• Published 1st Nov 2014
  • 2,825 Views, 37 Comments

I believe your wife is a vampire! - the frank



One evening, a detective knocks on the door of Octavia and Vinyl. He has a message to deliver... and a vampire to catch.

  • ...
6
 37
 2,825

A bit nasty, yes. (optional)

It was in the office of Police Squad early the day after. Sgt Takeraway walked in through the doors, a very black morning coffee in his magic grip. Except for him, the only one present at this hour was DL Getemm. She was staring into her computer screen and greeted him without looking up from it.

"Morning, newbie. Not getting used to the early mornings yet, or is that hot marefriend of yours making you stay up late?"

The young officer blushed. He wasn't accustomed to the blutness of DL Getemm yet, and he didn't have a witty comeback either. He just sipped his coffee, hoping there would be no further comments. His hopes were in vain. DL Getemm laughed and pointed at him.

”I knew it! The department got its own stud! Now this will be something to talk with Cayenne with at lunch!" Suddenly she became serious. "But get your sexy ass over here, we have work to do. You know DI Bookem?"

The young Sergeant was surpriced at the sudden change of topic, but he welcomed the focus being shifted from him to somepony else. "Of course I do. He's a bit....strange."

The DL rolled her eyes. "More of a total nutcase if you ask me. Stubborn as a mule, but this time I think he actually got something."

Takeraway took another sip. He tried to remember what DI Bookem had been working on, and after a minute, he found it. "That vampire case?"

"Yep. And though I hate to admit it... That mark theory. It may actually work. I talked to the lab. They talked all that fancy scientific jibberish, but the bottom line was, that if they get a sample from the vampire directly, and compare it to a sample from a victim, it’s more than probable that they will find a connection. The thing Bookem called 'the mark'."

Takeraway wasn't especially versed with DI Bookem's theory, but he had been taking chemistry classes at the university, and he knew what a breakthrought this would be. "Wow! Great! Where is he? We must tell him!"

The Lieutenant's face suddenly got a worried look. The bantering tone was gone completely when she spoke.

"Well... that’s the catch. He hasn't arrived here yet. That isn't an issue but apparently he never signed out yesterday either. I checked the records just now. And he doesn't answer his cell..."

"You think something happened to him? That he decided to act alone and... got caught?"

"Yep. That's why I'm sitting here at his computer. This is the files of his case. And there is one name that comes back. Vinyl Scratch."

The sergeant whistled low. "DJ PON-3? He aimed high"

"Yes... but her name keeps coming up in his notes. It may be a coincidence but..."

"Probably not. You think he went there last night?"

"That's what I think. Let’s go visit Mrs. Scratch. She lives at... 54...Brookland ...road."

A strange green mist floated in through the ventilation. The eyes of the ponies went blank, and the computer screen went black. After just a few seconds, the mist withdraw, and all was silent. Sgt Takeraway was the first to speak.

"You were saying?"

"Eh... 54 Brookland Road."

"Who lives there?"

"Let me see... stupid PC, its dead. Have to use the Dumbphone... ah, a Mrs. Octavia Melody and her wife Vicenza Scratch."

"The famous cellist and DJ PON-3? Why did you check their address? ...are you stalking them?"

The lieutenant had that confused look that makes one look as one just got hit by a brick.

"No... We had to find... DI Buckem."

"Who's that?"

"Who's who?"

"The name you just said"

"What name?"

"I dunno."

They stared at each other in silence for a minute. Then the Lieutenant spoke again.

"Let’s get more coffee. We probably need that."

Author's Note:

What did just happen? You better read the sequel to find out...

Crossroad/The Last Crusade

Comments ( 8 )

chech their adress

*check their address

5225926 Thanks, will change it!

5220622 Well, it's more of a reaction to that one.

5399303 We weren't? Oh, damnit!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Thanks! Will fix!

I really like this story! It's too short for Equestria Daily though... Maybe Twilight's Library?

5409386 That was my plan, but that ain't an option any longer. Ah well, the love of the people will be my reward!

Sorry, that sounded snooty. Glad you liked it. thanks! :pinkiehappy:

6242972 Sure, why not? Give me some pointers and I'll fix them. :)

This was yes. Me happy very much. Lots much good. Yay.

Login or register to comment