• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,143 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,143

PreviousChapters Next
77 Relinquish by Ratsenkio

Relinquish by Ratsenkio

“I can’t do this anymore!” cried Vinyl to Lyra. Both were sitting at a table at the little establishment, they had been having a friendly lunch until Octavia appeared through the door with her date.

Now they were watching their friend smiling with her partner and Vinyl had been dying over the course of their meal. The only ones that knew of Vinyl’s love for the grey mare were her friends Lyra and her marefriend BonBon. The only problem with her little crush on her roommate was that Octavia wasn’t into mares at all, which in turn only served to cause the biggest pain in Vinyl’s chest.

“Why can’t I be something more to her than a friend. Something more passionate than a sister!” Vinyl couldn’t contain the pain in her voice and in her face. The only part of her face that didn’t show it being her eyes as they were covered by her purple tinted glasses. “She should be looking at me, she should be smiling at me. She should be blushing at my compliments! I do everything for her. I would drop everything just to be by her side. I love her more than everypony in the whole Equestria combined. And yet I’m still her friend...” Vinyl spat the last word with all the hatred in Tartarus.

“I give up!” she finally cried when she saw Octavia with her eyes closed kissing her date, “I can’t watch this anymore! I hate this! I hate not being able to kiss her, to touch her, to make her feel like the most important mare in all of Equestria, to ravish her after one of her cello practices that makes her look like an angel came down to Equestria! I hate this...” Vinyl started crying, “I don’t want to feel this anymore. To hate her for what she does and love her for what she is.”

“Will you be okay?” asked Lyra in a timid voice even though she already knew the answer.

“No, I’ll never be okay… Not without Octavia. But I love her too much to make her feel bad about this. I just want to see her smile, even if it not at me.” Vinyl said and with that, they paid their bill and left the establishment.

They left Octavia alone in her date.
--------------

The courtines opened again to show all of the actors and actresses. Vinyl and Octavia were together in the middle of the long line, being them the protagonists of the story.

“That was incredible, Vinyl. Why didn’t you told me that you were such a good actress?” asked Octavia to Vinyl.

“That, my dear Octavia, is because I’m not!” she said with a smile, “I was just saying almost all the truth.”

“And what would be the little lie be?” asked Octavia with a curious face.

“That would be that like hell I would let anypony else have you!” said Vinyl with a confident smirk.

“Aww, come here you sappy mare!” said Octavia before grabbing Vinyl’s cheeks and dragging her to a big, sloppy kiss while ignoring the cheers and few cat-calls directed to them, clearly more than a few stallion and even mares enjoying the show both were putting. After they parted Octavia said “And like you said, like hell I would choose another pony to love!”

PreviousChapters Next