• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 6,842 Views, 101 Comments

Cut it Out - Kickback



Aria Blaze falls in love. This could possibly be the worst thing to happen ever.

  • ...
16
 101
 6,842

Rock Show

This goes out to anyone whose heart beats like a kick drum
When a bitchin' riff comes
Knows the words to every line, every time
And you know you gotta go get some, get pumped
Find yourself and lose it at the
Rock show!


Stupid....s-stupid Adagio...

This was all her fault...and that idiot, Sonata, that stupid...stupid idiot.

Aria's hand kept grasping at the space where her neck connected to her shoulders. As if the next time her fingers grabbed desperately between her collarbones, she'd feel something small, hard and smooth there. Like it had always been. Yet, every time she touched that spot, it was void, stopping dead at the stupid gold patch wrapped around the black leather that made up what was left of her necklace.

Aria glanced down at the useless ornament for a split second before screaming through her teeth, yanking it from her neck. She didn't even give it another look as she threw it into the darkness. Her knees scooted closer to her chest and she buried her face in her folded arms. She didn't cry though, Aria Blaze did...not...cry...

How c-could this have happened? They had done it! They had won!!

They rose through the ranks of the dumb battle of the bands thing because, you know, duh, of course they did. Aria had to admit that it got better as it went on but it still sucked. That one guy wasn't too bad, she didn't give shit about his name but his jacket was cool, his stupid spiky blue hair will go unmentioned however. Before she knew it, it was that pompous magician bitch up on stage, spewing some half-assed 'song' that sounded like it was written five minutes ago.

The dumb Rainbow girls were up next and finally, they saw it. The magic they had yearned for for so long and that arrogant blue dyke was showing it off with her 'awesome wannabe' song or whatever, as if putting on a private show just for them.Then Bacon-girl tackled her off stage. It was funny.

Except..."Uhh, Dagi'?"

"Yes, Sonata?"

"How do we get their magic now?"

"We make some fake ballets." She stood up. "C'mon, girls."

Hypnotizing humans can be so much fun sometimes. Just once, Aria wished she could have it her way and maybe make the stupid principles just flat-out punch eachother in the face. Who knows? Maybe they'd bleed the same colour as their hair. Aria tugged at the bands along her arm as the taller one announced who would go up against them tonight in the finals, not that she was listening, she already knew who it would be. Not the band she was going to say. She hung back while Toothpaste and Cheesehead walked out on stage.

"See you at tonight's big show, Rainbooms. We are really looking forward to it." Aria just smirked and rolled her eyes. She looked to side as her sisters approached her, Adagio already practically glowing with stupid, sexy smugness.

"Y-yeah, well-Not as much as we are!" Aria caught the rainbow bitch's eye for a split second. She walked off with her sisters, flipping her off the whole time. How the entire school just turned on them was almost mouth-watering. Soon...

And you know, manipulating humans without even having to sing was even more fun.

Aria folded her arms as she looked out at the stupid giant pringle that was apparently the stage for their rise to power. She couldn't believe it, did no one stop and think about just how the thing was shaped while they were building it? It was a giant fucking pringle! Adagio snickered when the annoying boastful bitch, Trixie confronted the painblosoms. She just laughed when Bacon-hair and her possy got dropped into a hole. It was great.

Cheesehead clasped her hands together. "Told you someone would give them a shove."

"She didn't shove them." Aria turned to Toothpaste. "She pulled the lever."

Snap.

"WHY. ARE. YOU. SO. STUPID!?!"

The amount of angry shoulder shaking, shouting and strangling that happened afterwards shall go unmentioned. However, the fact that a certain idiot did in fact not die that day shall.

Aria could not believe what Adagio made her wear. I mean, who the Hell wears white and purple striped leggings? It was fucking freezing too! Her bare arms felt as though they were going to just straight up break off. Oh, wait, they weren't bare. No because Adagio made her put on these stupid GREEN and white striped...THINGS on her hands! And what even was her skirt...or was it a dress, she didn't know and apparently, the fucking designer didn't know either! Yeah, let's show as little as possible of her ass but the front? Oh, that's all gravy. Truly, a fashion masterpiece! At this rate, she'd beat that Gaga in no time.

