• Published 7th Nov 2011
  • 2,433 Views, 21 Comments

Trixie Versus The Gala - Bookish Delight



Trixie is ready for the Grand Galloping Gala! But is the Grand Galloping Gala ready for her?

  • ...
3
 21
 2,433

Trixie Versus The Gala

At last.

It had taken everything to get here: her wagon, her reputation, her dignity, and probably ten pounds due to the walk, but The Great And Powerful Trixie had finally arrived at the Grand Galloping Gala!

Pity she hadn't been invited.

–––
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
"A Dream Come True! The Great & Powerful Trixie's Epic Triumphant Grand Galloping Gala Appearance!"
by Bookish Delight, 2010–2011
All characters and referred properties belong to Hasbro.
–––

From the surrounding grounds, she took in the expansive, majestic sight:

Castle Canterlot.

This was where she belonged, the site of her dream: performing before the Princesses of Equestria, catapulting her career to untold heights! This was where it would all start; and then, the entire world-

"YOU'RE... GOING TO LOVE MEEEEEEE!"

-yes, exactly!

....wait, what?

Trixie looked towards where the voice had come from--the central quarters of the castle itself. She conjured a pair of binoculars, magically levitated them before her eyes, and surveyed the inside.

Those same eyes widened in horror at what she saw. This... was not what she'd expected at all.

Pandemonium and destruction across the halls. Pegasus ponies bucking innocents, socialites splashing mud on each other, cruel and unusual treatment of musical instruments! And the animals! Rabbits, birds, dogs and cats, screeching together, mass hysteria!

And in the middle of it all was Princess Celestia! Except... what was this? Instead of bringing order to this madness, she was fleeing it?

Having seen enough, Trixie backed away in fear and disgust, breaking into a run as far from the castle grounds as her hooves could take her.

Honestly! To think that The Great And Powerful Trixie would be too refined for even the royal house! Her ultimate goal as a performing artist, the greatest venue in all of Equestria, indistinguishable from a looney bin! Celestia should be ashamed!

But as for our heroine:

"The Great And Powerful Trixie ill requires such a stage!"

It appeared she would simply have to find a new dream.

Comments ( 21 )

Uhm... 300 words? Not going to fly, comrade. Though this is well writen, I'll give you that. :trixieshiftright:

Well, it was short and sweet... :ajbemused: C'mon boss you could've gone to 1,000 words easy, but I like your writiting 'voice', I'm going to watch you.

If only you had shown up a little earlier Trixie... then you could have added to the chaos! :rainbowlaugh: Great story, hope to see more from you.

26418

:twilightsmile: It was written for a challenge many months ago, figured I'd toss it up. But thanks!

...would look like that from outside, wouldn't it?

But only because that's roughly what it was on the inside as well, I suppose. :twilightsmile:

Shortness. You see, THIS is why the limit was put in. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but you could have easily made it longer. If Trixie showed up just a WEE bit earlier, she could have experienced the entire thing but nope! C'mon man, you could rewrite this so that it's worthy of my fav. :moustache:


Like to help the cause, though.:twilightsmile:

1085974
Nice rant, but you're preaching to the choir, I'm afraid. :twilightsheepish: I actually share your sentiment regarding wordcount.

However, this is a strange and special case. It was written for a challenge back when the fandom was much older and smaller, where the object was to stay within 300 words or so. In short, to communicate as much of an event and a character as possible in as few words as possible.

So! I could rewrite this, a story which is very much old and closed, or I could continue to devote my resources to a far grander-scale Trixie story I've been planning for quite some time now. Choice is yours. Well, mine, really, but you get the idea. :twilightsmile: I put it in the Trixie group today because, well, it centers around Trixie.

Thank you for your feedback regardless! :pinkiesmile:

1086033

Your welcome.

Though, I must say regardless, you did succeed. You did create character and event description in a short way. It just wouldn't fly by todat's standards. :moustache:

Now, you DID win, right? :trixieshiftright:

1086092
...you know, I don't think I did? I remember there being a deluge of entries. :twilightsheepish:

(And don't worry. "Not flying by today's standards" is the story of my writing life. I keep going regardless. :pinkiehappy:)

1086114

No silly, it's

todat's

standards.

doulifee.com/Storage/aceatt/Gyakutenprosecutor/1-ani-edgeworth-down.gif

No, I didn't just make a spelling mistake. Perish the thought!

1086149
I was going to just let it go, you know. :rainbowlaugh:

1086221

Always gitta have comedy! :raritywink:

Wait...

Rabbits, birds, dogs and cats, screeching together, mass hysteria!

Thank you, Dr. Venkman, :trixieshiftright:

Short, but enjoyable. I like.

I fell out of my chair laughing.

6389902

Thank you! I giggled mightily. :pinkiehappy:

Okay, this was funny.

Hehe. So silly but short

It appeared she would simply have to find a new dream.

Revenge. :trixieshiftright:

This was written six years before the movie, but I'd like to think she decided that if the greatest venue in all of Equestria wasn't suitable for her illustrious talents, then she'd just have to look beyond its borders.

Smash cut to her putting on a performance for a wholly nonplussed Storm King, who orders Tempest to get her off the stage, who orders Grubber to get her off the stage. Wacky hijinks A fierce battle ensues, which the Storm King finds amusing. Trixie is offered a position, which momentarily surprises her until her ego kicks in. She and Tempest eventually bond over feeling like outcasts who aren't valued for their talents.

Login or register to comment