• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 760 Views, 9 Comments

Scorching Day, Chilling Night - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Starlight Glimmer deals with the Twins of Terror's return. It's a good thing she's not alone.

  • ...
0
 9
 760

Tough Through Scrapes

It is often said that when things are the most relaxed and cheery is the most likely time for things to go absolutely wrong. In the height of the celebration, a snapping sound was heard, and suddenly, the music stopped. Everyone backed away from the stage as an oppressive aura spread throughout the air. Maestro cursed. “Verflucht! Ich hatte gehofft, über ihre Rückkehr falsch zu sein!”

Two orbs descended from the sky; one of burning white, one of chilling black. The orbs started to twist and reshape, morphing into the forms of two alicorn mares. One of immaculate white with a mane and tail of burning flames that had eyes of blank white and a cutie mark of a fiery sun, the other of pitchest black with a mane and tail of frigid ice that had eyes of dark black and a cutie mark of an icy crescent moon. The black one spoke first. “Ahh! It’s so good to be free again. Don’t you agree, sister?”

The white one scoffed. “At least we can agree on that much. So, shall we pick up where we left off 2000 years ago?”

King Eclipse then stepped forward. “Celestia… Luna… It pains me to see that you two still have not let go of your petty feud after all this time.” He collected platinum magic in his dragon claw, and got ready to hurl it. “I wish I didn’t have to do this to you, my daughters, but, for the sake of the safety of my kingdom, I will seal you away once more!”

The black one then chuckled. “Ha! Oh, father. How nice to see you here. But, let me ask you this: do you really have the heart to imprison your daughters once again?” Her horn then started to swell with black magic, but Eclipse stood his ground.

“Even if I have to seal you away one thousand times, I will do so for my people!” Eclipse’s magic was ready to go, but he hesitated for a moment. “If you agree to give up this pointless feud amongst yourselves, I will spare you! What do you say?”

The white one scoffed as she lit her horn with white magic. “Never! Only one of us is fit to rule! However, since you are determined to bar our way, we will banish you together!” The two alicorns unleashed their magic in a spiral of black and white, and Eclipse managed to re-direct his magic to form a barrier. However, due to his hastiness, the barrier was not enough, and broke. The twin beams of magic hit, and Eclipse was whisked off into the sky.

Thunder Blitz shot up into the air. "What have you two done with King Eclipse? Just who do you two think you are?"

The white one snarled. “Oh, that old codger? We sealed him away, for all time and eternity.”

The black one spat. “As for who we are, we-”

Maestro Spectrum then stepped forward. “You’re the Twins of Terror, Scorching Sun and Chilling Moon! You’ve returned from a bygone age to continue your feud over who gets to be the successor to your father, King Eclipse. Am I getting the details correct?”

The black one, Chilling Moon, beamed. “Ah, ‘tis wonderful that one remembers us. Pray tell, who art thou? We would welcome our herald to our embrace.”

Maestro shook his head. “Maestro Spectrum won’t turn his back on his king, lady. None of us will.”

The white one, Scorching Sun, scoffed. “Thou darest to stand against us? Are there any other fools to side with you?”

Crescendo went straight up to them, and shouted. “You no-good vagrants ruined my performance!”

Cherry dragged a hoof across the ground. “Your entrance toppled one of my food stalls!”

Thunder cracked her neck. “I so want to Thunder Boom these creeps ‘till kingdom come!”

Serenity hmphed. “Honestly, I cannot abide by this atrocious disregard for the Extravaganza!”

Berry sighed. “You guys killed my good mood… (grumble, mumble… I wanted some hard cider, too…)”

Starlight then struck a hoof on the ground. “I demand that you return our King, my mentor, this instant!

Chilling Moon then lit up her horn with magic to bring Starlight over to herself and her sister. “You are father’s champion? What a droll site you are. Still, I cannot fault him. Your power is indeed great.”

Scorching Sun then smirked. “I say that you should side with one of us girl, if you value your life. Trouble is, who will you choose?

Starlight looked at the crowd that was judging her with their eyes. They thought that she might take the offer, to spare her own skin. The six she bonded with begged her not to, pleaded with their eyes. “You want me to abandon my teacher and side with one of you two? I have only one thing to say to that.” Starlight shut her eyes, and drew in a breath. She then shouted with such force, that it rivaled the mythical Royal Canterlot Voice. “NO!”

The force behind her shout propelled her from the magical grip, flinging her over the crowd. Luckily, Thunder Blitz managed to catch the projectile Starlight mid-air, and lowered her to the ground safely. Starlight mouthed a silent “thank you.”

Chilling Moon scoffed. “Very well, fools. We will return for your rustic town once our business is settled. And you, student of our father, will be the first to die.” Starlight gulped, and the alicorns took off to the sky.

Then Starlight turned to her… friends… as the rest of Ponyville descended into panic. “What do we do now?”

Maestro started trotting towards the Everfree. “We go save the world by finding the seven Elements of Harmony, of course. C’mon, follow me. I know where they are.”

Cherry looked around, and turned back to face Maestro. “Who? Us?”

Maestro turned back to look at the six mares. “Who else but the ones who aren’t running around like headless chickens would I be talking to? So of course you guys!” He then urged them to follow with a hoof. “C’mon! Time’s a wastin’!”

As he broke into a gallop, the six mares followed him. Starlight then thought to herself. The Elements of Harmony… Devotion, Honor, Compassion, Charity, Humor, Empowerment, and the mysterious seventh one. Just how are we supposed to use them when we find them? I hope Maestro know’s what he’s doing...

Author's Note:

They're here! The Twins of Terror have appeared! But worry not! All is going to turn out swell. The Trials of Elements have begun-- tell me, who do you think will get each Element? I'm curious as to what your thoughts are.