• Published 1st Feb 2015
  • 3,779 Views, 24 Comments

Magical Mishap - Eddy13



An accident causes the Mane Six to learn more about each other than they ever expected.

  • ...
4
 24
 3,779

Mixed Up Ponies

The five ponies, or at least, three ponies and a two headed pony, walked out of the library, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash stumbling along the way.

“Don’t worry.” Spike assured them from the front door. “I’ll let you all know when Twilight wakes up.” With that, he closed the door, leaving the mixed up ponies to themselves.

Rainbow Dash sighed before a smirk appeared on her face for the first time since this problem began. “On the bright side,” She said as she pointed at the swapped Rarity and Applejack, “It’s going to be pretty funny when we see you explain this to your families.”

“What?! No!” Applejack, or rather, Rarity cried. “Nopony can know about this!”

"Why not?" Pinkie Pie asked. "I want to see their reaction."

"Do you know how embarrassing this could be?" Rarity asked. "It was hard enough for me to go out in public during the 'Poison Joke' incident."

“But ponies are going to be staring at me and Fluttershy and they’re going to think something is up when they see Pinkie Pie has wings.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Yes, but I’d rather they didn’t know about what happened to Applejack and I” Rarity pleaded. “Please keep this our secret.”

“Pinkie Promise.” Pinkie declared as she did her trademark pledge.

“If that’s what you want.” Fluttershy said.

“Oh, alright.” Rainbow agreed. “But what are you supposed to do? Act like each another until you’re swapped back?”

“Why not?” Rarity asked. “It shouldn’t be that hard.”

“Except for one thing.” Rainbow pointed out as she pointed her only forehoof to Applejack in Rarity’s body. “Applejack is the worst liar in Equestria.”

Applejack smiled sheepishly to Rarity. “She’s right. I haven’t won a game of Poker yet. There’s no way I can deceive ponies into thinking I’m you.”

“Well, you don’t have to say you’re me,” Rarity replied. “You just have to act like me.”

Applejack pondered this for a moment. “I suppose I can do that.”

“Good.” Rarity said happily. “We’ll teach each other to behave like the other and nopony will know the difference.”

“Yeah, lucky.” Rainbow snarked before waving her hoof to her and Fluttershy. “I think someponies won’t be able to ignore this.”

“Oh, that’s easy.” Pinkie Pie said. “Just pretend you two are wearing a costume.”

Rainbow Dash looked to the party pony for a moment. “You know, that’s not a bad idea, Pinkie.”

“I do believe we can do that.” Fluttershy agreed.

“Well, Applejack and I are off to the boutique so we can practice acting like each other.” Rarity replied as she walked off with her body beside her. “See you girls later.”

“Ooh, that reminds me. I gotta head back to Sugarcube Corner.” Pinkie said as she turned to leave.

“Uh, won’t the Cakes find it odd that you have wings?” Fluttershy asked.

“Fluttershy.” Rainbow Dash said flatly. “When it comes to Pinkie Pie, nothing is odd.”

“See ya later Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash” Pinkie said before pausing to think. “You know, the way you two are; we should call you ‘FlutterDash’. Take care, FlutterDash!” With that, she bounced off, leaving the two merged ponies alone to sigh at Pinkie’s ridiculous nickname for them.

“Oh, that Pinkie.” Rainbow groaned before addressing her body partner. “Alright, so what do we do now?”

“Well, I still got to take care of my animals.” Fluttershy said. “So, can we head back to my cottage?”

“Yeah, no problem.” Rainbow Dash sighed before they trotted off, only to fall after three steps.

“Sorry.” Fluttershy said sheepishly.

“Oy” Rainbow sighed. “This is going to take some time.”


“Alright then.” Rarity said as she and Applejack entered Carousel Boutique. “First, we’ll practice talking like each other. I just hope that you can match my mannerisms.”

“Why my dear.” Applejack said in a way that made her sound almost exactly like Rarity. “Do you honestly believe me to be an ignorant cowgirl. Need I remind you that I spent a week in Manehatten with my relatives when I was a filly?”

Rarity smiled at Applejack’s impersonation. “Excellent! You sound so amazing, I’d be fooled into thinking you’re me. Of course, we still need to work on you behaving like me.”

Applejack smirked. “Oh, really? You mean like ‘Hello, my name is Rarity. I have a tendency to get overdramatic if I break a hoof.’”

“That happened right after I had gotten a hooficure at the spa!” Rarity cried in her defense. “And furthermore, that’s not what I meant. I was referring to you speaking with the grace and refinement that I use.”

“Alright.” Applejack obliged. “You do realize, of course, that you’ll have to forget all that while pretending to be me.”

“Well, it shouldn’t be too hard.” Rarity shrugged. “I just need to speak with a southern drawl and show a little stubbornness.”

