• Published 14th May 2012
  • 9,575 Views, 385 Comments

The Night Shift - totallynotabrony



What do you do when you've been turned into a vampire? For Cheerilee, the answer is "get a second job."

  • ...
11
 385
 9,575

Sequel

The next piece of the story:

Murder on the Mind

Comments ( 15 )

stop fucking teasing me, tnab

588228 sequel to what?:twilightoops:

1165338
Heck, I've contemplated writing a story where Cheerilee is Alucard.

If you've read A Dream you'll understand Valiant a little better.

1169278

If you're reading this, then you've probably read that whole post I made about characters, earlier, but aaaa
Anyways, mostly, I think it's that we want to see multiple facets of his personality in the work we're reading, as opposed to seeing only his jerk side and having to read an entire other fifty-two chapter story understand that he's not such a bad guy, after all. Otherwise, that's all he comes off as, a jerk with no other aspects to his personality.

1197389
No, Valiant is completly a jerk. He's just funnier in A Dream.

1199304

Oh... Well, I guess that's the end of it, then?

Oh well. I enjoyed the vampire Cheerilee series, anyway. Good show. Jolly good show.

1199594
Next week I'm posting a new one. Also, check out Dark Operations

1199651

Oh god, and Murder on the Mind at the same time. You're killing me, man.

I love it.

Vampire Cheerilee is going to become a thing, and it will be a great thing.

Just got done reading this... I have to say... Pretty exciting!

595491 I know that I'm late to the party here, but I'd like to make a few comments of my own. I'll admit that I haven't read the main Valiant storyline, but from the way he's presented here, he does come off as a Mary Sue. Even an antisocial jerk can be a Mary Sue under the right circumstances. He's an antisocial jerk to everyone, up to and including the princesses. As you say, everyone else hates him, yet he seems to suffer absolutely no consequences for his actions. He lives with Twilight for free. He gets free clothes from Rarity because she has so few stallions willing and able to model for her. The princesses, even without the elements, are among the most powerful beings in the world, while the element bearers have used weaponized friendship to defeat some of their biggest threats, yet everyone decides to pretend he's insane because it's too much trouble to imprison him. I do find if somewhat incongruous that individuals who can beat Nightmare Moon and Discord can't figure out how to defeat a regular pony.

When a story bends over backwards to give a character everything he wants without holding him accountable for his actions, then there's a pretty good chance that the character has wandered into Mary Sue territory.

Again, I have not read the main Valiant storyline, so I apologize if I am missing anything important to his characterization, but this is just something that can be easily inferred from the way he is presented here.

5579767 Thank you. I've enjoyed the Vampire Cheerilee series so far, but I felt the need to put in my two cents on the matter. :twilightsmile:

6667433 I legitimately don't remember making that comment.

7759573 Glad you approve. :raritystarry: They should have just used their words. :ajsmug: I've had this series tracked for years, finally got around to reading it yesterday, and I love it. Going start on the second sequel today.

Login or register to comment