony life.
That's an alarmingly short span of time for evolution to do its thing, but considering Chaos magic is explicitly involved, that's not all that impressive. The Tau, by comparison, went from cave-people slugging each other with rocks to space-traveling mech enthusiasts in less than ten millennia.

6888789
6888884

No worries. Retconian edit button solves all problems. :trollestia:

No one will be *BLAMMED!* (Today)

6888099
6889175

The story is suppose to imply that the species that did "survive" the plague event were in a genetic cocoon of sorts where the species were still suffering the negative effects of the horrors of the warp disease. The generations where the species of Centaur 3 were born with the appearances that they are known for in the present timeline was an emergence from that cocoon. Which was the end result of Ishas tampering.

After that it's just a matter of the sentient races on the planet going through their natural social evolution and civilization development. Which considering the technology levels and the assistance of stable warp powers seems pretty plausible.

Though where Celestia and Lunas emergence fits into all that I'm not sure myself.

6887867

camo.fimfiction.net/9WpV9yr0PIdSsm-JPU_atEvLTqAXaSEHBNI93ItczT8?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2Fybydf.gif

Wait... So does that make Pinkie a Harlequin ?

EVERYTHING TOTALLY MAKES SENSE NOW!!!

ayh
ayh #8 · Feb 9th, 2016 · · ·

I just realized a slight parallel between Solon/Celestia with Nurgle/Isha. Choas has fully dominated Equestria/Warp with Celestia and Isha being now subservient to their Chaos rulers. But both rulers don't over abuse their authority like any other god would.

Anyway, if the truth of Equestria's birth came to light I can see Celestia easily siding with Isha and calling her mother unconsciously just as Luna calls Solon father. Though Celestia would be rather distressed as Isha's capture is voluntary due to Slaanesh still being out there.

6919776
Hmm, didn't really consider that. Neat.

ayh

6920264 Another parallel just thought of, both live in cages with no locks and cannot leave due to the horrors of what lays beyond the cage. For Isha it's Slaanesh and for Celestia it's the Warp.

Maybe the reason why she sent Twilight out was to test the extent of the horros of the warp, though either she just really trusts Twilight to be able to handle anything or something is up that she wouldn't send her with her friends.

7001143

Glad you liked it. :twilightsmile:

I saw your comment. That was a fun little short. Kind of reminds me of something from the 1D4Chan archives. I do mean that in a good way of course.

There is actually another commentary story done by another fan of the Iron Hearts series.

Annnnd Here we go!
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/289995/entrenchment#comment/6518272

You should like that.

7001617

Interesting. Is this a DnD magic or a general fantasy magic?

I'm have a idea this for one.

7022188 What it;s all the main six have mark of chaos.

7022286

Probably not for this series.

7022588 yech but can it happen in this one?

6885810

My brain hurts.

What do the cmc look like as they grow up?

7214624

Hmm.

Not sure at the moment but that just might be something to brew on.

7217072 hey did you see my path to glory challenge on age of iron group.

6906574
But with less murder.

9997645
*glances at Cupcakes*

6614136
Meanwhile Malal's pamphlet is something along the lines of "The Fifth God and You - Sure He Doesn't Exist But At Least You Didn't Choose to Worship the Whore God"

6647751
Tzeentch takes an active role in this universe's naming conventions.

Login or register to comment