• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,141 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,141

PreviousChapters Next
55 Hero by lyra_lover777

Hero by lyra_lover777

"What do you mean?!" Vinyl screeched, her earbuds that had been stringed around her neck slipping and clattering to the floor.

"I-i'm sick of it!" Octavia said, collapsing on the old, worn couch.

"But why?" Vinyl said. She realized her outburst hadn't helped one bit, and she calmed down, ponied up, and snuggled against Octavia.

"Hmm?"

"It's just, well-" Octavia started before getting to her hooves, making Vinyl fall off the couch.

"Oww!" Vinyl whined, but Octavia was already gone, gone in her mind, as she kept talking.

"-Well, I hate the publicity! I may be a noble, but all these innumerable dinners and galas and art openings and auctions and-and it's just to much!"

"But ponies look up to you! You're like their-their role model, their-"

Vinyl was ready to keep talking, but Octavia had already left.

"Real mature, Octy!" Vinyl shouted, pursuing her marefriend into their bedroom.

Octy had locked the door. Vinyl pounded on it insistently, anger coursing though he rveins as she heard Octavia unlock her cello case.

The bow struck the strings, a harsh whisper emitting.

But then it became a tearing noise, and splitting wood.

Now Vinyl was scared. She raced through the house, retrieving a tarnished key from under the sink, and rushed back to the door, unlocking it with a click.

Octy lay on the ground, the remains of her cello only shreds around her.

She was balling, tears rolling down her face.

All the anger left Vinyl, and she picked her way across the valley of wooden shreds to her weeping love.

She nuzzled against Octy, breathing in her smell.

"I-i just couldn't take it," Octavia whimpered.

Vinyl nodded solemnly.

"-You were their hero, Octy, Their hero."

PreviousChapters Next