• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,142 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,142

PreviousChapters Next
26 Wedding by lyra_lover777

Wedding by lyra_lover777(me)

You have been invited to Vinyl Scratch and Neon Lights's wedding.

It is at three PM sharp, on Sunday at the Canterlot Castle.

We would enjoy if you came!

"Humph," Octavia grunted.

"I know me and Neon are cousins, but barely!" she whined.

"Why are you so worked up?!" asked one of Octavia's best friends, Carrot Top. Carrot wasn't that bad, she just didn't get the emotional side of things sometimes.

"Well, she can't just go and barge in there! They used to date!" Colgate, another one of Octavia's best friends, replied.

"Thank you, Colgy. I just feel...unsure."

"About what?" Amethyst Star, the last of Octavia's best friends, said.

"Well, just...I don't know if I ever got over her."

"Really!?" Carrot replied. "But you broke up, like, two years ago!"

"Shush, Carrot. Let the ponies who actually have feelings and aren't virgin handle this," Colgate snapped.

"Oh, be easy on her," Amethyst said. "It's hard to find straight colts in Ponyville."

"Actually I'm not virgin anymore," Carrot piped up. "You see, I was delivering some carrots to Gizmo Pointdexter..."

"You did it with Gizmo Pointdexter!?" Colgate screeched, horrified.

"Oh, you girls are no help at all." With that, Octavia downed the last of her wine and left the room, which was Colgate's bedroom.

She could hear Amethyst following her, along with the other two farther back, still bickering.

Amethyst appeared and leaned in close to Octavia.

"Go," was all she whispered before pushing Octy out the front door.
===

Octavia was clad in a lacy dark gray number that floated around her like ethereal smoke. She was trotting up the steps of the castle into the church where the wedding was to take place.

Amethyst and her other two friends had also joined her after Octavia's inquiry. She couldn't go without them.

Amethyst strode next to her, wearing a tight, light purple cocktail dress. Her body was laden with pounds of jewelry of her own making.

Carrot wore a simple light yellow dress. The simplicity was what made it nice and unique.

Colgate wore a light blue dress with several white stripes zig zagging across it. She also wore a simple gold necklace, made by Amethyst.

The quartet entered the church. Most of the guests were already there.

They sat down towards the back with Octavia's brother, Arpeggio.

Soon the service started. Princess Cadence was overseeing the affair, having traveled all the way from The Crystal Empire to head such a wonderful union.

Yeah, Wonderful. Sure. Octavia thought, snorting.

The two ponies to be married were dressed at the edge of dressed up. Neon Lights wore a leather tux, and Vinyl, oh sweet Vinyl, wore a tight white cocktail dress that hugged her curves perfectly. She even kept her trademark glasses on.

Octavia was lost in thought but was brought out from it when Cadence shouted "Any objections? Speak now, or forever hold your peace."

Octavia fidgeted with her hooves. No pony said or did anything, only kept perfectly still.

Cadence was about to continue when Octavia slowly rose to her hooves.

"What are you doing?!" Colgate, Carrot, and Arpeggio whispered harshly at the same time.

And Amethyst smiled triumphantly like she had just won an important battle or argument.

"I do!" Octavia shouted, her voice ringing through the giant room.

PreviousChapters Next