But seriously, why couldn't she wear what she wanted to? Aria crossed her arms and glanced over to her sisters. And what was with Cheesehead and weird triangle patterns, nevermind that, where does she get head-bands that you can use for murder? Still, at least she didn't look like a tiny purple umbrella. The tie The Worst wore under her pendant was not cute, nope, not super adorable at all. At least after a quick look at her magical seahorse demon siblings, she didn't feel like such a slut.

That didn't mean she didn't want something inside her right now.

Oh, good, Miss. Holier than Thou is finished. "Try to top that."

Aria rolled her eyes. "Piece o' cake, Bitch."

They all stopped and stared at her, Trixie looking mortified. Adagio's indignant shock gave way to sly snickering and Sonata just laughed the girliest laugh as the wannabe stormed off stage, growling. Aria chuckled lightly but stopped when she felt it, she knew the others did aswell. They each glanced to the stage, hovering just over the trap door was possibly the most beautiful thing she had seen in a long, long time. Sonata squeed. Magic. True, Equestrian magic, right there, waiting for them to take it as their own. It really had been just...so long. Almost brought a tear to her eye.

She turned to her sisters, their faces matched her own. Nothing needed to be said. In their devilish and hungry grins, she found kindred spirits. As the beat started and they sashayed on stage, surrounded by the power they had yearned for for centuries, she knew that the whole world will adore them and nothing could stop them now. She sang almost effortlessly but better than ever. She could already feel her amulet drinking in the magic and by Tartarus, did it feel good. It was almost overwhelming feeling like this again after all this time. She could feel it building inside her as she sang.

Aria barely needed to move or sing at all and still, the love and praise draining from the humans bathed her and her sisters. Still, she sang and she danced. For whatever reason, she couldn't focus her eyes, they kept darting back and forth amongst the crowd, as if looking for someone. At this point, she didn't much care about anything. It was going to be good again and maybe, just maybe, if they found a way...they could return home.

"Well make you wanna stay~ay~"

She closed her eyes. This was it, the magic, she felt her body crawl with it. Her feet floated off the stage, their was a brief surge of pain in her back as she felt it consume her. Her hair grew wildly, the star-shaped bands flying off as it flailed about freely. An extension formed, almost as if becoming a tail behind her. She felt an ethereal tingling as her ears disappeared, replaced by the equine-like receptors that spawned atop her head. There was another bout of pain but as soon as it was there, it was gone, her magic released, forming a pair of fin-like wings that protruded from her back. She gave a quick glance to the side and saw the same thing had happened to her sisters, their hair was unhindered and the growths on their back all the more reminded them of her true nature.

They were goddesses.

And that's about the point where things started to go wrong. Horribly wrong...

They had done it, they had won.

Their power was restored and these stupid girls thought they could just march in and take it back? No, no way was she giving this up for anything. Her true form exposed for all to see, she fought alongside her sisters with malice. She took on the stupid butterflies and diamonds that they threw at them like it was nothing and she sang, the power and the music flowing through her, guiding her into the fight. They were losing and they knew it, they brought them to their knees with nothing but their voices. They had won.

Then Bacon-girl picked up the microphone. Really? Does the she-demon really wanna go? Nuh-uh, this shit ain't gonna fly.

Wait, what the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE RAINBOW SHIT?! That actually hurt. Aria shook her head and bared her teeth at the stupid band in the distance. That quickly gave way to shock. No, no way. Bacon-hair does not also have magic, no way! Stop singing, stop levitating, you're cheating! Seriously, what is that rainbow thing? WHY DOES IT HAVE WINGS?! Wait a second. Aria looked down at the crowd, they were all singing. They were all singing their song. They weren't looking at them, they weren't adoring them. Stop it. Stop singing. No, no way, this isn't happening. That's it, some bitch is going to die. Aria glanced up.

Her ears folded back.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCKER FUCK IS THAT GIANT BLUE SPACE HORSE??!?! Oh, good, it was shooting rainbows at them. Ow. OW!

When the dust cleared, she found herself on her knees and her head hurt like Hell. Everything hurt like Hell, as if someone had just ripped out what was keeping her all together.

She groaned. "Argh, Dagi'? You okay?"

By the sound of it, she wasn't alone in the pain department. "Y-yeah. Sonata?"

No answer.

Sniff.

