• Published 30th Apr 2015
  • 1,973 Views, 49 Comments

Late Night Job - Crystal Night



Sugar Dream finds a perfect job, along with a new friend.

  • ...
6
 49
 1,973

Chapter Seven: Old Friend

If Bonnie could be standing right in front of a mirror, he would see his dopey grin.
Much to his surprise the whole night went astonishing well. Yea, he got a bit nervous at first, but a little help here and there got the show rolling in the right direction.
"Equestria calls Bonnie." - a familiar voice chinned in.

"Umm, oh, Freddy, sorry I didn't noticed you."
The brown bear smiled.
"I wonder why."

"You guys helped a lot, thank you for everything."

"Don't sweat it kid." - he waved his hand. "However, you're cleaning the dining room and the roof."

"Okay." Just like that he was gone. Freddy simply tilted his head. He was waiting for him to complain or something.
"Well, he just killed the fun."


Sugar decided to wake up a bit more earlier than usual. Afterall she intented to pay her friend a visit and tell the lastest news.
After eating her breakfast, the yellow pony made her way towards the train station. It had been a rather long time since she last saw Pinkie.
Working night shifts wasn't proving to be difficult, granted she had someone to spend the nights with. As she boarded and took her seat, Sugar's thoughts drifted to Bonnie.
He had been so gentle and nice to her in the last couple of nights. It was surprising really. Sugar was never really lucky when it got to love or relationships.
She just wished she could spend more time with him. Well, there was a way, but probably not the best.

"Next stop, Ponyville."


Sugarcube Corner. "After all this time, it didn't change, not even one bit." - she thought.
Sugar took a deep breath and opened the door, immediately being assalted by the sweet smells.
"Sugar!" - someone quickly yelled and was caught in a crushing hug.

"Pinkie...air...please!"

"Oh, sorry." The pink pony let her go, rubbing the back of her head with a smile.
Being able to breath again was nice, but it was even greater seeing her friend.
"It's been a while." - commented Sugar.

"Yep, just give me a few seconds to serve the other tables." - and with that said she was gone in a flash of pink.

Sugar decided to take a seat in the far side of the room, away from the others and watched Pinkie going from table to table, until it was her turn.
"Let me guess, apple juice with a chocolate muffin right?"
The yellow pegasus raised an eyebrow.
"You still remember what I like?"

"Of course I do, silly."

Her eyes scanned the little shop, nothing much changed, besides being more table and chairs. It still had that cozy look she loved.
The party pony came back with her order, setting on the table and taking a seat herself.
"I'm so happy to see you again! What brings you here?"

"Pinkie have you ever heard about a restaurant that used animatronics for parties back in Manehattan?"

"Hmm, I think so, Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria? Wasn't that place closed?"

"It is, but I'm working there as security guard doing the night shift."

"Oooooh! How is it?" Pinkie practically jumped over the table. She knew about that place and always wanted to go there one day.
Sugar simply giggled.
"It's actually quite fun since the animatronics are still there."

"Gotta tell me more!" Pinkie could barely contain her excitement.
One hour went flying away as Sugar told how her shifts went, getting a few giggles here and there from her friend.
"You know, I think Bonnie likes you~"

"I like him too, he's nice."

"You silly, I'm saying he likes likes you."

"Oh." Her cheeks suddenly got red from the sudden realization, that would explain some of his behaviours when around her. Was it possible though? To feel love?
"Well, he's been nice to me since I got there."

"Go on."

"He's also quite funny and helpful."
Now that she now had a moment to stop and think, a lot of stuff was starting to make sense. The dinner, dancing on the roof, the way he talked to her. How could have she been so blind? How had she not noticed this before?
"By sweet Celestia, he does like me!" For the most part, Pinkie just clapped her hooves.
"What are you going to do?" - inquired Pinkie.

The question caught her off guard a bit. What was she going to do now? Bonnie had shown a clear interest in her. It's been such a long time since... Deep down, her own heart also showed certain feelings for him. Could she love someone again? Could she be loved? Was she worth it? For real this time? The questions, the doubt, it was slowly eating at her.
"I-I...I don't know..." - that was the only reply Sugar was able to give.

"Don't let those questions take you down sunshine."

"How do..." - for a brief moment she forgot that was Pinkie, in other words, just toss logic out the window but her friend had a fair point. "Nevermind.". She couldn't let these questions get in her way. Perhaps this was the chance to finally find that special one, the one to share her life with.
She glanced at her friend with a determined look.
"You're right Pinkie!"

"Well duh." - Pinkie giggled.
She gave her friend a hug.
"Thanks Pinkie. Now let's talk a bit about you."
The pink pony shared many of her crazy aventures with her friends and a romantic interest in a pony named Cheese.
When the time was right they had to give goodbye's, Sugar promised to write her letters once in a while.


Sugar took a deep breath and with a new found determination, she entered the old building.
Sugar took her seat in the office, slowly drinking her coffee while looking at the cameras, more specifically towards Bonnie.
"You know I'm watching you silly." - she said to one.

The purple bunny turned his head to face the camera and winked, just as the screen flickered. The bunny was soon gone from his spot.
The yellow pegasus laid back waiting for him. She had a few things to ask and tell him, still not sure how though. Things related to love always have been somewhat confusing to her.

*knock* *knock*
The knocking caught her attention as she noticed Bonnie as just outside her office door.
"Something wrong Sugar?"

"Ah no, just thinking." Sugar looked down at her mug of coffee and then back at him. "Actually we need to talk."

Comments ( 5 )

Shouldn't a one-shot only be one chapter long?

So, are we gonna get this year's chapter? XD

No but seriusly, it would be nice to get another chapter of this fic

11757848
I know, but I've been very busy with work and such, also lack of motivation and creative ideas.
I'll try but no promises.

11758636

Is ok, i understand. I myself have had problems with IRL stuff and creativity when it comes to my fics. I just wanted to know if you’ll still be willing to work on this fic

Login or register to comment