• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 768 Views, 9 Comments

Scorching Day, Chilling Night - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Starlight Glimmer deals with the Twins of Terror's return. It's a good thing she's not alone.

  • ...
0
 9
 768

Epilogue: Decisions

After the group entered the town, the people forgave the twins pretty quickly once it was known that Dark Magic had been influencing them. As the festivities picked up, a slate gray Earth Pony found his way over to the seven friends. His mane was chartreuse and his tail was an off-white orange. He smiled, causing a manic look to overcome his violet eyes. He shouted out. “Maestro! Good to see you, old buddy!” The manic Earth Pony had a Cutie Mark of a gear popping out of a box.

Maestro chuckled. “Good to see you too, Gearbox. How long have you been here?”

The aforementioned Earth Pony with a tattered lab coat on had a manic grin on his face as he spoke. “Oh, just a little bit before the King disappeared I came into town looking for you! Couldn’t find you until just now, however. Why is that?”

Maestro blinked, and raised an eyebrow. “Seriously, Gear? Do you not see the crown of the Element of Empowerment on my head? I thought that’d give a clue.”

Gearbox adjusted his lab coat, and huffed. “Sorry, I thought it was just a new trinket or something. Pardon me for my ignorance.” He then looked to the others. “So these guys helped out to? Interesting…” His watch then buzzed with an alarm. “Oops! I best be going. I’ve got plans with a programmer. See ya.” He then cantered off, and the group went to enjoy the rest of the festivities.

Things had been winding down for a while when, near the end of the celebration, Eclipse called the seven heroes to him. He spoke jovially. “I appreciate what you have all done this day. Expect compensation within the next few days.” He then turned to Starlight. “Now, as for you, my student....” He took a careful look at the group, and turned back to Starlight, and nodded. “I believe it would be unwise to expect you to come back to Canterlot now that you’ve got some budding friendships to attend to. I’ll have a house built for you here. Consider it a gesture of faith that you won’t let these friends slip by.”

Starlight bowed gracefully. “Thank you, Your Highness.”

Eclipse then addressed the group as a whole as he summoned a chest. “Now, place the Elements in here for now. The chest is enchanted, and cannot be opened without my magic signature. It will be sufficient to keep the Elements until we need them again.”

The girls did so, but Maestro hesitated. He decided to speak his mind. “If we enchanted the Elements themselves, we could carry them around ourselves, but such things will take time…”

Eclipse nodded. “Indeed. Also, it would be ill advised to let you keep them without some sort of title. A ceremony for such will be arranged as soon as possible. You have my word.”

Maestro nodded, and placed his element in with the others. The chest was closed, and teleported away. They went back to the celebration, and a Maestro stopped as he saw a rainbow dragon. Said dragon bounded over to the group and pulled Maestro into a hug against her gold belly scales. “Daddy! You’re alright! I was worried when you went off into the forest after the Twins of Terror appeared! I’m just glad you’re alright.”

Maestro chuckled deeply. “Sorry Prism. I woulda told ya if I’d had the time to.” He ruffled his daughter’s silver spines. “You ready to be off to our next destination? You get to pick this time!”

Prism’s bronze eyes lit up in excitement. “Oh! We should stop by in Los Pegasus to see Aunt Janice! It’s always good seeing her!”

Maestro nodded, and turned to the others. “Terribly sorry that I can’t stay longer. It’s just I’ve got so much to do.”

Starlight sighed. “You never stay in one place for long, do you? At least write to us and visit when you can, alright?”

Maestro nodded. “It’s a promise.” He then went over to his Emporium with his daughter. She entered first, after which the Emporium then collapsed down to the size of a portfolio. He slung it over his shoulder, and wandered off in a random direction.

The girls of the group spent the rest of the celebration chattering, even when they noticed the guards moving to build a place for Starlight. Things were certainly looking up.


Elsewhere...

Servo was prostrating herself before her benefactor, the one that returned her to life. She spoke slowly. "Milord. Please forgive my oversight. However, we may yet salvage this situation for His Great Coldness."

The pony before her was a pegasus stallion with a crystalline coat of periwinkle. His mane and tail were as dark as a starless night sky, and his eyes were light orange. His cutie mark was of a spirit circling a gravestone. He spoke in a deep, hushed tone. "You are right, my little marionette. We can salvage your little blunder." Servo flinched as he spoke that last part. "After all, those that are smart always have a back-up plan..."

Servo bowed before him again. "By your leave, I will set it up posthaste, Lord Phantom Howler."

Phantom chuckled mirthlessly, and a locket made of bismuth swayed around his neck. "Not yet. we must wait for the right time to strike..."

Servo rose from her bow. "Of course, your lordship." It was time to play a little game...

To Be Continued in: Ponyville Adjusts To Starlight

Author's Note:

So I finally finished this one! True, it's a short ending, but I was uncertain on how to make it longer. It's also unedited. so there's that. Leave your thoughts down below. I'll be seeing you in the sequel soon. Update 05/08/18! You can find the sequel here.

Comments ( 1 )

Didn't even start reading and I already like it.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment