• Published 5th May 2015
  • 2,052 Views, 32 Comments

Reformation class - Lvl11Bard



Not many unicorns have a cutie mark for magic, and it seems that the ones that do go corrupt with power. So Celestia decided to conduct an experiment to see if the Princess of Friendship can turn them back onto the right path.

  • ...
4
 32
 2,052

New Arrivals

“Okay, I think we go over it one more time,” Twilight suggested as she paced back and forth in front of Sunset and Spike.

Sunset let out a sigh. “Do we have to? We've already gone over the checklist like a dozen times!”

“Welcome to my life,” Spike whispered to the unicorn.

“Anyways,” Twilight started with a glare, “we are going to pass you off as another unicorn in need of reformation so that you can gain the others trust and help them along in our lessons.”

“I know, Twilight,” Sunset sighed again.

“Sorry, I'm just worried,” Twilight smiled sheepishly. “Are you sure that you're OK without your magic?”

“I already lived without it for a few years in the human world. I think I can survive for a few weeks here,” Sunset replied.

“And do you think you can pretend to be a ne'er do well?”

“I was one,” Sunset looked bitter at the memory.

“But now your here to help teach the lessons in friendship!” Twilight was quick to point out.

“True,” Sunset's frown turned into a smile.

Twilight smiled back before continuing her inquisition. “And do you think you can get the others to trust you?”

“Twi, I got a whole high school to listen to my every word. These guys should be no problem.”

“Well I'm glad you're confident. The others should be arriving soon, so we should-”

At that moment the doors burst open to reveal Rarity, clad in purple jacket, patched at the knees, half-rim spectacles and her mane tied up in a bun. “I'm here and ready to dazzle!”

“Rarity!? Why are you dressed like that?” Twilight asked.

“I think she looks great...” Spike said dreamily.

“Well darling, the teacher look is so in right now and I have been dying to find an excuse to wear this little outfit,” Rarity replied, doing a little spin to show herself off.

“Okay, but you do know that these aren't going to be school foals, right? They're going to be criminals.” Twilight responded, shaking her head lightly.

Rarity stopped mid spin and started to tear up. “A-are you saying that I can't wear it?”


Twilight sighed. “No, you can wear it. You look great.”

Rarity began bouncing in place. “Oh, thank you, darling! I'll make sure to do my best and help where ever I can. And what about you, Sunset? What do you think?”

Sunset, who had been staring blankly at Rarity, slowly began to blink. “Sorry, you just sort of brought up a lot of bad memories I had with the teachers at Canterlot High and I'm sort of inclined to hate you.”

“Er, I don't follow,” Rarity tilted her head, confused.

“It's fine, you don't have too,” Sunset replied. “I'll go wait in the classroom.”

“You mean the library?” Twilight asked.

“Right, that,” Sunset answered before trotting off.

“Well, the new arrivals should be here any moment now. Shall we go wait for them?” Twilight turned to her ivory friend.

“Of course,” Rarity responded happily.

“H-hey! Wait for me,” Spike shouted, running after the duo.

Not even ten minutes passed before an enclosed carriage pulled by a pair of royal guards landed in front of Twilight's castle. One of the guards unhooked himself and stepped forward, bowing to the princess. “Princess Twilight Sparkle, we are here to deliver the first members of the reformation project. Are you ready to take them into your custody?”

Twilight blushed lightly at the guard's formalities, but nodded. “I am.”

The guard rose and walked back to the carriage. “Very well. First presenting one Starlight Glimmer.”

The carriage door opened and the familiar pink unicorn stepped out, her eyes hatefully glued to Twilight. “Sparkle.”

“Starlight!?” Twilight stepped back in surprise. She wasn't expecting somepony that she so recently ran into.

“First you destroy my utopia, and now I'm supposed to be some lab rat in your experiment?” Starlight spat.

“I-” Twilight tried to reply.

“Enough!” the guard shouted, startling Starlight and Twilight. “The other pony joining you today is one Beatrix Lulamoon.

Tentatively stepping out of the carriage, the blue magician kept her gaze to the ground and pout on her lips. “Oh, my,” Rarity whispered.

If Twilight was shocked before, she was now stunned. She thought that Trixie had changed for the better. “Trixie? Why are you here?”

Without lifting her head, Trixie responded “I enslaved an entire town, Sparkle. All it took is for one pony to press charges against Trixie for the guards to start hunting her down.”

“Ms Lulamoon is actually a very well behaved prisoner,” the guard added. “Princess Celestia would have pardoned her long ago if it would not set a bad example for the Equestrian law system. We believe she was chosen for this program so that her sentence could be ended as quickly as possible.”

“Well that should be easy. Don't worry Trixie, I believe you'll pass this course easily. All you have to do is trust me,” Twilight said, trotting to the performer and giving her a big smile.

Trixie looked up slightly before her eyes dilated and her cheeks turned crimson. “The Great and Powerful Trixie has no use for this course, Sparkle,” Trixie began to rant, “Trixie will pass easily for there is nothing that she needs to learn. It will be foal's play.”

“Huh, it's been a while since she's done that,” the guard muttered.

Twilight blinked a few times before speaking. “Um... OK. Rarity, would you mind showing these two to the library while I finish up with the guards?”

