• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,702 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,702

PreviousChapters Next
---

Stopping outside Noteworthy’s house, Sweetie waited patiently as the smells of dinner wafted through the street. Taking a seat on some grass by the road, she pulled out a book to read. It was one that had recently been released. It was about a young filly trying to make her way in a zombie apocalypse, with only an ex-murderer as company.

Slowly, the sounds of music began to echo, and Sweetie gently closed the book, it was time.


Noteworthy played the note, and sighed. There was something weighing on his mind, something he couldn’t quite place. Shaking his head, he noticed the sounds of his fellow musicians begin, and moved his hooves to join in, forgetting his worries almost instantly. Closing his eyes, he let the music speak.

The song weaved and swirled, easing the minds of everypony listening. It softened anger, it soothed heartache, and helped children drift to sleep. It did all this, until a new tune entered the air. Swirling around it, the music hesitated, detecting the inexperience behind the magically infused notes.

The tune began to swirl, singing a new song, one that disturbed the old rhythm as it spoke. The song tried to resist it, wanting to keep the soothing melody, but soon found the tune mixing to make it more haunting. The song faltered, and the tune rose up in panic, trying to continue the song. The song paused, and decided to listen, shifting to allow the tune, the voice, to lead.

It began joyfully, bouncing around with a playful air, transforming into a mischievous undertone. The voice changed, while the melody continued the undertone, jumping into the calm beat of the old song. Transforming the song, the voice seemed to falter occasionally, but purposely in tune with the song, before finally coming to a stop.

The voice resumed, and the song transformed into a sad song, emotion given a voice. The voice began to return to the calming melody of before, and the song resumed once more, sensing the message was finished. Finishing, the final notes ended as normal, and all was calm. Only a few ponies noticed the difference, and even fewer knew what was the cause.

As all musicians poked their heads out, they saw Sweetie Belle in the street, looking directly at Noteworthy, and simply knew. Vinyl and Octavia both vacated inside, knowing it was none of their business. Lyra simply walked away, glancing back only once on her way home. Looking down at Sweetie, Noteworthy walked downstairs, and opened the door.

“Come in,” he spoke, turning and walking toward the table, where he took a seat. Stepping inside, Sweetie shut the door behind her, and joined him at the table. Breathing in, she opened her mouth, and began to tell him her tale. At first, Noteworthy had been going to laugh, but his disbelief was removed when Sweetie transformed herself into an Alicorn for a moment.

Hours passed quickly as Sweetie spoke, and Noteworthy’s expression grew more and more serious. Levitating over both of them some coffee, Sweetie took a sip, and continued. After finishing her tale, Sweetie waited patiently as Noteworthy looked down. Closing his eyes for a moment, he sighed, standing up and walking over.

“I can’t exactly forgive you for what you put that version of me through, but I can’t hate you for it either. I don’t really know what my feelings are on the situation to be honest. I’m sorry I can’t give you more or a final answer on that.” Biting his lip, Noteworthy put a hoof on Sweetie’s shoulder, looking her in the eyes.

“It’s late, you should head home.” Turning, Noteworthy led the way back to the front door. Stepping outside, Sweetie and Noteworthy shared a strained smile, and the door was closed. Noteworthy headed upstairs, slumping in his bed and heaving a sigh. Meanwhile, Sweetie went home, getting a quick hug from Rarity, and went straight to bed, where dreamless sleep met her.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the short chapter.

PreviousChapters Next