• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 760 Views, 9 Comments

Scorching Day, Chilling Night - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Starlight Glimmer deals with the Twins of Terror's return. It's a good thing she's not alone.

  • ...
0
 9
 760

The Power Of Apologies

The power of the rising sun is an amazing thing. It can get the most stubborn things to start their day, say, a hibernating bear, an author of some work of fiction that is inspired by another work of fiction, or a somewhat temperamental unicorn. Starlight awoke with the rising of the sun, as was somewhat usual for her. Her head was hurting, and on a scale of one to ten, it was an eleven. Starlight groaned in pain as she went downstairs, and she went straight to the medicine cabinet, which she’d stored her medication in the previous night. She moved aside her sleep meds along with a few others, such as one for stress, out of the way to find her Fast-Acting Extra Strength Headache Killer medicine that her mother had mixed up just for her for emergencies like this. She took out one of the red capsules, and went to the cupboard, got out a cup, went to the fridge, poured a glass of water, and downed the medicine. Almost immediately, she could feel the effects of the medicine work their wonderful magic. Starlight sighed. Better thank mom for sending me a lifetime supply of this stuff when I get the chance. She then went back to the cupboard and pulled out a box of cereal and a bowl, along with some milk from the fridge and a spoon from the silverware drawer. It was a good thing that she had a very good memory of the layout of this place- she’d only needed to slightly glance at the floor plans once. As she was finishing breakfast, the doorbell rang. She sighed after finishing off the last bite, then got up to get the door. Maybe it’s the librarian coming to work or something. After all, not everyone in Equestria lives in their place of employment. Starlight opened the door, and, to her surprise, it wasn’t the librarian. Rather, it was the six people she was supposed to work with on the Extravaganza. In fact, she realized that they were probably expecting an apology for what happened to the party last night. Starlight sighed. “Look, about last night… I kinda… lost it… I’m sorry about that. Could you pass along that message to Pinkie for me?”

Cherry waved a hoof dismissively. “Oh, don’t worry about that, Starlight. If anything, we should be apologizing to you for not asking about your past experiences with parties before letting Pinkie plan one for you.” She hung her head in shame. “We just weren’t thinking, honestly.”

Starlight blinked. Wasn’t she the one in the wrong here? And yet, here they were, the ones she’d wronged, apologizing to her. Suffice to say, she was very confused, and she decided to voice that confusion.

“Wait, what? You’re sorry? I’m the one that ruined the party for everyone, not you. Shouldn’t you be mad with me?”

Maestro shook his head. “While your argument has some merit, your view of the situation is quite limited. After all, we were the ones who were being inconsiderate, by presuming that you’d be okay with parties.” Maestro then muttered something under his breath that sounded like: “Honestly; I should’ve expected that, considering…”

“But-”

Starlight was cut off by Thunder’s interjection. “Look. We’re all sorry for one reason or another. Can we just drop it already, and agree that we’re all equally sorry?”

The rest of the group nodded, and then Starlight spoke up. “So, now that that’s out of the way, do you guys want to talk about your progress for the Extravaganza?” A myriad of affirmations reached her ears, and the group journeyed inside together. As they discussed their progress, Starlight felt a strange, almost foreign feeling swell within her. What is the matter with me? Why am I starting to consider them… friends? This puzzled her to no end, but what was more curious was that part of her actually… didn’t mind that much. In fact, part of her was somehow okay with all of this. Why is this happening? Starlight thought to herself. I thought I’d never allow myself to have another friend, and yet… she looked at the six ponies that surrounded her, and couldn’t help but start to smile as they spoke with her about how far along they were with the preparations. ...I feel as if I want to be friends with these ponies. And that thought… strangely doesn’t bother me. She chuckled to herself lightly. Maybe… Friendship isn’t so bad after all. That singular thought was foreign to Starlight, but honestly, she couldn't bring herself to be worried about the implications of this revelation. She just smiled as the conversation drifted to more mundane topics. If it's them... I think I can do this "friendship" thing again. She joined in the camaraderie with a zeal that she hadn't experienced in quite a long time.