“Of course, darling,” Rarity hesitated for a moment, just as confused as the others.

Trixie stuck up her nose as she walked into the castle while Starlight followed, snickering at the display. She was glad that somepony knocked the special little princess down a peg, closer to everypony else, where she belonged. “Right this way, ladies. And I won't tolerate any outbursts, understood?” Rarity explained as she closed the door behind them.

As soon as the door closed, Trixie's eyes fell back to the floor. “Right, sorry.”

Rarity looked back at the blue unicorn. How odd. Why is she so polite now? What could have triggered her back there? The seamstress could only shrug as she continued towards the library. She led the others through the doorway and to the table that Sunset was sitting. “And this is our other guest who will be joining us in these lessons. Starlight, Trixie, meet Sunset Shimmer. Sunset, Starlight Glimmer and Trixie Lulamoon.” Rarity introduced the other unicorns to each other.

Sunset lazily looked over to the new comers. “Sup?”

Starlight rolled her eyes and took a seat next to Sunset while Trixie sat a couple seats down. Twilight soon walked in and faced the the group. “Alright! Are you girls ready? Sunset?”

“I guess anything's better than going back to prison,” Sunset winked to the Alicorn.

Twilight nodded. “Good. Starlight?”

“Sure! Let's all of us inferior criminals learn from the superior Princess. Maybe one day, we'll be a fraction of how special and important she is!” Starlight replied sarcastically.

“That's not true, Starlight. One of the benefits of friendship is building off each others strengths and learning from each other. I hope that you'll teach me something too.”

“Bah!” Starlight spat as she turned her head away.

Twilight sighed, but continued. “And what about you, Trixie?”

Trixie immediately shrank in her seat. “Come on, we'll be studying advance magic. Doesn't that sound fun?” Twilight pressed.

Trixie leaped out her seat, a cocky grin plastered on her face. “The Great and Powerful Trixie has no need for your teachings, Sparkle. She is the greatest unicorn to ever live. In fact, Trixie is confident that she could best you if we were to have another duel, if it weren't for this accursed ring upon her horn.”

Twilight sighed. “This isn't going to be as easy as I hoped.”

Meanwhile, Rarity studied the interactions intently. Trixie seems to become boastful whenever Twilight approaches her. Is it because Twilight's the one who wounded her ego, or could be something else? Either way, Rarity was going to figure this out.

Comments ( 12 )

Is Trixie like Helga from "Hey Arnold." :facehoof:

Sunset, who had been staring blankly and Rarity, slowly began to blink.

at*

If twilight was shocked before, she was now stunned. She thought that Trixie had changed for the better.

Twilight*

Are you sure Sunset pretending to be a criminal is such a good idea? Isn't honesty an integral part to friendship? It's gonna leave a bad aftertaste in the reformees if they find out afterward that they have been lied to by somepony they thought they could trust. I think it would make more sense to just be open about everything and have Sunset Shimmer as a positive role model from the beginning.

Also here's hoping that if you do go down the romantic route you accept SunLight as the OTP. Trixie can have Starlight as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder that Trixie now notice that Twilight is now an Alicorn.

5975318
Nopony said the plan was perfect. That's probably just Twilight trying to be clever and it's going to come back to bite her at some point.

5975318 Thanks, I corrected those as soon as I could. And no, Sunset pretending to be a criminal is not a good idea, but I'd have to take the comedy tag away if it was a story where ponies had good ideas and well thought out plans.
Also, I like SunLight too, but Twixie is my OTP.

5973767 As in, a total type A tsundere? That's how she always is in my Twixie headcanon. :pinkiehappy:

I can't wait for you to finish it! Loving it! Nice twist with prisoners! :trixieshiftright:

... They're all gonna fall in love with Twilight, aren't they

Sunset lazily looked over to the new comers. “Sup?”

that looked to obvious somehow.

To be honest, my favourites in that class are Trixie and Starlight, so I´m probably happy with every shipping that can happen.
However it seems a bit to soon for Rarity to get that special idea, but I guess she could at least notice how strange Trixie is acting.



5975318

Trixie can have Starlight as far as I'm concerned.

Yes please do exactly that:pinkiehappy: Well I like the Twixie shipping too, but since they are both my favourites, that shipping would be the best outcome for me.

6786059
There is a site where you can watch pony comics for free online, but I would rather suggest you buy the issues. For me it's a necessary evil where I life they have translated the comics in my native language and its really a very poor translation indeed. So terrible it sometimes breaks even character doesn't make sense at all.

Not all of the IDW Comics are good but there are some real gems in them. The best ones are in my opinion the 1st main story arc (The one with Chrysalis.) The entire fiendship is magic series. (Though the sirens one is kinda weak compared to the others with 1st (Sombra) story and the last (Chrysalis) being the strongest. The mirror verse arc is also really good. And my last favorite but I think that's because I'm a bit bias is Trixie two story arc in which tries to help manehatten police to capture a cut burglar but ends up being framed in being the burglar herself.

Best Artist for the comics is Andy Price in my opinion. As for the writers well they all have their ups and downs.

Question: Update?

I would like to have a new chapter please.

Login or register to comment