• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 760 Views, 9 Comments

Scorching Day, Chilling Night - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Starlight Glimmer deals with the Twins of Terror's return. It's a good thing she's not alone.

  • ...
0
 9
 760

A Giving Heart

Do you ever struggle to put aside something you’ve believed in for years when you find out that it’s not quite correct? Starlight was having such troubles. Sure, now she had accepted the fact that these six ponies were her friends, but there was a small nagging portion of her that demanded that she reconsider, that she go back to her old friendship-hating self. She tried her best to ignore these thoughts, but they just wouldn’t go away, and demanded her full attention. They demanded that she continue to dwell on what happened all those years ago that made her first decide to hate friendship. Not even the tangled, twisted branches of the upper canopy could take her mind off of these thoughts. Luckily for her, a distraction came quickly. Standing before them was a really irritated Crusher Cat, a lesser known race that often preferred to stick to more quiet places. Her yellow fur was a little tangled, and she smelled somewhat odd. No wonder she was cross. After all, it was known by those that knew of Crusher Cats that they really were quite picky with their appearance and smell. She hissed in anger, and muttered about something. Maestro then put a hoof in front of the group. “I believe it would be unwise to bother her. Crusher Cats are quite vicious, especially when upset.”

Thunder then spoke. “So what’re we supposed to do? We need to get past her!”

Maestro flicked his tail in agitation. “I know that! The question here is how to-” He cut himself off when he saw Serenity go up to the Crusher Cat. “Well, I guess she’s gonna try something.”

Serenity then spoke. “Excuse me, my dear Ms. Cat, I was wondering if you might like some help with something.”

The Crusher Cat then turned towards Serenity. It was now much easier to see the steel-like claws that gave Crusher Cats their name. She then hissed in agitation. “Hah! A pony wants to help me? Why would you? You ponies have always been a bit self-centered. Why would you be any different?”

Instead of losing her cool at that comment, Serenity replied with grace. “No special reason, I just want to help you out. Is that so wrong?”

The Crusher Cat blinked in confusion, and shook her head. “I see. Very well. You seem oddly selfless for a pony.” She then sighed. “I’ve lost my favorite shampoo! Without it, my fur is this tangled mess you see before you. I can’t take a proper bath without it!”

Serenity then pulled a bottle of shampoo out of the green drawstring bag on her back. “Might it be this kind?”

It was a bottle of De-tangle King shampoo. When the Cat’s eyes lit up, Serenity tossed it over to her. The Crusher Cat caught it in her forepaws, and purred in thanks. “I owe you much, strange pony. If you ever need assistance, just find the Crusher Cave and ask for Rhonda Ripper.” She then slinked away into the depths of the forest.

Starlight then released a breath that she didn’t realize that she was holding. “Glad that’s over with.”

Maestro then started to walk ahead. “C’mon, we’re burning daylight here. Let’s get a move on!”

As they walked, Starlight then thought to herself. If we manage our way through this, I’m definitely gonna have to have these guys help me adjust my way of thinking. She smiled, knowing that she could trust them to help her out.

Once again, the hooded figure appeared in the clearing. Her yellow furred hoof poked out from the back of her cloak. She then straightened her cloak with her indigo magic. She then smirked. “Oh, I wonder how they’ll feel when they see me~!” She licked her lips, and cackled a bit. “Especially that Maestro fellow! He’ll probably will have quite the look of shock on his face~!” She then sighed with content. “Yes, the scene will be most marvelous.” She then went on her way. She stopped at the next place that she wanted them to go, and lit up her horn. She giggled. “This should stall them for a while.” She then vanished after the giant snake was roused from its slumber.

Author's Note:

So here's chapter eleven. It's not as short as I'd feared it'd be so that's a plus! I still haven't found an editor, so this chapter may be a bit choppy. I think you guys know the drill by now: Constructive criticism, like/fave/dislike=comments.