At that, she turned to her sister. Both her and Adagio stared as she brought her hands up to her face, kneeling, almost cradling herself. Her eyes watered and her lip quivered as she stared down at her palms. Aria gasped as her eyes widened, her hand immediately went for her jewel. Nothing.

Aria cast her gaze back down and her breath caught in her throat.

"No..."

For a moment, she stared down at the crimson shards heaped in a small pile in front of her, like it was the most useless thing in the world. Her chest began to heave in quick, shallow breaths. "No, no, no."

The edges of her hair brushed against the floor. "No. No!" Aria clawed at the stage, digging up what was left of her gem. Whatever she scratched up fell from her grip. "No! No...No!" She picked up the two biggest pieces and pushed them together. For a moment, she smiled, they stuck. She went for another piece but as soon as she moved, they broke apart, her fingers now only holding a single chunk of her jewel while the other fell to the ground like a hunk of rock."NO!"

Aria fell to her hands and knees once more, struggling for air. Her eyes shrunk and she gave a quick look to her sisters. Adagio just sat there, unblinking, her mouth agape, staring down at nothing in particular. Sonata was crying, almost silently as she hugged the remains of her gem to her chest as tight as possible, as if it would merge with her once more if she tried hard enough.

She growled and hurriedly scooped up every fragment she could and brought them up to her neck, she squeezed with all her might, hoping, praying. As soon as her hands let go of the pieces, they fell to ground, a few catching on her dress. She choked up, feeling a few tears gather at the corners of her eyes. "Please, no..."

She looked up. The crowd's expression had changed. The humans gazed up at her, at them. All confused and maybe even concerned. She didn't care. Her gaze rose up to the girls high on the hilltop. They looked the same. How dare they look upon her with pity? They had just taken everything from her and from them and they have the nerve to look at her like that?

"I'll kill 'em."

It was barely above a whisper. Her brow furrowed and teeth bared so hard, her gums began to bleed. "I'll kill 'em."

She didn't even notice Adagio and Sonata looking up at her through puzzled, teary expressions as she rose to her feet. "Aria...?"

"I'll kill 'em."

"Aria, stop."

There were mumblings in the crowd now. Her hands balled up into fists. "I'll kill them!"

They were all starting to back away, that concern gave way to fear. Good. She felt weak, drained but she staggered onward. "Aria!"

"I'LL KILL THEM!!"

She snapped.

"Aria!"

"Lemme go, Dagi'!"

"Aria, we have to go!"

"I'LL KILL 'EM ALL!"

"Sonata, help me!"

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!"

"Aria! We're leaving!"

They were all crying now. "YOU'VE KILLED US!"

"ARIA!"

"YOU'VE KILLED US!!"

"Aria, calm down!"

"YOU KILLED US!!!"

"Dagi'..."

"C'mon, Sonata! We're taking...Aria...home!"

"YOU KILLED US! I'LL KILL YOU!!"

They dragged her away. Through all the screams and the rage, they pulled her away. They didn't bring her home though, they tried. She broke away and she ran. She was crying but she ran, she didn't care where, just away. She didn't want to look at her sisters, see her own face staring back at her, seeing the tears and the loss. So much loss.

She ducked into a alley and fell to her knees. She huddled there, cradling herself. Alone.

And that brings us up to date.

She had no idea how long she had spent there, hours maybe? She was beginning to not care. Sooner or later, she'd have to go and face them, maybe Adagio had a plan for this? She always did tend to plan for everything. She could only hope. Her worst fear had just been turned into a reality, a very real reality. Could they even be referred to as Sirens anymore? Without their pendants, they were just ordinary human girls. She felt disgusted with herself, for first time in her life, she was actually one of them and if she wanted to live, she'd have to accept that.

Still, not living sounds better and better as the minutes go by.

Just how could this have actually happened? It was theirs, the magic was theirs and just as soon as they got it, it was taken from them and to add insult to injury, they broke their pendants. The one thing that they kept closer to their hearts then their own lives and they shattered them. Useless bits of crimson, lifeless stone left behind. What were they going to do now? They relied so much on those stupid things. Never again will she feed.

Aria glanced down at the wet spots staining the stupid glove things she was wearing. She growled and ripped them from her arms, throwing them into the darkness.

