• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,141 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,141

PreviousChapters Next
30 Daybreak by TaviPlaysTheBass

Daybreak by TaviPlaysTheBass

As day broke, light shone through the large windows of Vinyl Scratch’s apartment, rousing the groggy mare from her slumber.

She felt the warmth of another pony curled up in front of her, and smiled. Octavia looked so peaceful lying there in front of her without a care in the world, her face free of all the tension it usually carried.

Her love was there with her, and nothing else mattered.

Screw her styling appointments later that afternoon, and screw the gig that she had lined up for tonight. She had Octavia, and in that moment, she wasn’t going to let anything pull her away from her beautiful charcoal marefriend.

So often life got in the way of their time together. They were both full time musicians, careers that took up a lot of time. Unfortunately, lazy mornings spent cuddling, waking up slowly and giggling together, had taken a backseat.

On any regular morning, they’d both be out of bed early in the morning, rushing to get dressed and stuff some breakfast down their throats on the way out the door. Stopping just for a quick kiss and an “I love you”.

Today though, neither had anything scheduled till later in the day, and Vinyl had no intention of letting this rare moment get away from her.

She took a deep breath, and snuggled up closer to her marefriend, wrapping her forelegs around Octavia’s barrel. She closed her eyes, and inhaled the intoxicating scent of Octavia’s mane. Here she was, cuddling with her love. A happiness blossomed in her chest as she enjoyed a much needed respite from the stresses and pressures of her everyday life.

Today was going to be a perfect morning, and Vinyl Scratch wasn’t going to let anything get in the way of that.

She floated her magical aura over to the curtains, and slowly slid them shut.

PreviousChapters Next