• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,143 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,143

PreviousChapters Next
19 Treble by Michelle Twistaloo

“I told you! I had this”

“Well obviously you didn’t, or there wouldn’t be such a mess over here, now would there?”

Vinyl looked around, as if noticing the huge amount of flour, eggs and more covering the walls, floor and somehow even the ceiling, making walking on them a sticky prospect. She smiled, embarrassed, but Octavia didn’t find it funny.

“What do you know? I told you that I had it, no to come in, I would give you breakfast in bed and you, you....”

“And I what?” – Octavia inquired with a sharp tone of voice – “Don’t try to pin this whole mess on me!”

“You startled me!” – She also screamed.This whole thing was frustrating and it was making her flustered and sweaty, and the combination of white and yolk with sweat was not appetizing in the slightest. – “I was doing well until you came here and told me to stop!”

“If by doing well you mean throwing the eggs up in the air and making them stick” – She pointed a hoof at the slowly dripping oil and eggs, glued to the ceiling as if by magic. – “Honestly, haven’t you ever learned how to cook?”

“I did!” – Vinyl lied, the few things she knew how to do weren’t, by far, high cuisine, but she at least tried. – “Ok, I totally didn’t, but I should be able to make breakfast, I’m not just a musician!”

“Well you’re lousy at that” – Octavia smiled, and took a pinch of flour that had stuck to her fur into her hoof, analyzing it. – “I reckon you should keep to deafening me and everyone else, so I don’t have to clean!”

“You won’t! I will”

“Sure you will, you said the same thing after that party.....”

“You promised you wouldn’t mention that, ever again!”

The party had been an early event in their relationship, which almost had finished it, but now they had both vowed to leave it behind, or, at least, Vinyl had, apparently Octavia’s promises didn’t hold that much weight.

Octavia gulped as she looked at the red in Vinyl’s eyes. This wasn’t good, nor was it funny. She was about to be hit by the full fury of the wub machine, when Vinyl started laughing.

At first, Octavia didn’t understand why, she felt miserable, and Vinyl laughing at her wasn’t helping her much. But then she noticed the reflection in the kitchen counter. She had a treble shaped mark on her fur.

How did that even get in there? - She pondered as she turned around to examine it.

Vinyl was still laughing, and Octavia looked at her stained coat, it was yellow and white, but it was definitively a treble .

“Did you do this on purpose?”

Vinyl was still out of breath so it took some seconds for her to be able to answer.

“N...no, it was a surprise, I was making treble shaped items of food for you, you know, because of your big butt?”

Octavia smiled with modesty as she covered herself.

“My butt is not that big....” – She lied, even though she had one of the biggest, Princess non withstanding. – “But thank you.”

They say actions speak louder than words, and while harsh actions had been swapped, the treble had fixed them up. That, and their actions, they embraced and found themselves uncomfortable, as they stuck together.

“Shower?” – Octavia asked. Vinyl nodded.

And they went. Ready for cleaning themselves and, later, the house.

PreviousChapters Next