Aria sprung up slightly at the sound of footsteps. Even more so when they started closing in on her. She didn't budge though, why? Because the next thing she heard was the faintest buzzing of tiny speakers blaring. She watched him walk up to her, pulling out his headphones and never taking his eyes off her.

He stood in front of her. She just stared up at him as he stared down. There was cracking in the sky, Aria always liked thunder. A single drop of rain fell on the bridge of her nose.

"Hey."

"...Hey."

He crouched down so that were at eye-level. Aria watched him intently, a new emotion stirring in her chest. Gone was the sickness, gone was the disdain, she didn't think she could hate if she tried, all there was within her was sorrow. He moved, reaching his hand out to her, he laid his palm against her knee.

She was overcome.

Aria cried out and lunged at him. He opened up to catch her as she began to cry again, there was no use saying she didn't. She wrapped her arms around his neck loosely but his grip on her tightened around her body. She buried her face into the crook of his neck and let him hold her, just for a little bit. She needed it, she needed just a little bit of this. She didn't even care. Aria felt broken, just like her pendant.

Her eyes dried over time and when she wasn't sniffing or wailing anymore, she tightened her grip around him. "Hey?" He spoke up.

"Yeah?" She muttered.

"What're you wearing?"

She laughed. It felt good. Slowly, they separated but Aria kept one hand on his shoulder. "I don't know."

"C'mon." He said, standing up, his grip on her bringing her to her feet aswell. "Let's get you in something a bit more respectful." He smiled.

She loved that smile.

With all the sadness clouding her mind, there was no room for anything else. At least, that's what she thought. Aria felt changed in that split second. Little did she know that there was a completely different emotion filling her form. Guiding her. One that she had damned but it felt...right. Everything about it felt rushed but the rush felt good, it was all so sudden but she liked it.

And she knew he was the one that made her feel like that.

He started walking away, his hand slipping from her. She reached out and clasped it with her own. He stopped and turned to face her, confused. Her grip squeezed around his palm, a shaky grimace fell over her face and she felt like she may just throw up again.

But she didn't.

She leaned up to him, squeezing her eyes shut and planted a forceful kiss on his lips.

She pulled back not two seconds later, barely catching the shocked look on his face as she stared off to the side. Her cheeks felt incredibly hot and a tiny smile replaced her once indignant frown. She didn't even look at him when he smiled at her again. She gripped his hand tighter.

"You're the worst."

Author's Note:

Not happy with this ending but...this is all I had planned.

Keep on rockin', everypony.

Comments ( 18 )

Huh, wow.
Honestly, kinda anti-climactic, but it did leave us off at a high note.
It was also rather heart-wrenching with Aria's freak out.
So it kinda good, but also kinda boring while also kinda giving us an open ending, kinda.

Hm... This seems like kind of a downer ending for the Dazzlings, (naturally, villains and all) but the way it all went, I think it fits. Aria spent most of the story being a massive bitch, so that she takes it as hard as she does seems karmatically balanced, if that makes sense. She has someone to make it better where the others don't, (as far as we know, they were out of focus after all...) but it sounds like she needed it more right then. Kind of an abrupt ending, but that was pretty much the case for the source material too, so that's probably fine.

Overall, I liked this story. :pinkiesmile:

That was sweet! :twilightsmile: Sucks the story's over. :ajsleepy:

5984031 You say just the nicest things

do you planned a sequel? it was good but to short for me. It is just that i prefer longer storys.

The ending was cute.

... Well what am I sposed to do with my life now? :raritydespair:

Cute. Makes me want a sequel, though.

Bravo, good sir! Bravo. A nice, simple sweet romance story.

With Rock.

What's not to love?

10/10 would read again.

That's was one cute way to end a story. :pinkiesad2:

Bittersweet, both for us and for Aria. Loved every minute

Goddamn it, it can't end! It's too good!

Thanks for sating my desire for an Aria romance story (that doesn't ship her with Sonata anyway). It was a fun read, and I definitely like enjoyed the personality you built onto her. :twilightsmile:

Finally sat down and read this. Should've done it sooner. It was definitely not the worst. Gonna join in the chorus for a sequel, however.

oh aria blaze you can be better then that i want a you become better girl now can we

8727338
Mate...are you correcting me on a very subtle spelling mistake I made 3 years ago?

Login or register to comment