Applejack stomped Rarity’s foot. “There’s more to me than that!”

“Really?” Rarity asked. “I seem to recall you showing a stubborn streak a few times in the past.”

“I didn’t say I wasn’t stubborn.” Applejack retorted. “I was just saying I’m more complex than that.”

“Really? Such as?” Rarity invited Applejack to speak.

“For your information, I’m also a family mare. I have to look out for Apple Bloom.”

“Well, I’m quite aware what it’s like to be a big sister.” Rarity stated.

“You mean like with the Sisterhooves Social and that time you didn’t show up for her play?”

“We made up after those incidents!” Rarity shrieked before retaliating. “And look who’s talking Miss ‘Got-Carried-Away-With-Protectiveness’”.

“I was concerned about Apple Bloom’s safety!”

“Alright.” Rarity sighed. “So we both know how we should act around our sisters. Anything else I need to know?”

“Well, I also have to help out in the kitchen.” Applejack explained. “Oh, by the way, you have to make breakfast tomorrow. Here’s hoping you’re a better cook than Sweetie Belle. Apple Bloom told me how she ended up burning juice.”

Rarity huffed. “How hard can it be?”

“Well, I seem to recall the last time you tried your hooves at farmwork.” Applejack said while grinning. “I believe you were complaining the whole time.”

“Only because Tenderhooves wasn’t paying attention to me.” Rarity defended.

“Sure. Sure.” Applejack said while continuing to smirk. “Just be sure you don’t cry if you twist a hoof while bucking trees.”

“Oh.” Rarity said outloud. “Covering this up may be more difficult than we thought.”

“Yeah, at least Pinkie Pie can get away with crazy things without being suspicious.”

Rarity raised a brow. “You don’t think anypony will get confused over her suddenly having a pair of wings?”

Applejack narrowed. “You’re kidding, right?”


At that moment, Pinkie Pie came bouncing into Sugarcube Corner, where the Cakes were behind the counter.

“I’m back!” Pinkie Pie chirped.

“Great, Pinkie.” Mr. Cake said. “We need you to go check out the brownies in the oven.”

“Okey Dokey!” Pinkie Pie saluted before bouncing into the kitchen.

As she did, Mr. Cake took a look at her and thought he had to be imagining things. It looked like Pinkie was sporting a pair of wings.

“Uh, honey,” He said to his wife. “Does Pinkie Pie look different to you?”

“No.”


“Guess you’re right.” Rarity shrugged. “Okay, then, I guess it’s time for me to teach you how to operate my boutique.”

Applejack gulped. “I don’t know about this.”

“Oh come now.” Rarity said assuringly. “The cutie mark swapping incident happened six months ago. I’m sure you’ll be better this time, especially since you’ve got my body and skills.”


Rarity frowned at Applejack’s attempt at a dress, which looked like the worst outfit she had ever seen, and she had seen some very disgusting dresses in her time.

“Then again, this might take longer than I thought.”

Comments ( 12 )

Loving the story so far!

“Alright then.” Rarity said as she and Applejack entered Carousel Boutique. “First, we’ll practice talking like each other. I just that you can match my mannerisms.”

Probably a missing word in there. I'm guessing it should be: "I just HOPE you can match my mannerisms"?

“Why my dear.” Applejack said in a way that made her sound almost exactly like Rarity. “Do you honest believe me to be an ignorant cowgirl. Need I remind you that I spent a week in Manehatten with my relatives when I was a filly?”

HonestLY

“Well, I also have to help out in the kitchen.” Applejack explained. “Oh, by the way, you have to make breakfast tomorrow. Here’s hoping you’re a better cook than Sweetie Belle. Apple Bloom told me how she ended burning juice.”

Ended UP burning juice.

Rarity huffed. “How are can it be?”

Hard

That's all I see right now. Enjoying the story BTW, just wanted to help you catch some typos.

5640653
Thanks for commenting and pointing out the typos. Don't worry, I'll fix them.

So when is a next chapter going to been?

5783465
I got a little sidetracked, so it might take time. I remember the basic gist of it.

5784996 Do you really plan on coming back for this story? :trixieshiftright:

Or do you have a Major case of writer's block for this? :applejackunsure:

Either way I really do hope you find the time to finish it... :fluttershysad:

6930746
Don't worry. This story hasn't been abandoned. I just have a few other projects in my focus at the moment. I'll get back to it soon.

I am wondering how rainbow and Fluttershy get along as a two headed Pegasus

10987305
Believe me, I didn't mean to leave this on the back burner for so long, but there are a few issues in RL at the moment. Believe me, I intend to get back to this story at one point.

10987336
I hope can get back soon this pretty good

Login or register to comment