• Published 10th May 2015
  • 946 Views, 4 Comments

Mother Mayor Mare (A Mother's Day Special) - Golden Flare



Mayor Mare spends Mother's Day with her adopted son, Golden Flare.

  • ...
1
 4
 946

Mother Mayor Mare

Mother Mayor Mare (A Mother's Day Special)
By Golden Flare

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, Celestia's sun was shining, the birds were singing, and all of the ponies are celebrating Mother's Day; a day for moms all over Equestria to spend time with their loved ones, who in turn, uses this day to show how much they appreciate having them in their lives. Mayor Mare was no exception, she made it seem like she didn't have any relatives, but there was one stallion who she considered her son. She made her way to the Ponyville Café, wearing the necklace she was given to her on Hearth's Warming Day by her adopted son.

After walking inside and searching the area, she found him; a red coated stallion with blue eyes and a yellow mane and tail, but with no Cutie Mark. She made her way over to him with a smile.

"Good morning, Golden." She said.

"Good morning, mom." He replied, smiling. "Happy Mother's Day!"

She giggled, "You remembered!"

"Well, of course, I did, you're my mom!" He motioned to the table he was sitting at, "C'mon, sit, order whatever you like, it's on me."

She sat across from him, "Why, thank you, Golden! This is very kind of you!"

The waiter soon arrived, asking for their orders, Mayor Mare requested a daisy sandwich and the same for Golden, but with hayfries. The waiter nodded and headed to the kitchen.

"Hey, mom?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember the day we met? I mean, I know we're not biologically related, but I just wanted to know if you still remember."

"...Yes. I still remember. I didn't know it at first, but it was the greatest day of my life..."


Once the train settled into the Ponyville Train Station, Golden got off and began to walk away, but was stopped by the conductor, who held his hoof out in front of him.

"Hold on there, youngster." He said as he went to talk to the train driver, "I'm going to take a quick break, have somepony watch over everything until I get back." The driver nodded.

The conductor took Golden by the hoof and walked him through town, all the way up to a large, tall building and went inside. The conductor had Golden sit on a bench nearby and made his way over to a light brown mare with a silver and gray mane and tail, wearing glasses, and a scroll Cutie Mark. Golden couldn't hear what they were saying, but he noticed the mare's reactions, ranging from confusion to shock and to sadness. She looked his way and gave him a sad smile as she walked to the bench, Golden could swear that he saw tears spilling out of her eyes.

When she was in front of him, she caressed his face with a hoof, "You're a strong, little trooper, aren't you?" She asked.

Golden looked down and began to cry, "I don't know where to go...I can't go home."

"What are you talking about?" He looked up in disbelief as the mare kept her smile, "This is your home now."

More tears began to flow from his eyes, "But I don't have a family...I don't have a dad...I don't...have a mom."

The mare just kept smiling, "...Yes, you do." She swooped down and and hugged him, "I'll be your mom."

Golden sat there in shock, this total stranger was offering to be his mom? Golden didn't think much about it as he began to lose his composure and wrapped his hooves around her, bawling his eyes out. After a while, he finally calmed down and slightly sniffled.

"What's your name, little colt?" She asked.

"G-G-Golden F-Flare..." He sniffed, "W-What's yours?"

"Mayor Mare. But if you want, you can call me, 'mom'."

His lips began to tremble, "M-M-Mommy!" He pulled Mayor Mare into another hug, filling the air with dry sobs.

She turned to the conductor, "Thank you for doing this."

The conductor smiled, "Just doing what any kind pony would have done."

He returned to his post at the Train Station as Mayor Mare and Golden Flare made their way to her home and the start of his new future.


"Heh, good times, huh?" He said.

"Yes, very much so." She agreed.

The waiter came back with their food and they enjoyed it as they continued to talk, about their day, what's been happening lately, stuff like that.

"Oh! I just remembered!" Golden pulled a piece of scrap paper from in between the feathers of his left wing, "I wrote you a poem for Mother's Day!"

"Really? You didn't have to, Golden–"

"But I wanted to." He smiled, "Besides, it's your day today."

She smiled sweetly as Golden cleared his throat.

"To my mother, I write words so sweet,
To thank her for taking me in on the day that we did meet,
I went through tough times,
Now I'm reciting these rhymes,
To show her my gratitude,

"She fed me,
She clothed me,
She kept a roof over my head,
She gave me a warm bed,
And I never held towards her, a mean attitude,

"Mare and Flare together,
"Mother and son forever."

As Golden finished, Mayor Mare began to cry tears of joy for her son. Moments after, the whole café erupted into applause, clopping their hooves and whistling their congratulations to him.

"That was beautiful, son. Thank you." Mayor Mare said.

"Only the best for my mom."

Afterwards, Golden paid for their meal, just like he promised, and they decided to take a walk through Ponyville. As they began to do so, Golden spoke up,

"You know...I'm actually glad my parents tried to disown me," Mayor Mare turned to face him with a look of shock and hurt, "because if they didn't...I never would've had a mom as amazing as you." Her expression shifted immediately to gratefulness, "Thank you..." He sniffed, "...for everything." They both began to cry tears of joy as they continued on their peaceful walk.

Home isn't a place, it's where your heart is; family isn't about by biological relation, it's about those who care about you, and family will move Heaven and earth just to make you happy. Golden knew he was happy with Mayor Mare...

Because she was and still is his true mother.

The End

Author's Note:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, EVERYPONY!!!:twilightsmile::ajsmug::pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2::raritystarry::yay::moustache::trollestia:

Sorry if this is short, this was a bit last minute.

The poem was made by me, no copyright infringement involved.

Comments ( 4 )

Luv it! A great way for a Mother's day story!

I don't care if it was short, it was great nonetheless! :pinkiesmile: :twilightsmile: I just love how whenever you do these holiday specials you don't just create sad or upbeat tales but you also expand your OC's back story at the same time, truly wonderful :moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

I just read this story and boy was it so sweet! :heart:10/10 I say!

There aren't many Mayor Mare fics out there that focus on her as a whole, so first off props to you on that.

Second it was a nice show to make her a mother in the story. No one as far as I know has ever done that for her. While I see the Mane Cast as motherly figures all the time, even Trixie and such, it's nice to see the back ground characters get notice from time to time. The Old Grey Mare was a nice story done by a wonderful writer, and like this story it was well thought out, though yours had a simpler premise. nothing wrong with that! I loved how you made her a compassionate pony. :scootangel:

While I'm tired of seeing Adopt a Scootaloo fics, nice as they are, they're kind of the same now. That's part of the reason I started writing in the first place was to give recognition to others and ideas no one has done yet.

When I read this story it got me thinking about something I wrote in my story, Trixie Secretary Extraordinaire!, on how I planned to make a character in my story meet her mother after she was abandoned and her father died. I'm just glad you did this. Hope you plan to expand on it later. Otherwise i might beg you to let me do a spiritual successor to it!

Still, good job! You earned my following!

Login or register to comment