• Published 30th Apr 2015
  • 1,970 Views, 49 Comments

Late Night Job - Crystal Night



Sugar Dream finds a perfect job, along with a new friend.

  • ...
6
 49
 1,970

Chapter One: First Impressions

It's been a while since Sugar Dream had a job, but know she needs more than ever.
She needed money to pay her bills and food. Badly.
After months of checking newspapers and talking with some friends, she was losing hope. She even tried the job center.
Manehattan was a great and beautiful city, always busy.
Unfortunately for Sugar that was going to be one those days, still searching for a job, in the end of day still nothing.
Feeling tired from trotting around, she decided to take a break, also a little hungry.
She ordered the waiter a glass of water and a chocolate muffin.

"This is so pointless, I won't be able to find a job in time."- she thought.
She only had a few days to pay her bills, if she couldn't...
"I never thought finding a job was going to be so hard."
The waiter came back with her request. Carefully, he placed the glass of water and the chocolate muffin on the table with his magic.
He went back inside after she paid.
Sugar placed a hoof on her forehead.
"Dear Celestia, please help me."- she continued deep in her thoughts.

Grabbing the muffin she took a few bites, she glanced on the other tables trying to find a newspaper or something.
By random luck, one of tables had a newspaper. Opening the newspaper in job section, she looked in high expectations.
Until Sugar raised her left eyebrow.

Help Wanted

Security guard needed to take care of restaurant. Night shift. 6 hours.
5 bits per hour.

She kept reading more until she found a phone number and a address.
A smile grew on her face. Using her right hoof, she grabbed and drank the water with one big sip. After that she picked the rest of the muffin and she ate it, actually, devoured.
Lifting from her seat, she trotted down the street hoping to find a phone booth.
Finally, after days and days of searching she had found one, but one question remained in her mind.
Minutes later, she was dialing the number.
The phone rang for a couple of seconds, until somepony finally answered. Sugar breathed softly.

"Hello? Hello?"- said the voice, definitely a stallion's voice.
She took a deep breath. This was her chance.
"Hey there!"

"How are you?"- the stallion asked.

"Fine, thanks for asking."

"How can I help you?"
Still holding the newspaper, she answered.
"Well, you see, I was looking for a job and then I found this one about being a security guard for a restaurant."
After a brief silence, he continued.
"I remember now, I posted myself. What's about it?"

"I was wondering if there was an opening for me?"- she asked with a hopefull tone in her voice. "You see, I really need this job."- she pleaded.
The stallion thought for a while.
"Sure, it's a simple job."

"D-Do I need any kind of skill for this job?"
He laughed.
"Actually, you don't. You only need to check the cameras, nothing else." Sugar sighed, this was the question she had in her mind.

"Great, when can I start?"

"How about tonight?"- he questioned.
Sugar lifted a hoof to her chin while tilting her head to the side.
"Sure, why not?"

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you in the restaurant security office."
After placing the phone down, she started jumping around from the deep happiness she was feeling until she noticed everypony was looking at her. She blushed, her reaction remembered her from certain pink mare she knew.
Calming herself, she decided to go back home to take some rest.

It was night time when she arrived at the restaurant. Perfect timing.
She noticed the establishment seemed to be pretty old. "Freddy Fazbear Pizza"
"I can do this!"- she thought.

While trotting through the dark hallways, she found some drawings, propably from young ponies. Good thing she actually thought about bringing a flashlight with her.
Before she made her way to the security office, Sugar decided explore the place to become accustomed.
The main room was big, having six rectangular tables with some party hats.
She turned her head around to see three animatronics standing still. One of them was a brown bear with a classy hat.
The other one was a yellow chicken holding a small pink cupcake. For some reason the cupcake had eyes.
Finally, the third member was purple bunny. Also holding something, a red and white guitar.

Trotting past them, she didn't noticed a strange pairs of eyes following her closely.
Shivers went through her spine. Almost like a bad feeling.
Shifting her gaze behind her, she stared at them.
"Nah, you silly."- she thought before continuing through the room.

She came across with a door saying "Service Parts - Only employees". She tried to open, but the door was shut tight.
Continuing her journey, she found Pirate's Cove. Unfortunately the board said "Out of Order".
Taking a sneak peek through the curtains, she saw what appeared to be a fox dressed as pirate. That made some sense.
The most strange thing, he seemed to be in a bad state, with several holes.

Now, sitting on the office chair, she grabbed a tablet. The tablet was connected to the cameras, showing some places she passed by.
Also, it showed the layout of the restaurant.
The place was really quiet, besides the sound of the fan.
Suddenly, the phone rang.
Sugar Dream almost fell from her chair. Quickly, she picked up the phone.

"Hello? Hello?"

"Hey again!"- she said with some relief.

"I'm sorry for not being there, but I got sick. Oh, by the way, my name is Purple Mystery ."

"Oh, don't worry, I'm fine, I'm Sugar Dream."- she told him. "I gave a little check through this place. Looks a really nice place to stay."
There was brief moment of silence.
"Yeah anyway your job, well basically is just check the cameras and see if everything is in place."
She raised an eyebrow.
"Like I said, it's a simple job. Doesn't require a lot to do."

"If you say so."- she said while smiling,but she had a certain feeling about all this.

"Alright, I guess that all for tonight, See ya in the flip side." With that said he ended the phone call, not even waiting for her reply.

"Okie!"- she said to herself. Looking to the clock, she saw it was already 3am. "This is going to be fun!"- she stated while grabbing the tablet.
Not even noticing a strange presence she continued with her job.
"Indeed!"- he spoke in a low voice while smiling.
This was going to be long night for sure.

Author's Note:

Like I said, one-shot story,I really like FNAF and when I saw this image, I had to try.
I don't how many chapters this story will have, maybe two or three.
Anyway thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed :twilightsmile: