• Published 30th Apr 2015
  • 1,972 Views, 49 Comments

Late Night Job - Crystal Night



Sugar Dream finds a perfect job, along with a new friend.

  • ...
6
 49
 1,972

Chapter Four: Mechanical Feelings

When Sugar Dream finally arrived her home, she was exhausted and very, very sleepy. This was the first time she had job like this one, the yellow mare wasn't used to stay late at night. Not like this.
She wanted to reach her bed, but her body was too tired to move, so she decided to just sleep on the couch. At least the couch was fluffy.

The pegasus laid her back on the couch, looking at the ceiling with half open eyes. She started recalling the events of today. Never in her life, she would actually meet, well living mechanical beings.
Slowly her eyes closed, she would need a lot of rest, after all Sugar intended to return to the old restaurant, to visit a certain friend.

Back in the restaurant, that friend was walking back or forward, glancing at the ground intensely.
He stayed awake up since last night, the events still in his mind, creating several questions. Each time the restaurant would get a new security guard, he would scare them, after all this was their home, even if was very old, but the memories still remain inside these very walls.

But this time was different. He tried. Yet, he failed. And now they had a new cute night guard. Scratch that part.
Even if they're robots, they could still have emotions, that small part made their job a lot easier.

Why is she so different? Why do I feel happy next to her? Why isn't she affraid of me?

"If you keep doing that, we might need a new floor."- a voice disturbed his thoughts.
Bonnie raised his eyes, meeting a brown bear wearing a nice black bow tie with a top hat.

"Sorry, but I have a lot in my circuits."
Freddy chuckled.
"You mean in your memory?"
He gave a confused look, finally coming to a stop.
"I don't get it."

The mechanical bear wrapped an arm his neck, giving him a simple smile.
"We notice you two last night."

The purple rabbit glanced away.
"I don't know what you are talking about."

After a couple of seconds, Freddy decided to break the silence.
"You like her don't you?"

Bonnie wasn't sure, but he could swear his systems crashed and something like that.
"No, of course not! That ridiculous, I'm a robot and she's a pony!"

"Argh maty, I see you're lying, only using one eye."
Freddy and Bonnie turned theirs heads to meet Foxy. Apparently he had a chef hat on his head, saying Let's Cook Yep, definitly from Chica. The pirate glanced up. "Ups, me bad." With his hook, he took off the hat.

"But you have two eyes."- Bonnie replied, getting a giggle from Freddy.

"That's not the only thing."- the bear added.

"Hardy Har! Don't you change the cannon on me rookie." Foxy stepped inside the service parts room. "I heard the conspiracy." Bonnie huffed, sometimes dealing with Foxy and his verbal expressions wasn't well, and with the current state it wasn't clearly working, Foxy noticed his expression. "Alright, time to drop the act, answer the question!"

"What question?"- he pretended.
Foxy scratched his chin, looking into his eyes.
"If you don't answer, I will tell Chica who burned the cupcakes." When he said that, Bonnie's jaw dropped. He knows? How? The rabbit was new when it came to cooking, let's just say the first time was...bad. "I'm a fox remember?"

Freddy and Foxy stared at each other before gazing back at Bonnie. He dropped his shoulders in defeat.

"Yes, I do..."

"So why don't you just tell her?"

"I thought you heard me, I'm a robot and she's a pony, we don't combine. Metal and Flesh."
Foxy facepalmed.
"Say the truth." When Bonnie refused to answer, he turned around, heading towards the door.

"Wait! Please!

Works everytime. The fox smiled. "I just...don't know how to tell her..."
Still keeping his arm around his neck, he pulled him closer.
"That's the easy part. Here, Uncle Freddy will teach you."

"Don't forget about me sailor."

"But you are not uncle."
Freddy and Foxy both facepalmed, which made Bonnie even more confused.
"It's just an expression Bonnie."

After finished sleeping for an entire day, Sugar woke up. Her mane was a mess and she decided to take a quick shower, she still had one hour left to get ready.
The shower made her relaxed her muscles, but during her bath, her thoughts about Bonnie came into her mind once more.
Sugar once had a very special somepony, unfortunately he left her. Sugar was a happy mare, even in the worst case scenarios, but deep in her heart she missed one true thing.

Love.

Being loved by somepony else.

He's very gentle and funny. Even for a robot.

She already admitted he was cute. Maybe tonight she could spend more time with him.
After cleaning herself, she went to the kitchen and made a flower sandwich. Her favourite. A quick glance to the clock made her eyes shot open. Oh no, I'm late!

Sugar grabbed her keys and closed the door behind her. I still have fifteen minutes left, I guess I lost track of time in the shower.

She kept trotting down the street, due to being late, the sidewalks are nearly empty, at least she didn't have to dodge incoming ponies.
Manehattan was a busy city during the day, but at night it was rather peaceful.
Eventually she arrived the old restaurant, gasping for air. I need to do more exercise.

When she enter the establishment she felt something strange. It's too quiet. She gazed at the stage, confirming her suspicions. Where did they go? Sugar looked at the other side of the dinner room. Foxy was also missing.

A cough caught her by surprise. She quickly turned around, her eyes meeting Bonnie.
"You scared me, you know that?" She continued to stare at him, until she notice he was wearing a black bow tie and a top hat.

Strange, I could swear yesterday he didn't have those.- Sugar thought to herself.

Nice start dummy...- Bonnie mentally facepalmed.

Author's Note:

Finally after a looooong time, a new update, I guess I just needed some time to think more about this story since I'm busy doing busy stuff. It's kinda smaller then the other ones, but I hope you can still enjoy :twilightsmile: