• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 6,842 Views, 101 Comments

Cut it Out - Kickback



Aria Blaze falls in love. This could possibly be the worst thing to happen ever.

  • ...
16
 101
 6,842

Bleed it Out

Yeah here we go for the hundredth time
Hand grenade pins in every line
Throw 'em up and let something shine
Going out of my fucking mind


Nothing felt right.

Aria replayed the day's events over and over again in her mind as she stared into herself for the second time since this morning. Her eyes flickered over to the window, catching sight of the soft glow of the moon, suspended there in the blackened sky. She envied the ivory orb, the lazy son of a bitch, what did it have to worry about? All it had to do was just sit there, look pretty and be surrounded by darkness. Saying it like that made her want to grab it out of the sky and punch it in it's stupid non-face, that'd show it to mock her.

It was during that line of thought that Aria came to a conclusion. She had officially lost it. She just groaned at that, watching her teeth bare themselves in the mirror. This was the worst and she knew just who to blame.

Not that idiot, Sonata and not that prick, Grimlock but her stupid, stupid heart. Or whatever that thing was in her chest that pumped her blood. That was about to change, however. She couldn't stop thinking about it. A wicked smile crept onto her face at the very thought. A way out, a solution and it was so simple. She wouldn't go through another day of this, she just wouldn't. No one could make her.

Those two idiots better get home soon.

Aria turned away from the mirror with disdain and stepped out of the bathroom, steadily sauntering over to where the open door leading into her room was. Her hair hung and flicked about wildly on it's own, unhindered by her bands. 'Dark' was an understatement to describe the surrounding walls that she called her own but there was no where else in the world that felt more like home to her. Well, not home, to be fair. Home to the toughest Siren ever was an island of rocks...in the middle of the ocean...in another world...

Whatever. It was dark, she was dark. That was enough.

Aria walked up to where her stereo lay, her ears caught the whispering words of a chorus and as she recognized it, she grinned, barely taking another moment before leaning down to twist the volume dial. Her efforts were rewarding by hauntingly edgy yet beautiful tune gracing her hearing. She felt a little piece of who she was flood back into her from the music but that damn feeling in her chest was still there and it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. At least she had control of her eyes again. She loved moments like these, when she was alone. When she was alone, she could do what she wanted, act like she wanted, listen to what she wanted. So long as she didn't destroy something in the house, Cheesehead would have her scales. By the sea, did she miss her scales. Neither of her sisters really got the sheer divinity of rock.

Sure, that idiot, Sonata liked pretty much anything, even if it made her ears bleed but that wasn't the same thing. Which was probably a good thing, the last thing Aria wanted to be was like Sonata. Still, that idiot being like her was less-gag-worthy. Aria's eyes drifted over the aligning posters donning the walls of her room and noting that none of the faces in them morphed into...him, she smiled at the fact that she now had reclaimed control of her eyes.

If only she did over her mind. It was as if her head had just been sliced down the middle...twice. Aria missed the days when she could focus on only one thought process. Bitterness, power, distaste, more power, hate, need more power, power, hate. Those were the years. Aria couldn't help but feel her age kick in at that stray line of thinking. She was far too adolescent to start getting nostalgic yet here she was, lying flat out on her bed, decked out in her plain black set of pajamas, staring up at the ceiling and recalling the days when she didn't have to deal with these stupid bipedal limbs and she could just swish her tail about and get fucking going that way.

She used to be a demon sea-horse that could fly. That's bloody metal but now look at her. She had skin now, no scales to speak of and instead of her gorgeous fins, she had this dumb stuff they called 'hair'. What was even it's purpose? Before she had something that was aerodynamic, something useful, it helped her. Now she just had stupid threads of yarn spewing from her scalp that got in her face.

Humans were the worst but being human was THE WORST.

Scratch that, both of those combined with that dumb-ass, Sonata were still not as bad as being in l-...l-l-lo-Love. Ugh.

Aria's hand dragged down her face, almost as if punishing herself for even saying that accursed word in her head. As her fingers trailed off her chin, the nails tapped against something hard, a contrast to her soft flesh. She didn't even bother to look down at it, she of course already knew what it was. Her most prized and valuable possession. A fact that, deep down in the blackest pits of her soul, terrified Aria. Before, as a true Siren of Equestria, that little jewel that hung tightly on a piece of leather was her heart. Whether literally or metaphorically, she forgets but it was a part of her, a piece of her body, the centerpiece, in fact. Smack-dab in the middle of her magical sea-whorehorse chest shone it's bright red beauty as it absorbed the chaotic energy that just wafted up from the lands of pony land everywhere they sang.

Now it was separated from her. From all of them. It wasn't a piece of them anymore but rather an item, a possession. No matter how important they were to them or how much they needed them, their sources of power were reduced to common not-so-common necklaces. Pendants, jewelry, whatever, can break.

That scared the shit out of Aria.

Her ears caught the faintest hint of a door swinging open over the blaring euphoria of her music. The rustling of thin plastic bags came next and then, much to her chagrin, came two annoyingly familiar voices.

"Aria! We're home!" Screeched the annoyingly bubbly tone of the Worst. Already, in her mind, she could see Cheesehead's hand violently smack against her stupid face. Not that she could blame her.

"Do you have to do that? Every. Single. time?."

"Well, what if she didn't know it was us?" Aria rolled her eyes and shimmied off the bed, onto her feet. She could almost taste her older sister's disdain from where she stood. "So, anyway, Adagio..." The giant smurf began. "If you had to have sex with one of the friends, who would it be?"

Aria stopped, her hand lingering on the door-frame. Wha...?

"Sonata...what kind of question is that?" The overgrown umpa-lumpa asked...you know because she's orange and she sings...whatever, shut up. Please smack her, Aria silently pleaded. Please, please, pleas- "Chandler, obviously."

Aria almost buckled to her knees at that. "Ugh! Ewwww."

"Alright, then. Who would you go for?"

"Joey! Duh." Okay, now both of them need to be smacked.

"Gag."

"What?"

"You know he's like a million years old now, right?

"Yeah, so? I'm a thousand, it's not that much of a difference!" Hard.

Aria slowly walked out into the hall. "You know what? I take it back. You're about the same intellect, you're perfect for each other."

"Thank you...Hey!" Adagio laughed heartily at that, much to spur on the slapping need that flowed into Aria's palms. As much as she wanted to feed her urge, there was something more important to do and as much as she hated it, she didn't think she could do it without those two idiots. Being assaulted by the image of her sisters bickering over nonsense next to a table, struggling against the weight of the groceries they had brought i only spurred her. Aria snarled, crossing her arms and took in a deep breath.

"I want you to cut it out."

Sonata spun around to face her, exasperated. "But she started it!"

"Not that." Her gaze flickered between the air-head and the cheese-head, taking note of their sudden confused looks, she narrowed her eyes. "My heart. I want you to cut out my heart."

A deathly silence fell upon the Sirens in that one moment. Aria only stared at the other two, being the way she was, she expected them to just go with it and then do it for her. With smiling faces, they would lay her out on the table, take the sharpest knife in the kitchen and take out that damn pulsing plague from her chest. Everything would be fine and she'd never have to deal with emotions ever again. That wasn't to be the case, however. Sonata's head slowly, ever-so-slowly tilted to the side, to the point where her neck almost snapped. Adagio, on the other hand, with her eyes wide in alarm, just met her blank stare with bewilderment. That is until she spoke, replacing her look of shock with one of exhaustion.

"Aria...why?"

"I'll get the tongs!" Both Sirens snapped to Toothpaste who smiled brightly and dashed into one of the drawers, searching frantically. She stopped, groaning before jumping into a nearby cupboard. Aria bit back the edge to murder her sister with her a spoon when she got hit in the head by a bowl of cereal. Twice.

Adagio's hand met her face again. "I'll ask again. Why? I really hope you're joking about this." She repeated with bitterness, not even looking at her.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Can we just do it?"

"No. We can't." Cheesehead sighed, taking a seat at the dining table, glaring at her through her clasped fingers. "You are aware that you'll, how do put this...Die if your heart were to be cut out?"

Aria pouted, leaning against the door frame."Whatever. Can we just do it?"

"Ugh. What's wrong with you, Aria?"

"N-nothing." She stuttered, locking her hand around her opposite arm.

Adagio sighed. "Look, whatever it is, can it wait? Now is not a good time for you to start having suicidal thoughts. Especially when you want us to commit it. Not when we're so close..."

The constant clanging of kitchenware stopped. "So, wait. We're not cutting out her heart?"

"No, Sonata."

"...Awwww."

Aria gritted her teeth. "I'm not asking for much here!"

"Why are you asking us at all? Seriously, this has got to be the stupidest thing you've ever pulled."

"Because-!" She stopped. There was no way she could say it out loud.

The Worst popped up next to Cheese-head, curious and bubbly as ever. "Because...?" She drawled, placing her elbows on the table and resting her cheeks in her open palms.

"I'm-" No, she refused. She couldn't. "I'm..."

Aria's felt the sweat begin to form on her forehead. Forget them. She could do it herself, she knew where it was, she knew how to slice things, it'd be easy. Who needs them? Not her, no way but now she was stuck. She tried to speak, to shrug it off and retreat to the confines of her room but she was, again, stuck. Her brain sent command after command into her body but it jut didn't respond, so she just stood there, mouth agape, like an idiot. Snap out of it, sea-horse! Try to think, you're the toughest fucking Siren! Get it together, girl!

Punk.
Rock. Metal.
Emo. Punk. Punk.
Heavy. Attitude. Dark. Punk.
Grimlock.

"I'm in love!"

Author's Note:

Remember when Linkin Park was...ya know, good?