• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,143 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,143

PreviousChapters Next
43 Flimsy by Michelle Twistaloo

“How the heck was I supposed to know? I thought it was cushioned to avoid this kind of thing!”

Octavia glared at Vinyl, the fires, burning harder than the pits of hell, lighting her eyes. Vinyl had been sloppy, she had played pranks on her, she had laughed at her but she had never, never, never done something like this.

“It was worth thousands! It was an original piece, a 200 year old family heirloom, a cello that is worth more than your flimsy house!”

“And now it’s a pile of rubble that you can use to burn, see the upside, at least now you won’t have to go out and buy firewood”

That didn’t help. The joke was tasteless and Vinyl knew it as soon as she read Octavia’s expression. She moved backwards, actually kind of cautious of what Octavia’s intentions were.

“You are so....so, going to sleep on the couch tonight”

Vinyl dropped to her knees, she lifted one of her hooves in a dramatic gesture, her face conrtorted in a also dramatic gesture, she put the other hoof to her head.

“You maniac, you blew it all up! NOT the couch!”

Octavia didn’t smile, she stood firm on her decision.

“Movie references won’t help, I’ll admit the whole thing could be ....flimsy as you put it, but that doesn’t mean it’s ok to destroy it!”

Octavia turned and went away, leaving Vinyl on her knees, she thought of the best reference ever, to an awful awful movie.´

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

She shouted. And Octavia facepalmed particularly hard at that.

PreviousChapters Next