• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 2,138 Views, 312 Comments

Rhythm and Harmony: The Octascratch Prompt Collab - lyra_lover777



Various short stories by various authors between 100 and 1500 words obtaining to the love of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

  • ...
7
 312
 2,138

PreviousChapters Next
73 Rainbow by Arctic Inferno

Rainbow by Arctic Inferno

No, Vinyl thought. There is no way that can be possible.

And yet, as blurry and unbelieving as her eyes were, there was indeed another mare standing across the ballroom, returning her unfaltering gaze. She was beautiful by every definition of the word; her mane curved in a gorgeous stream down her shoulders, her onyx dress flowed in a veil behind her and her steps were delicate and well-mannered.

This can't be real, Vinyl repeated over and over in her head, this can't be real, no way in heaven...
`The other mare approached the speechless Dj, speaking in a smoothly angelic voice seldom heard from anything other than a celestial body. Her dress was seemingly designed in a way to make her curves as visible as possible to Vinyl but nopony else.

"Hello," She said calmly, "I saw you looking at me from over there."

"U-Uh, yeah, about that," Vinyl responded nervously, "You, uhm, just look really nice is all."

The eloquent mare responded to the rushed and nervous statement with a simple giggle.

Vinyl and the new mare spoke for a long time before the latter took a sudden turn and invited the Dj up the large stairs at the far end of the ballroom. She followed, a strange mixture of excited and petrified, mainly because she was finding it increasingly difficult to hide the scarlet blush that had spread like a forest fire over her muzzle.

The two stood in the rich sunlight that soaked the great balcony, talking and exchanging compliments. This was so until Vinyl realised her companion had directed her gaze to the sky, a content smile on her face. The Dj followed her gaze to a large milky rainbow of shimmering colours that shone down above them and both were captivated, too stunned to speak.

Vinyl managed to scoot a little closer to her, though.

PreviousChapters Next