• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 6,841 Views, 101 Comments

Cut it Out - Kickback



Aria Blaze falls in love. This could possibly be the worst thing to happen ever.

  • ...
16
 101
 6,841

Shut Up

There you go. You're always so right, it's all a big show.
It's all about you
You think you know what everyone needs
You always take time to criticize me.


This was the worst.

Aria tentatively rolled the sleeves of her jacket up her arm to idly tug at the elastic bands that adorned her forearm.

She was alone that day, something that she was extremely thankful for. The world around her seemed just a little less awful to her when she was by herself. Still, it was pretty awful, regardless but at the very least she didn't have to deal with her sisters, of whom shall remain anonymous as they are by far, the worst.

Especially that air-head, Sonata.

Her slender legs strode on their own accord down the long porcelain halls as her arms folded over themselves tightly, closing herself off from the world. Her deep violet eyes glared around in boredom at everything under her hood, mindful of making no contact with the people that walked by her. At the sight of such a crowd roaming about the mall around her, Aria almost missed her sisters.

Almost.

Still, she had to wonder. Just how much negative energy could they extract out of group like this? Her mouth almost watered at the thought. It had been far too long since she had proper feed. A real meal but it was just like Ms. Cheesepuff-Hair said, time and time again, this world just didn't have the same kind of magic that she craved. That she know they also craved. The slightest signs of a grin betrayed her scowling face, no matter how much she held such distaste for her fellow Sirens, she could always fall back onto the hunger they all shared as something to relate to.

Sonata was still the worst though.

She was pulled out of her inner ramblings as something crashed into her shoulder. She groaned and whipped around only to watch some kid walk on by his merry little way like nothing happened. Aria sneered at the stupid black denim vest he wore over his back and promptly flipped him off. Freaking humans, honestly.

At least they had colourful sign language that she felt was a necessity to learn. You know, for moments like those.

When she turned and started walking again, it was then that Aria discovered something. Something that she already kind of knew but she only took full notice of it until now. She was bored. Like, more than usual. Though, she'd never admit to them, Aria hardly knew what to do with herself with her free time when her sisters weren't around, at least when she was out of the house. Maybe it was time to get a hobby or something, she was bound to have another thousand or so years left of her life ahead, she might-as-well find something to pass the time.

Discord knows that she was tired of hearing all about Adagio's go on and on all throughout the night about her affinity for her daily trips to the salon. Don't even mention Sonata's arbitrary stamp collection. It was time to bug them with something for once.

Aria's ears almost twitched at the sound of a new tune that caught her hearing under the drawl that they played through the mall. No, that wasn't how to describe it. A tune defined to her was melodic, harmonious and when it came to her and her sisters, hauntingly seductive. The sound was discorded and harsh on her ears but she strangely liked it, which was weird for Aria, she didn't necessarily like anything. She followed the noise, as if her feet were gently whisked off the floor and she was being carried to the source of that hypnotizing sound. It got louder and louder as she approached and before she knew it, her curious new sound was accompanied by a curious new sight.

It reached out to her, whispered to her, made it her's and her, it's. It was dark, no, it was lightt but the walls were dark, the whole place felt dark. Just like her. The mall and everything else that was in it or a apart of it no longer existed besides, it was just this place and her. It was music but it as more than that and it was everywhere, in the air and in her veins. Pure, unadulterated music that promptly wrapped it's cold hands around her and made her it's bitch and she loved it. Aria doesn't love, she can't, she's a Siren, her whole existence is driven by getting those around her lover her but this was about as close as anything was going to get to being loved by the toughest sea-horse-thing-turned-human ever in the history of all time. For realzies.

Punk.

This is what tacos were to that idiot, Sonata for her and she couldn't get enough of it.

They didn't have it in Equestria, see. For the longest time, ever since she could remember, Aria was very self-aware of her mannerisms or lack thereof but she never had any other way to express them into something to relate to or admire. It's safe to assume that the clothes that they had on their backs when they came through the portal after being banished, (to this awful place) reflected their personalities. Hence, why her sisters and her went ahead to rectify that problem almost day one of their exile.

She just refused to conjure up the images of what they were wearing in her head. Words can't even...

Of course, with the passage of time, their looks changed aswell as these "humans" did. For almost a thousand years, they watched and they fed. Living among the ignorant race of evolved apes as they continued to build, thrive and kill over their history. Throughout the whole time, Aria stood there, her body leaning on her hip with her arms folded and her eyes pointed straight to the sky in an eternal roll. Something that wasn't likely to change for the rest of her life in this awful place.

That is until music hit a golden age. No matter what, deep down, she could look back on the past thirty years of her life and crack an uncharacteristic grin at the memory of what her old, sensitive ears heard.

Rock.

Aria thought it was fucking beautiful.

Her hand slid lazily into her jacket pocket as her other hand pointed a finger absentmindedly to stroke the air in front of her vision, all her eyes saw were names, titles, cover art and the bordering shelf-racks that lined them all up for her viewing pleasure. The faint little smirk on her lidded-eye expression never left her features.

That is until she stopped moving as soon as her shoulder pressed against something to her side. Out of confusion, she turned her head and much to the kindling that aided in the burning of her fury, it was the same figgin' guy that bumped into her earlier.

Her piercing violet eyes glared holes into the side of his head but he never even looked at her. Not that she could tell through the dark sunglasses resting on his nose. Why did he even need those? They were inside!

Aria scoffed and shoved him aside, quickly turning back to stare giddily through the assortment of music.

She didn't get to enjoy the spoils of her small for very long before she felt a firm weight push against her arm. Her gaze snapped to the side only to stare into that frowning mug for only a second before she was roughly pushed back. Aria staggered to get her bearings and stared in seething rage as he just turned away from her and tilted his head down at the collection assorted along the store rack, his lengthy white hair teasing at the edges of his face.

Arrogant prick. Time to get verbal.

"Do you friggin' mind?"

Aria paid no mind to faces of those around within reach of her voice snap towards her. All she acknowledged was the way that he didn't even look at her, not even the red tendrils that slowly consumed her vision. "Huh?!"

The extra volume in her tone prompted a slight turn of his head. The way his eyebrow cocked slightly behind those stupid black lenses just made her madder and there's one thing you never do and that's make Aria mad, he didn't know that but by Tirek's goatee was she going to make him know. Aria stormed the few steps back to where she stood, reached up and yanked him as harsh as she could by the hem of his black T-shirt to meet her at eye-level, baring her teeth wider. "Well?"

Her other hand raised up and balled into a fist. Seriously, if he didn't take that look off his face..."What's wrong, tough guy? Can'tcha talk?"

Aria cracked a smirk as his lips twitched into a firmer frown. That hint of victory was then promptly rolled up in linen and burnt to ashes as she felt a hard grasp wrap itself around her forearm. Aria glanced down to the spiked-bracelet coiled around his wrist, following it down to his fingers tightly squeezing in on her muscles. She felt the strain immediately and released her grip on his shirt. Grunting, she looked back up at him, his brow creased ever-steadily behind his shades.

"Talking is pointless."

With that, he let go. Aria rubbed her hand over the elastic bands on her arm where he had held her. Okay...so he has a good grip. Whatever.

Something happened in that one moment as he stood up to his full height again, blankly and silently staring down at her while she scowled back up at him. She didn't even know his name but she couldn't care at all about that. Aria felt a strange sensation cut a pocket into her flesh and slither inside in the most unpleasant of manners one can imagine. Nobody was tougher than her and there he stood, proud as a friggin' peacock standing above her like the pretentious douche she knew he was. There was just something, something deep that got under her skin about this guy, burrowing into her mind and heart and it was the worst. Was it the way he looked? What he said? She didn't know but it was definitely the worst.

He was a punk but nobody was more punk than Aria.

Aria's glare never left the floor as the bastard silently strode past her. She didn't watch him go, what would be the point? Aria groaned, reached behind her and pulled her hood tightly over her head.

Except it wasn't that easy. Aria spent about fifteen minutes pushing her overgrown hair into the confines of her shroud as she walked, finding herself now in the cool late afternoon breeze outside, the sky above her turning from fluorescent white to waves of orange. Not like she cared.

Aria's face contorted in a mixture of embarrassment and rage. If there was one thing she couldn't stand was being humiliated...

...that and that idiot, Sonata.

Except she knew how to deal with Sonata. This new guy...this prick was a different problem.

Aria swore that if she ever saw him again, she'd mount his stupid head over her fireplace. As soon as she got one. They should totally get a fireplace. For this exact reason.

Nobody was more punk than her.

"Talking is pointless...Tch."

Aria spent the whole walk home in complete silence.

Author's Note:

I've rewritten this AN 'bout a dozen times over but I realized everything I had to say were personal writing issues. So, fuck that, right? I'll just leave this here. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this.

I can either make it a full-fledged ship-fic that hinders on the almost anime-esque two negatives make a positive thing...or I can make it a "Aria's fuckin' metal!" fic. Either way...

...it was inspired by The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy