• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 759 Views, 9 Comments

Scorching Day, Chilling Night - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Starlight Glimmer deals with the Twins of Terror's return. It's a good thing she's not alone.

  • ...
0
 9
 759

The Maestro of Music, The Living Spectrum

Music is all around us, just like magic. It flows through all of us, for it is no respecter of persons. Music is the language of the soul, or so it is said. Starlight, however, never really gave any stock to that. She couldn’t care less if that was true or false, after all, it had nothing to do with her. As she entered the town square, a upbeat tune started to pull at the edges of her recollection. This song… Have I heard it somewhere before? She then look towards the source of the song, and gasped. It was a turquoise building with accents of every color imaginable. Above the double door entrance, there was a white sign with a turquoise musical note superimposed over a paintbrush in an X shape that had the seven colors of the rainbow arcing to the left underneath it from the tip of the brush. Under that symbol were the words in turquoise lettering: Maestro Spectrum’s Art Emporium. Starlight looked at the large crowd that was gathered around the entrance, and she could pick out a few of the mares that she’d met that day, and one of them had a sign that said: I love Maestro! Then, the double doors opened, and the crowd cheered as a tall dark teal unicorn stallion with reddish brown mane with a turquoise streak down the center and a seven-colored rainbow tail that was short and spiky. His cutie mark was the symbol on the sign of the store, and he wore blue glasses and a royal blue vest. Around his neck was a oval-shaped platinum locket that had his cutie mark engraved in it. Starlight’s eyes widened as she realized that she’d met this stallion before, for he was once a student of King Eclipse as well. He then started to sing.

“I’m the Maestro of Music; the Living Spectrum!

I’m the best at what I do; it doesn’t matter where I’m from!

I travel all around the world; and I’ve gathered some fame!

My vision has been unfurled; Though not under my real name!

When it comes to art; nobody can compare!

But with my advantage; any comparison is unfair!

It doesn’t matter to me what you are; I treat you all the same!

I don’t care where you’re from; of that I have no shame!

My prices will never change; of that you can be sure!

After all; my heart will always be pure!

I’ve got so many pieces of art; so c’mon down!

I’ve stolen hearts; I can’t make you frown!

I’m the best there is; and that’s no lie!

I’m a Master of All; I won’t make you cry!

My word is one you can trust; That’ll always be true!

I’ll always keep a promise; as sure as a sapphire is blue!

So c’mon into my Emporium; come in to buy my art!

You’ll experience euphoria; I’ll steal your heart!

Paintings, Statues, and so much more;

You’ll see beauty galore!

So come on and see what’s in store;

You’ll beg for more!”

The crowd started to cheer loudly as he went to the next part.

“I’ve no rival; for I’m the best!

Upon my arrival; I rose above the rest!

For I’m the Maestro; the Spectrum!

I embody art in my soul; no matter where I go!

I live for music; I live for art!

You don’t seem to care where I’m from;

I choose the destiny I sew;

And I’ve stolen your heart!

I travel to and fro;

No thought to where I go;

I won’t stop until I find what I’m looking for;

Until then, I’ll travel evermore!

Never stopping, until the end;

Stay with me, my friend!

It’s the way I roll;

I’m out of control~!

But that’s just the way I am.

So c’mon down!”

The crowd was cheering louder, and one shouted above the rest. “Maestro, I love you!”

The stallion bowed with a flourish, then chuckled a bit. “Thank you, Ponyville! You’re a wonderful audience, as usual!” He then rose from the bow as some of the mares in the audience swooned. “My Emporium will be open for sales starting tomorrow at 8 AM, so come back then, m'kay?” He then flashed a smile, and some other mare felt somewhat weak. However, the crowd managed to disperse, and Maestro went up to Starlight. “Hello again, Starlight. How’ve you been since I dropped the classes with King Eclipse?”

Starlight sighed. “Oh, things have been great, Sunset aside. She's still a pain.”

Maestro raised an eyebrow. “Shima is causing you grief? And here I thought that she’d get her anger issues under control.” He shook his head and sighed. “I guess that was a bit too much to hope for from my ex.”

Starlight blinked in surprise, and then her eyes widened. “You once had a relationship with Sunset? What happened?”

Maestro rolled his shoulders a bit. “Ah, that. Thing is, she was never really interested in me, aside from my money. Just as well though, ‘cause she wasn’t exactly my type. As experiments go, I’ve had worse results.” He shuddered. "I will forever regret Sarah Von Strokenheimer... She was a bit too... Forward."

Starlight cleared her throat. “Well, moving on, how are your preparations for the Extravaganza?”

Maestro adjusted his glasses with his turquoise magic. “Ah, right to the point. I’ll get that done as soon as I can. It’ll be done well before the Extravaganza. You have my word, artist’s honor.”

Starlight raised an eyebrow. An artist’s honor was a very serious thing. Rumor had it that if you broke a promise sworn on your artist’s honor, you’d lose your cutie mark. However, nobody had ever tested that, and for good reason. After all, losing one’s cutie mark was a very serious thing, because most only got it once in their life. A few have been known to get a second one and not have it be because of the cutie pox, but they are a small minority. “Thank you for your assurance, Maestro. I’ll see you at the Extravaganza, okay?” She blushed just a bit.

Maestro flashed his smile, and spoke. “Of course, Starlight. You can count on it.” Just as he was walking away, Starlight could pick up a whisper from his direction. “Seriously, why is it that so many mares are after me? I may be a bachelor, but still…” He then disappeared into his Emporium.

Starlight then walked away a bit, thinking to herself. He’s still the same Maestro. Irresistibly handsome, but has a serious cold shoulder under his mask. I wonder if he’ll ever find his special someone. I may like him, but I know that it’s no more than a silly crush. It means nothing. Starlight cleared her head, and went in the direction of the library, which is where she’d be staying. Ugh. Books. I’m just glad that this won’t be permanent. Starlight had never really liked books that much, ever since she was young. But, she had to put that aside for now. After all, she had better things to worry about. I just hope I won’t have to deal with some kind of-

She’d reached the library, and opened the door. A loud cheer of “SURPRISE!” caught her off guard. She then leered at the pink mare with poofy pink mane and tail that was coming her way.

The mare then started to speak. “Hey there! You must be new in Ponyville! After all, I know everybody in Ponyville, and I hadn’t seen you before, so that means that you’re new! So I took it upon myself to throw you one of my famed ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ parties! So, do you-” She cut herself off as she saw that Starlight’s eyebrow was twitching. “Hey, you okay?”

The crowd of ponies backed off as Starlight’s rage seeped into the room. “Okay? Why would I be okay?” Starlight snorted, and her eyes became bloodshot. At this, the pink pony started to back away. “I hate parties! I simply can’t stand them! Now, get out of my house!” The ponies then panicked, and ran out in compliance with her words. After they were all gone, Starlight huffed. “Way to go, Starlight. Now you’ve gone and done it. There goes your reputation… again.” She then slumped to the floor, and clutched a hoof to her chest. Why do I feel so… broken? What’s… wrong with me? These thoughts tormented her throughout the night as she slept.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter five! Honestly, I didn't think I'd get it done this quick. Maestro, do you want to take it from here?

Gladly. So, editors/proofreaders wanted! PM us! Criticize constructively, or don't criticize at all. If you fave, don't forget to upvote as well. If you like/dislike, we'd like to hear your reason why. Thank you for your consideration.