• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,141 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,141

PreviousChapters Next
57 Daughter by Ratsenkio

Daughter by Ratsenkio

*ding dong* Went the bell in the OctaScratch household.

A little colt was standing by the door as he waited for it to be opened.

His dark violet coat was shining in the moonlight and his rainbow mane and tail were well groomed. He was dressed in a nice black tuxedo, clearly tailored for the young stallion.

*ding dong* Went again the bell.

“Comin’.” said a raspy masculine voice. A few moments later, the door opened to reveal Vinyl Scratch.

“Oh. It’s you Dusk Blitz” said Vinyl to the young colt “Viola’s with her mother, she’ll be down in a moment.”

“It’s okay mister Vinyl.” responded Dusk.

“So how are Rainbow and Twilight?” asked Vinyl trying to make small talk while they waited his daughter’s descent,

“They’re fine. Dad complaining about some recruit as always and mom obsessed with her studies.” said Dusk.

“Great, it’s been a while since we’ve seen them. Maybe we could have dinner some time.”

“I’m sure mom and dad would…” started Dusk, but as he saw the beautiful filly that appeared behind Vinyl, he lost all ability of speech.

Viola Scratch had a white dress with a few touches of blue. Said dress went really well with her light gray coat and her blue curly mane.

“Hey dad, how do I look? Oh… Hi Dusk...” Viola said. Sounding more nervous as she spoke. With every word the blush on her cheeks keep darkening to the point of resembling a tomato.

“Hi Vi’.” responded the colt, who, like his date, was now sporting a blush much like his date.

“Well hello, Dusk.” saluted Octavia from the stairs having followed her daughter to the first floor.

“Now kids, what’s the plan for the night?” she finished.

“Hi, misses Octavia,” returned the colt with a little nod of his head, “first we are going to a see a movie and then we’ll go to have dinner at Sugarcube Corner.” he finally said.

“Well then, run along. Have fun you two.” said Vinyl, “Be home by nine and no funny business. Heard me?” finished as he shot Dusk a half serious half mocking glare.

“Yes, sir!” said Dusk as he and his date started to walk away from the house.

“Oh, she grows so fast” said Octavia in a soft voice, most certainly remembering her baby daughter while seeing her go on her first date,

“Well, we are not old ourselves… We could always make another one you know…” said Vinyl with half lidded eyes.

“Oh, come here you!” said Octavia grabbing her husband and closing the door with a soft kick.

PreviousChapters Next