• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 6,842 Views, 101 Comments

Cut it Out - Kickback



Aria Blaze falls in love. This could possibly be the worst thing to happen ever.

  • ...
16
 101
 6,842

In Too Deep

The faster we're falling,
We're stopping and stalling.
We're running in circles again
Just as things we're looking up


"...You're an idiot, Aria."

A lot of things could have transpired in the short span of silence among her and her fellow demon seahorses. Dexter Holland could have kicked down their door, wielding not one, not two but three rubber chickens, of which had layers and layers of nails stabbed into their squeaky fake feathers and proceeded to frantically wave them around while singing stupid, old Elton John songs. He wouldn't actually try to kill them but instead just kind of, sort of maybe jumped out the nearest window before lighting on fire, sprouting wings and engaging in a fight to the death with Cthulu. Aria didn't like Elton John, who even was that? She didn't know, she was punk. Anything would've been more acceptable to her than...that.

"What?"

Adagio's hand went straight to her forehead. Again. "That's impossible. Why in Tartarus would you even think that?" Aria just gritted her teeth.

Sonata giggled, the mirth and smugness in her tone stoking the fires of Hell within Aria. "Yeah, you idiot."

"Shut it, Sonata!" She screeched. Why was her face so warm? Oh, God, she was blushing! "This is serious!"

Adagio raised an eyebrow. "I don't see why you're getting so worked up about."

"Ugh! You just don't get it, do you, Dazzle?"

There was something about the way she had used her second name that made Adagio feel like she was in trouble. She could feel her hair sending little warning singles into her brain because it could friggin' well do that. It was alive, after all. She shrugged it off and shook her head, this was getting ridiculous. "Alright, calm down."

She did but only her way. Her eyes cast to the right and her arms folded tightly flat against her chest. Sometimes Aria wished she had boobs.

Before anyone could speak, the Worst popped back in. A piece of toast lodged in her teeth because why the frig not? "Sooooo...why do you think you're in-"

"Don't say it!" Aria snapped.

"What? Lo-"

"I said don't say it!"

"I said calm down!" Adagio yelled. "For Tirek's sake, Aria, you of all should know that this is the stupidest thing ever. We can't love!"

"What did I just say?!"

"We're Sirens! You know this!"

"No, we're not!"

"...What're you-!?"

"I'm fuckin' human!" Aria couldn't remember a time when she screamed like that. "We're human now, Adagio! We have human minds, humans hearts, human fuckin' vaginas now! I can't stop myself, I can't force it down, it's always there now! It's only been a day and I'm fuckin' losin' it! He's always there! It's like he's laughing at me with that stupid sexy face of his and I want it out! I want it out of me! You don't know what it's like...it's the worst..."

Adagio was about to come back with something but it was only then that she caught the distinct glassiness shining in her sister's dark violet eyes. It was enough to stop her, rendering her silent.

Aria's hand went instinctively to grasp around her right arm and she hated it. Her gaze went straight to the floor as she held herself close. "I-I can't handle it...I don't wanna feel it anymore." Okay, no, she hated that. By the Sea, did she sound pathetic but it was their fault for not helping her! You know, like a real sister would.

Adagio's mouth hung slightly agape at that. Never, in over the thousand years she had known her, never did she ever hear her sound so...

"So, could you please..!" Aria's piercing glare snapped up to stare right into Adagio's eyes. Did she just say...? "Just cut. It. OUT?!"

Don't you dare cry, girl...

Crunch.

Adagio closed her eyes. Taking a slow, deep breath in through her nose, she parted her lips without even looking at her. "No."

Crunch.

Well, that's that. She couldn't count on either of them for anything, it looked like. That was fine, really. She could do it herself, no problem. Stop shaking fist and tear, don't you fucking drop or else. Alright, heart, nice knowing you. "Fine."

Crunch.

Aria spun around and was about to storm back to her room but stopped at the beginning of the hall. Her shoulders shook and her teeth felt as if they were filing down to points with the way they ground against each other. C'mon, it'd be so easy.

Crunch. Crunch.

Aria dashed back into the room. Her steps were precise but angry, so very angry. Briefly, her eyes caught sight of Adagio just sitting there at the table, a shadow looming over her blank features. Who the Hell needed that arrogant bitch? Not her, she was the toughest damn demon seahorse thing ever, she didn't need anyone.

Crunch.

Aria's hand went straight for the sharpest looking knife sitting there, suspended in the air by the wall magnet off to the side. Just one quick thrust, a few twists and some ripping, it'd be fine. She could it, yeah, she could do it. It's only, you know, one of major things that keep her stupid bipedal body going but she could do it and if she died, she haunt these two idiots for the rest of forever.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch, crunchcrunchcrunchcrunchcrunchcrunch-

Something firm wrapped around her wrist before her fingers felt the hard black plastic handle. It was warm and there was something about it that made her feel...safe? It got tighter and it was then when Aria noticed just how shaky every single one of her muscles were. Why did all of this have to happen to her? Slowly, she turned her head, her watery eyes looking on unfocused at the sight of a familiar shade of orange and...and a smile.

...crunch.

Adagio's lips formed into a warm, soft smile. Something that in any other situation would have scared the ever-loving shit out of her but not this time. In that little grin, she saw something she thought she'd never ever see again. Aria stared back into those two sparkling pools of magenta for what, to her, felt like an eternity. Slowly, her grip loosened on her wrist. Aria didn't give the knife another look as her arm fell to her side, her feet never moving away from the spot in front of her sister. Adagio titled her head slightly to the side as her smile cocked to the left side of her face.

"You are a Siren, Aria Blaze."

Tentatively, Adagio's hand went up to her massive, cheesepuff head. Her fingers combed back through her hair before they stopped at the protruding spikes jotting out from the mass of orange and yellow. With a satisfied grunt, Adagio's raised her hand back over to her sister, her signature head-band in her fingers. Aria closed her eyes and didn't move another muscle as her sister gently set the ornament upon her head, behind her ears, feeling her hair rest flat against her scalp under the pressure. When she felt Adagio's hands fall away from her face, she opened her eyes again.

"There we go." She muttered.

"Please, Dagi'." Aria breathed. "I just wanna hate again."

"And you will." Adagio's hand fell unto her sister's shoulder. "Because I have an idea."

For the first time in what felt like a long time, Aria genuinely smiled.

Cru-

"IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT EATING THAT TACO, SONATA! I AM GOING TO SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!!"

Author's Note:

Man, talk 'bout a mood changer, huh?
I mean, what am I? Vash the Stampede?


...that is literally the most cultured reference I've ever made